Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default I'm not saying....I'm just saying....

When I play ball, I hustle and play hard...I have a decent shot and handles. But when I'm playing my ass off and I'm not getting any shots and someone else is jacking it up - even though he is the best on the floor - it gets annoying as fck.

And btw, I've been a laker fan for over 20 years.

Like I said, I'm not saying...I'm just saying....
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #2
I.R.Beast

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: I'm not saying....I'm just saying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
When I play ball, I hustle and play hard...I have a decent shot and handles. But when I'm playing my ass off and I'm not getting any shots and someone else is jacking it up - even though he is the best on the floor - it gets annoying as fck.

im just like you...except i dont care about whether or not i get shots....i just want to win...if one guy is nailing Js etc all game long then i dont care how many balls he shoots as long as he keeps scoring.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Me too
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

who is the one not getting enough shots?

barnes 1-6
gasol 7-17
bynum 6-13

u dont think those are their shot amounts?

do u want morris taking 10 jumpers a game?
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm just saying you are f**king idiot. Who's not getting any shots? Pau and Bynum get plenty of shots. It's our bench that worth shit. We are also not getting enough from the PG and SF on offense. Defense seems to be on the right track. LA's problem this year is not because of Kobe supposedly "chucking".
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
Phong
Decent college freshman

Phong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputation

Which Lakers has good handles, played hard and hustled?
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 is considered somewhat coolJacks3 is considered somewhat cool

Bynum is getting more FGA than any center in the league despite the fact that his TS% is a pedestrian 53%. Pau is getting plenty of touches and as much FGA as he got when he was the #1 option. Both of them are getting plenty of touches. I'll never understand the fascination of blaming Kobe even as he continues to be by far the best player on the court. Besides, the Lakers have won 9/12 and have a top 4 defense in the league. Their effort level and hustle has been excellent all year. People act like this is some 7th/8th seed caliber team.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
therammingman

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
I'm just saying you are f**king idiot. Who's not getting any shots? Pau and Bynum get plenty of shots. It's our bench that worth shit. We are also not getting enough from the PG and SF on offense. Defense seems to be on the right track. LA's problem this year is not because of Kobe supposedly "chucking".

kobe takes as many shots as pau and drew combined per game...and both those guys shoot over 53%.

kobe is taking by far the 2nd most fga per game in his career....the only one higher being the year he avg 35ppg because he had NOBODY around him.

How are drew and pau supposed to come through in the clutch and get kobe's "trust" when they barely see the ball down the stretch? You can't freeze them out and then expect them to do their thing on queue
Old 01-15-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
Phong
Decent college freshman

Phong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputationPhong has a terrific reputation

You don't think the game was lost on the glass? Pau and Andrew hustled and played hard giving away 7 offensive board in the 1st quarter alone?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #10
therammingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
You don't think the game was lost on the glass? Pau and Andrew hustled and played hard giving away 7 offensive board in the 1st quarter alone?

i'm not talking about tonight....and i'm not just bringing it up b/c they lost tonight either...

tonight was the glass yes.

kobe is amazing. but dude needs to pull it back a little b/c going for 40 isn't gonna work long-term, in the playoffs, or against quality teams, IMO.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
i'm not talking about tonight....and i'm not just bringing it up b/c they lost tonight either...

kobe is amazing. but dude needs to pull it back a little b/c going for 40 isn't gonna work long-term, in the playoffs, or against quality teams, IMO.

but in general you said kobe shooting as much as pau and bynum together doesnt work.

so how do u ideally want it ? Pau and bynum shooting more than kobe means THEY need more shots, not the other scrubs.. I doubt u want barnes taking 14 shots. So what is your ideal statline? Every time pau shoots over 15 I'm pretty sure he shoots like 40%
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #12
Phong
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Have you watched the previous games? Because Pau and Andrew have been playing lethargic the past week and Kobe had to go chucking mode to keep the team afloat. When Bynum has been the #1 option he can't handle the defense focusing on him, same for Gasol today when he was the leader of the second unit in the 2QT.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #13
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
kobe takes as many shots as pau and drew combined per game...and both those guys shoot over 53%.

kobe is taking by far the 2nd most fga per game in his career....the only one higher being the year he avg 35ppg because he had NOBODY around him.

How are drew and pau supposed to come through in the clutch and get kobe's "trust" when they barely see the ball down the stretch? You can't freeze them out and then expect them to do their thing on queue

Do you think our bigs would continue to shoot over 53%(which isn't mind blowing) if they got the ball that much more? Teams adjust to what you are doing and you have to be able mix your offense up. The current Lakers aren't as good as the back to back championship teams but Kobe's not the reason. There are a lot of fans and people in the press that are in a hurry to find fault with Kobe. When he plays well they look foolish and then their fangs come out. It's sad.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #14
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pau isn't aggressive and Drew can't handle doubles. No one else is any kind of a scorer.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
therammingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
but in general you said kobe shooting as much as pau and bynum together doesnt work.

so how do u ideally want it ? Pau and bynum shooting more than kobe means THEY need more shots, not the other scrubs.. I doubt u want barnes taking 14 shots. So what is your ideal statline? Every time pau shoots over 15 I'm pretty sure he shoots like 40%

i'm not gonna pretend like I know the perfect distribution....

I just know that when I'm watching games there are seemingly obvious times when kobe should pass the ball instead of taking the shot because there is a higher % shot available (although I wouldn't give it to artest for even an open layup).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: