Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #31
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Mike Brown's exhausting Kobe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt
What's the big cost? Lakers won all those 40+ Kobe games except for today's game because Fisher let CP3 have his way and the team got outrebounded.

dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #32
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
I'd say the same about you guys being so critical after a long streak of wins, yet game after game you still do it. You tell me why it happens?
Who are "you guys"? Life long Laker fans?

When the hell was I critical after wins?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #33
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
oh stfu. lakers are 3-1 in the last 4 games kobe scored 40. this ain't the 2007 season, get fcking lost.

and you think that's sustainable ?

dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #34
McBrick
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Great players also inspire their teammates. Can't understand the argument "If Kobe doesn't put on a show, it's a blowout loss. Don't exaggerate and act like the Lakers have a shitty team. Also reason for his teammates sucking at the moment might just be about his one-man shows? I wouldn't wanna play with a guy that takes every shot on my team, surely that demotivates.
McBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #35
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

5 rings.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #36
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks3
5 rings.

All won playing within the team concept, atleast more than he is now. Everytime he's tried to do it on his own he's lost. Keep in mind his finals performances are fairly mediocre if you look at the averages, meaning at the very least, he's laid an egg to negate every good game he's had on that stage and someone else had to step in and save his butt. Don't get me wrong he's the Lakers main guy but he's playing the wrong way for team success, albeit the right way for personal success.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #37
RazorBaLade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
All won playing within the team concept, atleast more than he is now. Everytime he's tried to do it on his own he's lost. Keep in mind his finals performances are fairly mediocre if you look at the averages, meaning at the very least, he's laid an egg to negate every good game he's had on that stage and someone else had to step in and save his butt. Don't get me wrong he's the Lakers main guy but he's playing the wrong way for team success, albeit the right way for personal success.

would he be a team player if he helped pau learn how to outrebound people that are 6'7 and then also possessed paus body for shots so he can do better than 7/17?

u guys realize this game was winnable if the other guys played how they usually do right? Barnes deserved about 4 fts more than he got, thats 3 pts, bynum missed 3 fts lets say thats 2 more pts, 5 pts total and then pau going 10-17 which was VERY easy because he had open shots all day... thats 11 pts. Eleven. Not even counting the momentum and everything else that would happen if they weren't awful the whole game.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #38
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

WHAT ARE YOU SO HAPPY ABOUT!!! THEY FCKING LOST!!!!

But he got 40 for the 4th time in a row. It's kind of a big deal. 5 years from now nobody will really care about who won this game. But they will remember all the 40 point games Kobe had.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #39
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
would he be a team player if he helped pau learn how to outrebound people that are 6'7 and then also possessed paus body for shots so he can do better than 7/17?

u guys realize this game was winnable if the other guys played how they usually do right? Barnes deserved about 4 fts more than he got, thats 3 pts, bynum missed 3 fts lets say thats 2 more pts, 5 pts total and then pau going 10-17 which was VERY easy because he had open shots all day... thats 11 pts. Eleven. Not even counting the momentum and everything else that would happen if they weren't awful the whole game.

Pau goes 7-17 shooting jumpers on plays not even run for him. Kobe gets plays run for him all night long to get shots in his sweet spots. How about we give opportunities like that to Pau and Bynum so they get better looks?

As far as rebounding goes, sure he could have tried harder. Maybe he was just tired because it's the second night of a back to back. Or maybe he was just saying to himself... well this guy wants to do it all by himself so I'll just chill and let him.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #40
RazorBaLade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Pau goes 7-17 shooting jumpers on plays not even run for him. Kobe gets plays run for him all night long to get shots in his sweet spots. How about we give opportunities like that to Pau and Bynum so they get better looks?

As far as rebounding goes, sure he could have tried harder. Maybe he was just tired because it's the second night of a back to back. Or maybe he was just saying to himself... well this guy wants to do it all by himself so I'll just chill and let him.

pau got the ball exactly where he likes it... the open 15 ft j is his bread and butter and i also remember multiple plays back to the basket shots over 6'8 or w/e evans... he had plenty of post opportunities and then plenty of open 15 ft jumpers which he usually makes in his sleep. Running a play for a person does not guarantee a bucket, if not running plays gets him open 15 fters then hell, lets keep that up.

Reggie evans once called Pau a she. I bet he didn't stop during this game. Based off knowing Pau for a few years now, let me take a WILD guess here. As soon as that short scrub came out , he pushed pau around a few times in the post and got in Pau's head. Pau is one big softy, and of course it led to terrible rebounding effort and then ultimately poor shooting on open shots. Bynum can't play against anyone with toughness either because if he can't shaq his way to a layup he's useless.

For what its worth, if pau dislikes kobe then I don't think he would have apologized to kobe profusely (lakers announcers words) after he had the turnover and the missed easy shot late in the game.

Tl;dr I truly believe pau got shots in his sweet spot tonight. If he didn't; stop shooting "bad shots" so much please.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #41
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

Kobe got the Lakers back in the game in the 2nd half, but CP3 also played well and led the Clippers to a win. That's what happened. In no way is Kobe responsible fro the Lakers losing tonight. He played good tonight and anyone that doesn't see that is blind.
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Seriously now, did anyone expect anything different from Mike Brown? His record speaks for itself... he lets the superstar do whatever he wants.
When it come to tactical subbing and calling plays that don't involve Kobe doing whatever he wants is where you are going to see the Lakers falter (ie. the playoffs).
Have a fun regular season guys, you are gonna hate your coach come the playoffs.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #43
pauk
NBA Legend

just replace #23 with #24

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #44
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

As much as i love Kobe i hate him shooting that much. Come playoff time the man will be dead for.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #45
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster24
Kobe got the Lakers back in the game in the 2nd half, but CP3 also played well and led the Clippers to a win. That's what happened. In no way is Kobe responsible fro the Lakers losing tonight. He played good tonight and anyone that doesn't see that is blind.
How fukking stupid are you?

NOBODY IS BLAMING KOBE FOR THE LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're talking about the idiot Kobetards who are celebrating a loss as if Kobe just single handedly won a championship
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: