Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default why would anyone want to be an NFL head coach

I recently read about how when Nick Saban was coaching the Dolphins, his wife had to barracade their home to prevent him from leaving during an oncoming hurricane. This is exactly how these guys are. They are CRAZY! You also got guys like Jon Gruden, who wake up at 3:17 every morning to go into work. On average, from what I hear, these guys work about 18 hours a day, pretty much year round. That is insane, especially if you have a family. I'm sure about 90 percent of these coaches are total deadbeat husbands and dads and can't even remember birthdays and anniversarries. It just seems like such an intense pressure cooker. I mean, you HAVE to live, eat and breathe football. You pretty much can't have any outside interests, be involved in the lives of your family, or anything like that. I mean, I like the NFL as much as the next guy, but I would go crazy if any one thing consumed my life that much. Most of these guys are probably really big, control freak *******s. I best most of them eventually have heart attacks at some point during their lives. Anyway, I just wanted to get everyones take on the subject of the insanity of being an NFL coach
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Umm MONEY$
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
9spurs
Serious playground baller

9spurs has an OK reputation so far

Fame, Money....
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they do it because it's a job. They get paid. Or they can do it to get fired twice by the same organization like Art Shell.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default re:

college coaches make a lot of money too, but it seems like it would be a far better job to have. Not as many hours, fewer egos to deal with, etc
Old 01-07-2007, 04:25 AM   #6
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
college coaches make a lot of money too, but it seems like it would be a far better job to have. Not as many hours, fewer egos to deal with, etc

huh? what about recruiting trips? I bet they put in as many hours as an NFL coach does. also, being a college coach, you're dealing with younger players so you have to be more of a father figure type than an NFL coach does.

my opinions on the original question.
#1 - money. some of these cats bring in some big bank, without really ever doing anything.
#2 - power. you're basically in charge of what, 53 players, tons of position coaches,etc.
#3. - love of the game - at least they're still involved with the sport they love.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Thats why^^^
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default re:

yeah, I get that they make a lot of money, but most of these guys just seem miserable. I understand taking your job seriously, but does a guy like Bill Parcells seem like he is enjoying what he's doing? Some coaches seem like they are having fun, but most of them just appear to be death warmed over
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: