Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #346
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I have no problem with it. The reserves were playing hard and fighting to comeback, so D'antoni kept them out there. Melo and Amar'e stunk it up, got benched.
Do you actually watch the games or regurgitate stuff u hear? Melo started the game red hot n then got inexplicably sent to the bench. How did he stink it up. Meanwhile Lin played almost 40 minutes, shot more shots, made less, had 6 tos n played zero defense. Its fans like yall that get every superstar run outta here and were stuck tryna bui ld around guys like Lin and Gallo. We lost by like 14 ****in points. The bench couldnt have been playin that well obviously. The guy that "stunk it up" was the leading scorer. Under no circumstsnces should Lin and Fields tske more shots and play more minutes than Amare and Melo unless they are on fire. Look at the boxscore. Our back court got killed. Stop trying to blame Melo, Amare and Shumpert for every loss. Our coach is terrible and our backcourt is mediocre. So before someone wants to bring up the record with Melo, bring up our record with Dantoni! Poor guard play and bad coaching. Thats been the common denominator for years.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #347
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Do you actually watch the games or regurgitate stuff u hear? Melo started the game red hot n then got inexplicably sent to the bench.
Inexplicably? He played the entire first quarter and then got rest. He was good in the first quarter and did nothing else.
Quote:
How did he stink it up.
LOL, I guess you like watching him blow layups, miss freethrows, not get back on D, and then laugh about it. 6'8" and shooting 40% on the season. But hey, he's a star right? Can't hold him accountable.
Quote:
Meanwhile Lin played almost 40 minutes, shot more shots, made less, had 6 tos n played zero defense.
Lin played like crap too. Where did I say otherwise? I've been ragging on Lin for weeks.
Quote:
Its fans like yall that get every superstar run outta here and were stuck tryna bui ld around guys like Lin and Gallo.
Fans like y'all? Believe or not, I don't want to trade these guys. I just want them to stop making me look like an idiot for rooting for them.
Quote:
We lost by like 14 ****in points. The bench couldnt have been playin that well obviously. The guy that "stunk it up" was the leading scorer.
Amar'e and Melo have no pride. We consistently go on runs to get us back into games when they're on the bench.
Quote:
Under no circumstsnces should Lin and Fields tske more shots and play more minutes than Amare and Melo unless they are on fire.
Fields took nine shots and made six of them. What a jerk.
That is on fire compared to what Melo and Amar'e throwing up.
Quote:
Look at the boxscore. Our back court got killed. Stop trying to blame Melo, Amare and Shumpert for every loss.
And you need to stop coddling them like some sort of weird superstar Stockholm syndrome. They're supposed to be leaders out there, and that's why they get the blame.
Quote:
Our coach is terrible and our backcourt is mediocre. So before someone wants to bring up the record with Melo, bring up our record with Dantoni! Poor guard play and bad coaching. Thats been the common denominator for years.
Yeah, it's all D'antoni's fault. He's telling Melo to shoot 40% to get Jeremy's confidence up. He's telling Amar'e to let opposing guards walk right past him for layups. By god, you've solved it.

Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #348
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I see your Amar'e bad D gif, and raise you this one

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #349
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Move over Dwight, we've got a new Defensive Player of the Year on our hands.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #350
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Move over Dwight, we've got a new Defensive Player of the Year on our hands.

Finally, we agree on something.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #351
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Soul mates.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #352
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im sorry but it's clear you see what you want to see in games. You quoted my entire comment but have yet to respond to my main point.

Who killed us from Philly? Lou Williams and Evan Turner

Who guards those guys? Lin and Fields

What caused Philly to take the lead in the beginning of the game? Turnovers

Who had 9 turnovers? Lin and Fields

Quote:
Yeah, it's all D'antoni's fault. He's telling Melo to shoot 40% to get Jeremy's confidence up

1st of all **** Jeremy Lin's confidence. Who the hell is he? Im sick of this nonsense. He had 2 weeks of great play against sub par teams and now every1 has to change their game for him? He needs to go out there and be a pro just like everyone else. He isn't a baby. Andyes, when your star comes out with 12 points in the 1st qtr on 4 of 6 shooting, then you bench him for major minutes, yes it is your fault when he shoots 40%. It's called a getting a rhythm.

Quote:
LOL, I guess you like watching him blow layups, miss freethrows, not get back on D, and then laugh about it. 6'8" and shooting 40% on the season. But hey, he's a star right? Can't hold him accountable.

He missed ONE freethrow. ONE.He shot 11 for 12 from the line. Which is gr8 if your shot stops falling. Drawing fouls is what you're supposed to do. BTW, Gallo shoots 43% from the field this year and had ZERO points tonight. Just thought I'd point that out

Quote:
They're supposed to be leaders out there, and that's why they get the blame.

So because they are the highest paid, i should ignore the bad coaching and the real reasons we're losing? When Melo was dropping 42 on the Celtics last post seaon, but we lost. It was his fault right?even though everyone else stunk it up. C'mon man. Thats like blaming Dan Marino for the Dolphins not winning a ring. Like I said, I've seen this movie before. Even the gr8 Pat Ewing used to get blamed for all our problems.

Quote:
Amar'e and Melo have no pride. We consistently go on runs to get us back into games when they're on the bench.

Yea when teams could care less. Bottom line is, we win because we arent disciplined. Say what you will about ANYBODY on the team. This team presently constructed has too much talent to be as bad as we are. Any coach looking for a job would KILL to have this roster. Amare n Melo have only been here 2 years. We've been bad for a decade. D'Antoni has been here way longer. At some point, he needs to take on the heat for not having ANY of his Knicks teams prepared. The ones with Gallo, The ones with Amare, the ones with Melo, the ones with Marbury etc.

Quote:
He's telling Amar'e to let opposing guards walk right past him for layups.

You've got no argument from me here. I said Amare is the laziest player i the league.

Quote:
Amar'e and Melo have no pride. We consistently go on runs to get us back into games when they're on the bench

But they werent the reason we were down. We started losing because our backcourt was throwing the ball away AND"couldnt stop a nose bleed".
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #353
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

end of the day, we can go back and forth about which player hurt us the most. End of the day, the undisputed reason why we suck is d'atnoni. NONE of our players are to blame for us switching as much as we do on defense and THAT is the number one reaon we give up so many points. Furthermore, on offense we lack cohesion. Does Melo ISO alot. Yes. But so does a lot of star players. D'Antoni has failed to figure out a way to make his players mix. Our offense could be so simple. Give it to Melo and amare early, force teams to double. When they do, make em pay. this doesnt mean you have to ISO them . Just run plays for them to get in psitions to make a play. when teams adjust (which all teams do except us), you make em pay with your role players.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #354
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Im sorry but it's clear you see what you want to see in games. You quoted my entire comment but have yet to respond to my main point.

Who killed us from Philly? Lou Williams and Evan Turner

Who guards those guys? Lin and Fields

What caused Philly to take the lead in the beginning of the game? Turnovers

Who had 9 turnovers? Lin and Fields
Yeah, apparently you don't understand the concept of help defense. It's harder now than ever to guard perimeter players; defense goes through the bigs.

But by all means, keep pretending that Melo and Amar'e are just fine and shouldn't take any responsibility for the team they're supposed to be leading.

[quote]1st of all **** Jeremy Lin's confidence. Who the hell is he? Im sick of this nonsense. He had 2 weeks of great play against sub par teams and now every1 has to change their game for him? He needs to go out there and be a pro just like everyone else. He isn't a baby. Andyes, when your star comes out with 12 points in the 1st qtr on 4 of 6 shooting, then you bench him for major minutes, yes it is your fault when he shoots 40%. It's called a getting a rhythm.[/quarter]
Melo's getting plenty of chances to produce. He can't even make layups anymore.

Quote:
He missed ONE freethrow. ONE.He shot 11 for 12 from the line. Which is gr8 if your shot stops falling. Drawing fouls is what you're supposed to do. BTW, Gallo shoots 43% from the field this year and had ZERO points tonight. Just thought I'd point that out
You always bring up Gallo, who just missed a month with an injury. It reeks of insecurity. I understand of course, the mental gymnastics it takes to pretend that Carmelo is playing anywhere near worthy his contract and status. Best of luck with that.

Quote:
So because they are the highest paid, i should ignore the bad coaching and the real reasons we're losing? When Melo was dropping 42 on the Celtics last post seaon, but we lost. It was his fault right?even though everyone else stunk it up. C'mon man. Thats like blaming Dan Marino for the Dolphins not winning a ring. Like I said, I've seen this movie before. Even the gr8 Pat Ewing used to get blamed for all our problems.
If Amar'e and Carmelo where playing anywhere near we know what they're capable of, you might have some semblance of a point.

Quote:
Yea when teams could care less. Bottom line is, we win because we arent disciplined. Say what you will about ANYBODY on the team. This team presently constructed has too much talent to be as bad as we are. Any coach looking for a job would KILL to have this roster. Amare n Melo have only been here 2 years. We've been bad for a decade. D'Antoni has been here way longer. At some point, he needs to take on the heat for not having ANY of his Knicks teams prepared. The ones with Gallo, The ones with Amare, the ones with Melo, the ones with Marbury etc.
The one with Amar'e and Gallo - the first legit team D'antoni's actually had, was a sixth seed. Say it was a coincidence, say we just beat up on bad teams, but we had our best stretch of this season when Melo and Amar'e were gone. That says something. If we were just beating up on bad teams, we wouldn't have lost to the Bobcats.

Quote:
You've got no argument from me here. I said Amare is the laziest player i the league.
And Carmelo is Bill Russell. Right.

Quote:
But they werent the reason we were down. We started losing because our backcourt was throwing the ball away AND"couldnt stop a nose bleed".
More often than not, those two have hurt their team this year, full stop. I have defended them plenty (moreso Amar'e, admittedly), and I've looked ridiculous doing it.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #355
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bucks and Cavs won so they are just 1 game behind us now.

Bye,bye playoffs. See you next year (hopefully).
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #356
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Crazy how good we look on paper huh? This was as good as it gets from the years that went by and perhaps years to come. Proves to show, without a proper coach and the heart of players you will fail.. and this may be the best team on paper to ever have failed to come through. I feel like I'm not overreacting, it's just to the point where I can't watch anymore. Something has to be done, whether we give this team another chance to the go and fire the coach. If it still fails, then blow it up.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #357
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Knicks dont look good on paper or on the floor mostly they look sexy in the toilet!

Let Boomdizzle start and put Lin with the 2nd unit.

2nd unit will be better than the first unit by a mile!

Everyone would be happy.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #358
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Baron has been worse than Lin. Even though he plays against bench players and has much better spacing with JR and Novak behind the arc, he still turns the ball over as much as Lin, and most of his turnovers are entirely avoidable, like botched alley-oop forces. His shot selection is the worst on the team. And he completely dominates the ball whenever he is in the game.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #359
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What a disappointing season, my friends.

I never really thought we could go further then 2nd round, no it's not that my expectations were too high.

But damn, we have a losing record now, and it won't reasonably become a winning one. We seriously risk to give up the 8th seed to teams such as Bucks or Cavs.
All of this while having two players who are supposed to make any team instant playoff threats.
Everyone has their share of responsibility. Except underpaid and overperforming role players, basically Novak and Lin.

My optimism on the Knicks is at its lowest in this moment.

Our front office sucks. They sign a taleban coach. Fine: give him the pieces to win with his taleban bball principles then, or you suck. You suck.

Our coach sucks. He's a taleban. He cannot adjust his views to save his life.

Our superstars suck. They are lazy bums (Amar'e). They can't stand the pressure (Melo). The aren't leaders who give their heart out completely (both). They couldn't lead a line of pupils back home from school.

Our role players are just role players. They're not supposed to turn around a franchise. They're supposed to do what they are asked. Some do some don't. But they're not supposed to take responsibility if a team fails terribly like this.

/rant
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #360
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

knicks always left with 2nd pickings...amare and melo
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: