Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #16
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Your top 5 games of 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dont bother with LA Bore

Yea, I was pretty hyped for it before it came out. Then when it did release it I found out it wasn't quite the GTA style game the trailers made it out to be, so I never did get. I have heard good things about it mind you, and I may get it eventually, it's just not very high up in my to do list.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arkham City
Portal 2
Uncharted 3
Dead Space 2
Pixeljunk Shooter 2

I just started Skyrim. The first person thing is just too much for me. I hate the combat. But the exploration element will keep me into it I think at least for a while.

I really didn't dig LA Noir at all. Dead Island was sort of Eh. I was tempted tho throw in Ico/Shadow of the Colossas, but it's not really a 2011 game. Limbo too, which was 2011 to the PSN anyway.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 01-16-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
It's not for everybody. I enjoyed it a lot though.

What did you enjoy about it? When I first started playing I thought it was good. Enjoyed the graphics, old school detective feel. But after the 1st CD? The 2nd CD and the 3rd CD the game was just the same. Even the DLC which I purchased.

I usually like Rockstar games but this was the first I wasnt feeling. BUT I read Rockstar didnt create this game, Team Dondi did. No clue what other games they are responsible for.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
cuad
kings fan

cuad has decent reputationcuad has decent reputation

Those of you saying Crysis 2 should be ashamed of yourselves. Just sayin' cause I was very invested in Crysis 1. The franchise is dead now because of that bomb, though.

Last edited by cuad : 01-16-2012 at 10:16 AM.
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Yawn...

Yeah Skyrim is good game, but couldn't keep me interested for more than 3hours, then back to Starcraft.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Arkham City
Portal 2
Uncharted 3
Dead Space 2
Pixeljunk Shooter 2

I just started Skyrim. The first person thing is just too much for me. I hate the combat. But the exploration element will keep me into it I think at least for a while.

I really didn't dig LA Noir at all. Dead Island was sort of Eh. I was tempted tho throw in Ico/Shadow of the Colossas, but it's not really a 2011 game. Limbo too, which was 2011 to the PSN anyway.
You know you can change it out of 1st person right? Or am I missing something?

Only new games I played this year were skyrim, 2k12 and mw3. And thats the order in which I enjoyed them. Not much of a FPS fan.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

1. zelda skyward sword
2. skyrim
3. portal 2
4. super mario 3d land
5. little big planet 2

honorable mention: contre jour hd (ipad)
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What did you enjoy about it? When I first started playing I thought it was good. Enjoyed the graphics, old school detective feel. But after the 1st CD? The 2nd CD and the 3rd CD the game was just the same. Even the DLC which I purchased.

I usually like Rockstar games but this was the first I wasnt feeling. BUT I read Rockstar didnt create this game, Team Dondi did. No clue what other games they are responsible for.

The plot and characters were some of the best I've ever seen in a game. That alone was enough to keep me playing. It is slightly repetitive, but I don't know, each case at least felt like the story was progressing.

I actually finished it two times, so I guess the repetitiveness didn't bother me that much
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
You know you can change it out of 1st person right? Or am I missing something?

Only new games I played this year were skyrim, 2k12 and mw3. And thats the order in which I enjoyed them. Not much of a FPS fan.

I'll have to give that a shot. Do you know how exactly? I just started playing for a couple hours Saturday afternoon between work and the start of the playoff games. I made it out of the tunnell into the map finally. So I'm literally just beginning. I'd like to enjoy it, because there are a lot of elements to it I can already tell I'll be into, but right now 2 hours of the First Person and clumsy hack combat on top of that just makes a two hour spurt about as much as I can put into before my head starts to ache.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
I'll have to give that a shot. Do you know how exactly? I just started playing for a couple hours Saturday afternoon between work and the start of the playoff games. I made it out of the tunnell into the map finally. So I'm literally just beginning. I'd like to enjoy it, because there are a lot of elements to it I can already tell I'll be into, but right now 2 hours of the First Person and clumsy hack combat on top of that just makes a two hour spurt about as much as I can put into before my head starts to ache.

Skyrim is one of those games in which the more you play it, the better it gets. Once I reached level 10 or so I really started to enjoy it more.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Just press down on one of the toggle sticks and you move to third person.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What is little big planet really? A puzzle? I never understood that shit
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #28
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Skyrim is one of those games in which the more you play it, the better it gets. Once I reached level 10 or so I really started to enjoy it more.
I found it was the opposite. The gameplay doesn't improve the longer you play and the story is really nothing new. It's your standard medieval quest with factions fighting for control. The lack of an emotionally involving story and side characters and the brainless combat is a reason why I'm baffled as to how people can call it one of the best ever. I still thought it was great but more of a "8.5/10 great".

The more I played it, the more I thought "All these side quests really aren't making much of an impact. Screw it, time to finish the main story."
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #29
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

1. Arkham City
2. Uncharted 3
3. Modern Warfare 3
4. Skyrim
5. Portal 2

Arkham City was the most amazing game I have ever played. I was literally upset and angry when it ended, because I wanted to keep playing. Can't wait for the sequel.

Uncharted 3 is once again amazing in every way possible, but after looking at the very minimal changes from Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3 and the flawed combat system, it disappointed me a little.

Modern Warfare 3 was against the exact same Call of Duty game, but it's really addicting and is always fun. Multiplayer is definitely what CoD stands for.

For the last two, Skyrim and Portal 2, I haven't played them that much to make a final decision, but the impressions they had on me were good enough.

Overall a very solid year for gaming.

With 2012 starting up, and with GTA5 leading the way, which games will have the biggest impact?
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #30
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
With 2012 starting up, and with GTA5 leading the way, which games will have the biggest impact?

A few games come to mind. Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect 3, and Mass Effect 3.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: