Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Kobe Bryant has Regained his Position as the Best Player in the League

Like most of you, I had my doubts at the beginning of the season. How was this guy going to bounce back from a mediocre 25ppg season which saw him and the Lakers get bounced in the 2nd round, his knee and finger issues, the torn ligament on his shooting hand, the divorce with his wife of 10 years, and departure of Phil Jackson, Lamar Odom and the triangle offense system.

But low and behold, the mamba is back in full fledged legacy mode. To quote Gilbert Arenas from 06-07, this guy is shooting and making shots over guys like they aren't there. He currently has 4 straight 40+ games, I believe this is the most since his 02-03 season. Let me remind you folks that that was almost 10 years ago. What's incredible is his game continues to look more refined each year. In his 16th season in the NBA, the hunger and killer instinct in this one looks as strong as ever. I can now see why all of these problems aren't discouraging him, this guy truly loves the game and wants to prove to everyone that he's still the best. That's something we should all respect.

Thoughts?
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputationILLsmak has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Bryant has Regained his Position as the Best Player in the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Like most of you, I had my doubts at the beginning of the season. How was this guy going to bounce back from a mediocre 25ppg season which saw him and the Lakers get bounced in the 2nd round, his knee and finger issues, the torn ligament on his shooting hand, the divorce with his wife of 10 years, and departure of Phil Jackson, Lamar Odom and the triangle offense system.

But low and behold, the mamba is back in full fledged legacy mode. To quote Gilbert Arenas from 06-07, this guy is shooting and making shots over guys like they aren't there. He currently has 4 straight 40+ games, I believe this is the most since his 02-03 season. Let me remind you folks that that was almost 10 years ago. What's incredible is his game continues to look more refined each year. In his 16th season in the NBA, the hunger and killer instinct in this one looks as strong as ever. I can now see why all of these problems aren't discouraging him, this guy truly loves the game and wants to prove to everyone that he's still the best. That's something we should all respect.

Thoughts?

Nah Kobe is still Kobe...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
itsGameTime
High School Starter

itsGameTime has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kobe Bryant has Regained his Position as the Best Player in the League

People easily forget but Kobe was playing brilliant ball at the beginning of the season before the all star break. Those knee problems really bothered him after the all star break last season and brought his averages down, but I always knew what he was capable of and he's reminding us all this season. It's exciting to watch to say the least.
itsGameTime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: