Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #61
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,817
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
lol i hope you're are not talking about Rondo.

u think Chris Paul lead the league in steals for like 4 seasons already because he was lucky?

nobody can read passing lanes like chris paul.
Rondo led the league in steals in 2010.. and he's led the league in steals in the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years. Try again.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #62
Svendiggity
Great young streetballer
 
Svendiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 587
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
woah let me guess? you guys don't think rondo is top 3 pg because his team is losing. yet in 11 nash was better than him?

oh and wasn't chris paul struggling last year. and what seed did the hornets get last year?
yep and WE have double standards.
in 2011
Rose
Williams
Rondo
Paul/Westbrook

How is Russel Westbrook better than Steve Nash?
Svendiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #63
CelticBaller
lite kobe
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: minus the raping and chucking
Posts: 15,823
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendiggity
How is Russel Westbrook better than Steve Nash?
he was playing better and his team was wining. he also came in the clutch when durant was choking
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #64
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,186
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
woah let me guess? you guys don't think rondo is top 3 pg because his team is losing. yet in 11 nash was better than him?

oh and wasn't chris paul struggling last year. and what seed did the hornets get last year?
yep and WE have double standards.
in 2011
Rose
Williams
Rondo
Paul/Westbrook

I have Rondo over CP3 in 2010 because dude was hurt all year and Rose didnt start killing it until later of the season. To me it was Deron, Nash, and Rondo in that order.

2011 was the year when Rose powered up and Paul came back healthy. Paul wasnt to is 2008 self but he was still was able to carry his team to the playoffs in the west with a rookie coach and a weak supporting cast. We can't forget dude performance in that Lakers series.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #65
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,186
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Rondo led the league in steals in 2010.. and he's led the league in steals in the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years. Try again.

leading the league in steals for 4 years > 1 year

and when Paul topped the steals per game chart, he averaged 2.7, 2.8, 2.4, 2.8 while Rondo


Rondo led it while averaging 2.3 in 2010


I do think Rondo is a better defender but Paul is better when it comes to reading passing lanes. thats a fact.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #66
Svendiggity
Great young streetballer
 
Svendiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 587
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
he was playing better and his team was wining. he also came in the clutch when durant was choking

Steve Nash could make better basketball decisions with a blindfold on. Russel Westbrook doesn't even know what Point Guard means lol sorry.
Svendiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #67
Celtics4ever
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Pre Injury CP3 >> Current Rajon Rondo

Current Rajon Rondo >> Post Injury Cp3/Current CP3

What fulckin injury? CP3 is fine. He has been fine. He's not as good as those 2 seasons because he plays against far better point guards. The PG competition has picked up and CP3 has been left behind. People have been making excuses for CP3 for too long, first his teammates, then his so called injuries and now they say he isn't in good shape. Stop with this shlt. people need to admit that the dude is good, but not as good as hes made out to be. He was only good back in 08-09 because he had scrubs guarding him, now he goes against guys like Westrbook, Rose, Rondo, DWill etc. and he can't perform on the same level. And he hasn't improved any parts of his game since 08-09, he has the same predictable game. Seems like he lays around on his sofa all summer. He is a very smart player though with his flopping and constant complaining to the refs, he makes things go his way.

Last edited by Celtics4ever : 01-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #68
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
What fulckin injury? CP3 is fine. He has been fine. He's not as good as those 2 seasons because he plays against far better point guards. The PG competition has picked up and CP3 has been left behind. People have been making excuses for CP3 for too long, first his teammates, then his so called injuries and now they say he isn't in good shape. Stop with this shlt. people need to admit that the dude is good, but not as good as hes made out to be. He was only good back in 08-09 because he had scrubs guarding him, now he goes against guys like Westrbook, Rose, Rondo, DWill etc. and he can't perform on the same level. And he hasn't improved any parts of his game since 08-09, he has the same predictable game. Seems like he lays around on his sofa all summer. He is a very smart player though with his flopping and constant complaining to the refs, he makes things go his way.
His conditioning should be better but you're going too far. Paul is still a match for the elite PGs in the league and still one of them. Neither Clipper fans nor Celtic fans should be acting like their guy is on a different level right now.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #69
Celtics4ever
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
I have Rondo over CP3 in 2010 because dude was hurt all year and Rose didnt start killing it until later of the season. To me it was Deron, Nash, and Rondo in that order.

2011 was the year when Rose powered up and Paul came back healthy. Paul wasnt to is 2008 self but he was still was able to carry his team to the playoffs in the west with a rookie coach and a weak supporting cast. We can't forget dude performance in that Lakers series.

Shut the fuclk up you bandwagon c0clk sucker. Do you remember what Westbrook did to the lakers the year before in the playoffs? Do you remember what Rondo did to the lakers in the finals that year? Do you remember what DWill did to the lakers in the playoffs the year earlier? Do you remember what Aaron brooks did to the lakers in the playoffs?

You notice a trend here? Or are you just a dumb bandwagon jumper like you make yourself out to be? Every PG plays like Jordan against the Lakers because Lakers suck at guarding PGs. Old man Fisher can't do anything. The lakers gave the most Pts per game to the PG position than any other team.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #70
Celtics4ever
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,409
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
His conditioning should be better but you're going too far. Paul is still a match for the elite PGs in the league and still one of them. Neither Clipper fans nor Celtic fans should be acting like their guy is on a different level right now.

I'm saying what I have seen. PG competiton went up and CP3s effectiveness went down.
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #71
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
I'm saying what I have seen. PG competiton went up and CP3s effectiveness went down.
And yet his statistics this season are extremely similar to Rondo's. Their differences are .5 ppg, 1.4 apg, .7 steals, .03% from the field. Their large differences are Rondo's rebounding (Paul used to rebound at a similar rate but he's got Griffin and DJ up front), Paul is turning it over 1.6 less times per game, and Paul is a lot better from the FT line. And that's just Paul vs. Rondo. I don't see this drop in Paul's effectiveness, he's just shooting a little less. And on a team like the Clippers shouldn't he prioritize getting the scorers going? Don't disrespect what the man is doing, he's a great player. Fans of one player need to realize that it doesn't denigrate the accomplishments of their guy when someone else is praised.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #72
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!
 
rhythmic †hesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: manhattan, ny
Posts: 2,422
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Paul to me is the better scorer, shooter (by a large margin), better vision, better handles and better passing skills. Rondo is a better rebounder and defender.

I'll take Paul any day of the week, I don't need an explanation as to why. Paul literally destroyed the Lakers by himself last year while Rondo was a liability for Boston when they played LA in 10'. Yeah, I heard he improved his shot but is it really that big of an improvement that I should take into consideration?

Plus, Paul seems to passive so far this season when he came out gunning from jump street; he was clearly the best player in a Clipper uniform and the best point guard in the game (Rose is the only point that is arguably better to me).
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #73
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)
 
Yung D-Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jerry Sloan's Doghouse
Posts: 12,579
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Who knows. One things for sure though. Rondo > Westbrook now that he has a semi consistant jumper all he needs to develop is his freethrows.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #74
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,793
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Paul to me is the better scorer, shooter (by a large margin), better vision, better handles and better passing skills. Rondo is a better rebounder and defender.
Rondo is leading the league in assists with far inferior finishers at the basket. Also when it comes to elite PGs who can do anything handling the ball that someone else can't? Rondo used to do Pistol Pete fake behind the back pass every other game.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #75
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!
 
rhythmic †hesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: manhattan, ny
Posts: 2,422
Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Rondo is leading the league in assists with far inferior finishers at the basket. Also when it comes to elite PGs who can do anything handling the ball that someone else can't? Rondo used to do Pistol Pete fake behind the back pass every other game.

Eh, Paul led the league in assists playing in New Orleans.
Paul is having a slow start, he seems a overweight this season and hasn't really found his place yet.

I've watched enough Boston games and seen enough of Paul playing the game to know how has the greater impact.

If Boston had Paul from 08' they'd right now be four time defending champs, I have no doubt about that. He is simply a more well-rounded point guard. I have only seen one Boston game so far this season, so my judgement might not be as reasonable. But it's only been 11 games, and I am a reasonable enough to listen to anyone who thinks Rondo so far this season has been the better point guard and has improved his weakness (shooting) enough for this comparison to be debatable though.

Also, I never said Rondo doesn't have great court-vision or isn't a good ball-handler, I said he isn't better then Chris Paul at those aspects.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 01-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy