Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #361
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Evaluating the Knicks

Quote:
Yeah, apparently you don't understand the concept of help defense. It's harder now than ever to guard perimeter players; defense goes through the bigs.

Clearly, you just illustrated that YOU don't understand help defense. It's exactly that, HELP. Which means the man guarding the ball got beat and needs HELP! So your logic is, blame the help defender (which Amare is terrible at) but not the guy who got beat in the 1st place. That's a real Republican way of thinking. Blame Obama for not fixing Bush's f^ck ups lol

Quote:
But by all means, keep pretending that Melo and Amar'e are just fine and shouldn't take any responsibility for the team they're supposed to be leading.

When did I say that? PLEASE show me where I said that? Theres a difference between holding them accountable and acting like they are the reason why we lose games. I'm not stupid. I've been folowing basketball since I was in diapers. I'm not going to sit and let the media lie to me when I know what I see with my own two eyes. Our last 7 years has been plagued with poor coaching and inconsistent guard play. THAT is why we are losing. So no, I'm not going to blame our 2 highest scorers for ALL of our problems.

Quote:
You always bring up Gallo, who just missed a month with an injury. It reeks of insecurity. I understand of course, the mental gymnastics it takes to pretend that Carmelo is playing anywhere near worthy his contract and status. Best of luck with that.

Dude, it's not that serious. It was a joke. Obviously you're the insecure one. BTW, 21 ppg 5 reb and 3 apg in an injury plagued season is far from terrible.

Quote:
The one with Amar'e and Gallo - the first legit team D'antoni's actually had, was a sixth seed. Say it was a coincidence, say we just beat up on bad teams, but we had our best stretch of this season when Melo and Amar'e were gone. That says something. If we were just beating up on bad teams, we wouldn't have lost to the Bobcats.

So that's what we're aiming for? The 6th seed? Wow. So I should go run Melo and Amare out of town. Build around Lin. Go trade and get back Gallo. Start Jeffries. Been here half a decade and the best you can achieve is a 6th seed?

This statement proves my point about how you view sports. You've regurgitated the "we played better without them" line from some BS you heard on TV. #1 look at the teams we played then. Only 3 had winning records and none of those 3 teams had top PGs #2 Look at the teams we're playing now since both guys have been back. #3 You gave Gallo a pass for coming off of injury but you forgot Melo's been hurt all year too.

Quote:
And Carmelo is Bill Russell. Right.
Never said that. But to lump them together is to ignore the games. Melo has been way better defensively than he was last year. Amare has gotten worse.

Quote:
If Amar'e and Carmelo where playing anywhere near we know what they're capable of, you might have some semblance of a point.

Shouldn't that tell you something about our coach? Every star comes hear and gets worse. Gallo left us and got better. Marbury came here and got worse. Melo regressed. Amare's been under D'Antoni damn near his whole career but he isn't nearly as aggressive as he was his rookie year in PHX. Joe Johnson got better when he left PHX.

Quote:
If Amar'e and Carmelo where playing anywhere near we know what they're capable of, you might have some semblance of a point.
And people would still be blaming them. My point is not to say they aren't playing below potential. My point has always been that they are not our main problem.

Quote:
More often than not, those two have hurt their team this year, full stop. I have defended them plenty (moreso Amar'e, admittedly), and I've looked ridiculous doing it.

21 ppg hurt your team? Playing PG because Toney Douglas is a joke hurts your team? C'mon man. Say they aren't playng to their full potential. But to blame them and completely ignore the HUGE elephants in the room (our guard play, our coaching and our defensive philosophy) is just being biased and a typical NY Knicks fan. A fan who's mentality has helped to keep a championship out of NY since before I was born!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #362
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rudy Gay: 26 points
Danilo Gallinari: 37 points
Omri Casspi (avg 7 pts): 13 points in 20 min
Kyle Korver (avg 8 pts): 16 points
Paul Pierce: 30 points
LeChoke James: 31 points
MarShon Brooks (avg 14 pts): 18 points
Paul Pierce: 34 points
Mike freaking Dunleavy freaking Jr.: 25 points

Who guarded those guys?

Let's not use double standards, right?

I love Melo and I'm gonna trust him as our superstar (at least until we change coach), but let's not act like he's the immaculate victim of the bad mystery men.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #363
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're just a Gallo fan,not a Knicks fan.
Go to Nuggets forum and GTFO.

Just kidding
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #364
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

Who guarded those guys?

I love Melo and I'm gonna trust him as our superstar (at least until we change coach), but let's not act like he's the immaculate victim of the bad mystery men.

Some of these guys you are naming are guards, and weren't guarded by Melo.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #365
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
You're just a Gallo fan,not a Knicks fan.
Go to Nuggets forum and GTFO.

Just kidding

lol

Believe me, if I still root for the Knicks even while they suck and Gallo's team is doing fine, then I don't know what a Knicks fan is
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #366
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Some of these guys you are naming are guards, and weren't guarded by Melo.

Who? MarShon and Dunleavy?
Even if you pull them out of the list, it's not a good situation.

The key point is Melo has been awful defensively too many times.
I am sure no superstar in the league lets his direct opponent go off as many times as he does.

Let's fire D'Antoni FIRST.
Let's find someone who kicks Melo and Amar'e in their balls every time their mind goes on vacation while we are not in possession SECOND.
Let's build an at least reasonable type of offense around them THIRD.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #367
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
lol

Believe me, if I still root for the Knicks even while they suck and Gallo's team is doing fine, then I don't know what a Knicks fan is
I was just kidding,I know you're a Knicks fan.

It really hurts when you wake up at 1 am just to watch the Knicks give no effort and lose in a blowout.
Sometimes I ask myself why am I even watching this shit.
Then I figure out as much as they frustrate me I still must watch them. It's like an addiction
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #368
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Let's find someone who kicks Melo and Amar'e in their balls every time their mind goes on vacation while we are not in possession SECOND.
I wonder how this team would look like with KG instead of Amare.

Everyone would be playing lockdown defense,KG would scare the shit out of them
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #369
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Who? MarShon and Dunleavy?
Even if you pull them out of the list, it's not a good situation.

The key point is Melo has been awful defensively too many times.
I am sure no superstar in the league lets his direct opponent go off as many times as he does.

We are getting lit up by back courts a lot more than any players on the front court. The last game we played vs the Heat, Lebron shot 7/16 for 20 points. He normally shoots 55% and scores about 30 against most teams.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #370
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Shouldn't that tell you something about our coach? Every star comes hear and gets worse. Gallo left us and got better. Marbury came here and got worse. Melo regressed. Amare's been under D'Antoni damn near his whole career but he isn't nearly as aggressive as he was his rookie year in PHX. Joe Johnson got better when he left PHX.
Finally you admit that Gallinari is a star.

Quote:
21 ppg hurt your team? Playing PG because Toney Douglas is a joke hurts your team? C'mon man. Say they aren't playng to their full potential. But to blame them and completely ignore the HUGE elephants in the room (our guard play, our coaching and our defensive philosophy) is just being biased and a typical NY Knicks fan. A fan who's mentality has helped to keep a championship out of NY since before I was born!
So now it's my fault Amar'e and Carmelo are playing like gutless dogs. Good, I'll tell them.

Carmelo, playing for Mike D'antoni last year: 26+ ppg, 46+%
Amar'e, playing for Mike D'antoni last year: 25+ ppg, 50+%
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #371
Clutch
Stop flopping

THIS TEAM IS SOFT AND DISINTERESTED.

Other than Tyson and occasionally Melo we don't have anyone who won't tolerate getting bullied.
Other than Tyson,Shumpert and Jeffries there is no one on this team giving 100% every night.

THAT'S INEXCUSABLE.

I want a team with heart and pride. Sign players who fit that criteria.
And even if team like that sucks at least they will hustle and give 100% every night. They would lose because of the lack of talent,not because they are talented lazy bums who couldn't care less about trying.

If D'Antoni is fired and the team still sucks it's time to trade everyone for players like Tyson.
I want my team to show some pride even if they aren't the most talented players in the world.

TYSON
JEFFRIES
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #372
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Fields plays hard.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #373
Jasi
Quality?

Clutch, you forgot Fields. He usually plays with heart. (EDIT: lol, Scooter beat me to it).

But you are right.
That's what hurts me the most as a fan.
If this team was made out of scrubs who play hard all nights, I'd be happier than a team full of stars who look like they don't care.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #374
Clutch
Stop flopping

Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #375
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Who guarded those guys?

Wow. Talk about reaching
Kyle Korver is a SG. (Derrick Rose had 32 btw...but who's counting?)
Marshon Brooks is a SG. (Deron Williams gave Lin 38 in 3 qtrs. But who's counting)
Melo didn't play when LeBron had 31 (LeBron had 21 against Melo. Below his avg. But again....who's counting)
Gallo had a nice game...but that was also an overtime game. (I went on record as saying Melo played poor defense AS SOON as the game was over)
Rudy lit Melo up.(Also, went on record and said Melo played poor D and took Rudy for granted)
Melo was guarding Delfino when we played Milwaukee. I've watched that game twice already online on League Pass ( free hookup) (Brandon Jenning had 25 but who's....ahhh you get the point)

Now go and do the same thing with Jeremy Lin. Then come back and say, Melo is the one giving up all the points.

Quote:
So now it's my fault Amar'e and Carmelo are playing like gutless dogs. Good, I'll tell them.

Carmelo, playing for Mike D'antoni last year: 26+ ppg, 46+%
Amar'e, playing for Mike D'antoni last year: 25+ ppg, 50+%

No, but it's the star bashing fans in NY that get our stars shipped out. Then we'll be "building around Lin" wondering why he hasn't brought us to the promise land.

If those guys can play so well when they don't know Mike's system, why have they gotten worse when they do know it? It's because HE SUCKS AS A COACH!!!

Quote:
JEFFRIES
Jared Jeffries
21 minutes per game.
4 points
4 rebounds
0.8 assists
0.7 blocks (More TO's than Blocks)
Shooting a CAREER HIGH 66% from the freethrow line.

Sorry but a coach can motivate guys to play harder. A 30 year old guy isn't going to just get skills overnight.I'll take the chance with the talent any time. This isn't college basketball. You win games with talent in this league. Contrary to the bullshit Tim Legler and Jon Barry says, Dallas won their ring because of Dirk and Jason Terry hitting huge shots and Rick Carlisle coached his ass off; not because Tyson Chandler "changed the culture" on defense. It helped, but at the end of the Dallas won because their big time players made big time plays.

Quote:
I want a team with heart and pride. Sign players who fit that criteria.
And even if team like that sucks at least they will hustle and give 100% every night. They would lose because of the lack of talent,not because they are talented lazy bums who couldn't care less about trying.

This mentality is why we don't win championships. This mentality is why Pat Ewing got killed in the media but Oakley was loved. Instead of getting a coach to motivate guys, get in their faces and get the very best out of them, we'd rather trade everyone away and have a team full of bums who hustle.

Quote:
Let's find someone who kicks Melo and Amar'e in their balls every time their mind goes on vacation SECOND.
I'm all for this. I think we all pretty much agree with this except Knickballer. He seems to like D'Antoni Let's move on from here! I think we've all pretty much come to terms on what the coure of action needs to be! Now...will it happen?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: