Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Game Thread and Discussion for the AFC and NFC Championship Game

My Superbowl prediction....

Giants-Ravens.

Book it.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Game Thread and Discussion for the AFC and NFC Championship Game

For the past 18 years... Pittsburgh or New England usually finds a way to make an appearance (13 out of 18)

I hope this trend doesn't continue much longer...
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler

For the past 18 years... Pittsburgh or New England usually finds a way to make an appearance (13 out of 18)

I hope this trend doesn't continue much longer...

Which is why the whole parity thing in football is a farce and completely contrived.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

49ers 24 Giants 21
New England 28 Baltimore 17

It will be a San Fran - New England Superbowl
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
49ers 24 Giants 21
New England 28 Baltimore 17

It will be a San Fran - New England Superbowl
i could see san fran beating the giants but i dont know if i can see the 49ers scoring more than the giants gave up to any of their previous 4 teams they faced.

Giants 23 49ers 19

Ravens 27 Patriots 24
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got the divisional round all correctly...let's how the conference games turn out.

Giants 24 - Niners 20
Ravens 27 - Patriots 34

I wouldn't be shock if Niners and Ravens win though. Niners use enough Gore they could win, Ravens run like they did two playoffs ago they could win.

Last edited by DMV2 : 01-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I got the Giants and Raven's playing each other in the SB.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Giants & Pats, Pats winning it all. Book it.
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I honestly think my Giants can win the Niner game. It's by NO means an easy game, it's going to be a tight game, but i think we match up well with them on defense which will mean our offense won't have to do as much (which it won't with that great SF defense).

As good as Smith was, he still didn't throw deep, which means we can rush four, not blitz, and play the safeties up. The Saints had to blitz, so when the 49ers got behind the coverage, they were gone. We don't need to. We very rarely do.

I think that will be enough for a 21-20 type of win.

i'm honestly more scared of the 49ers than either the Pats or Ravens.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I honestly think my Giants can win the Niner game. It's by NO means an easy game, it's going to be a tight game, but i think we match up well with them on defense which will mean our offense won't have to do as much (which it won't with that great SF defense).

As good as Smith was, he still didn't throw deep, which means we can rush four, not blitz, and play the safeties up. The Saints had to blitz, so when the 49ers got behind the coverage, they were gone. We don't need to. We very rarely do.

I think that will be enough for a 21-20 type of win.

i'm honestly more scared of the 49ers than either the Pats or Ravens.

IMO the game depends on the turnover battle. I think Eli had a few int's last time the Niners played. If the Giants can limit their turnovers then they have a good shot. Game could go either way. I wouldn't put my money on this game.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Niners-Ravens

This could be worse than the LSU-Alabama game
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
IMO the game depends on the turnover battle. I think Eli had a few int's last time the Niners played. If the Giants can limit their turnovers then they have a good shot. Game could go either way. I wouldn't put my money on this game.
the giants were still in good position to win that game... or at least tie it up and send it into OT. luigi manningham had a big drop that would have tied it. plus eli was at the 49ers 10 knockin on the door for the tie. i'm sure neither of these teams are gonna sleep on the other. besides their 9-7 reg season record, the giants and 49ers both belong here.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Agreed, and I think the Giants are going to be in the drivers seat because of that. If the Giants pretty much don't make as many mistakes as the Saints did then the Giants should win.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

The fact that Bradshaw didn't play the first game, and Gore basically didn't (6 carries, 0 yards before leaving early w/ an injury), and now they will play close to being 100% healthy could make this game totally different from the first time around.

Not going to lie, for some reason, I would have rather had my niners go to GB. Rhythm offenses are unstoppable when they're on point, but tough defenses always seem to be able to knock them off their game just enough to beat them. The Giants, on the other hand, are much more versatile, and their swagger is on a million right now. I'm sure Cruz remembers Carlos salsa dancin' on him last time around.

Eli needs to be in the huddle in the 4th screaming to his lineman, where the F&*K is 99???!?!

Damn, can't wait.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #15
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man

Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far

I got the Ravens - 49ers.

But the NFC game can go either way.
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: