Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Game Thread and Discussion for the AFC and NFC Championship Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
49ers 24 Giants 21
New England 28 Baltimore 17

It will be a San Fran - New England Superbowl
I hope so

NE 31 BAL 21(I see NE coasting pretty much)

SF - NYG going to be very close, I will pick NYG but I want SF to win badly

NYG 27 SF 20
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #17
kidachi

I hope it's a Giants-Patriots rematch.. BIG BLUE!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Supposed to be raining in SF on Sunday. Will make it more epic if we get a weather game.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Supposed to be raining in SF on Sunday. Will make it more epic if we get a weather game.

A benefit to the Niners? Tho gore's fumbling tendacies could be an issue.

PS I like the fact the giants are overconfident.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I hope so

NE 31 BAL 21(I see NE coasting pretty much)

SF - NYG going to be very close, I will pick NYG but I want SF to win badly

NYG 27 SF 20

Yea. I think the 49ers are too physical for the Giants which the Giants seemed to have beat up on their opponents this postseason but they won't beat up on the 49ers...

The key as it is for every other team playing against NY is to stop that pass rush. 49ers have shown this year when they can't stop the pass rush we get beat(see Dallas, Baltimore and Arizona games). If we stop that pass rush we'll win and I'm confident in the o-line(staley is great)

I also think Delanie Walker is going to play, if so it's huge. We need all the weapons we can get for the passing game and it will take pressure off of Davis and help out the short-mid passing game. One of the receivers need to step up, Crabtree played like shit, Ginn has 0 football IQ at WR, Williams is young/raw, Swain is just a filler, etc..

It's going to be a good game
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer

If it's muddy it can be huge for the Niners and slow down the receivers route patterns. I'm sure Cruz in the slot will be slowed down by the muddy field
Old 01-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

Have they said something that makes them sound overconfident? THeir fanbase, yeah, they are a bit delusional. But the players have said almost nothing.

The only thing with a muddy track is that if it's not impossible sometimes it helps you on offense because the offensive guy knows where he is moving, while the defensive player does not. For LB's, etc. it is not as bad but for corners at times it sucks.

Bring on epic levels of wind and rain. Yes, it will hurt Eli throwing but I've seen Alex Smith beyond 15 yds, within 15 yards, he looks great. Throws bullets. After 20 yards or so, it floats like a punt. Giants can play the entire defense up at the line if the weather is that bad.

and in case this sounds like i think we are going to kill the niners, no no no no no. I fully expect a very close game. Epic and close.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #23
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Have they said something that makes them sound overconfident? THeir fanbase, yeah, they are a bit delusional. But the players have said almost nothing.

The only thing with a muddy track is that if it's not impossible sometimes it helps you on offense because the offensive guy knows where he is moving, while the defensive player does not. For LB's, etc. it is not as bad but for corners at times it sucks.

Bring on epic levels of wind and rain. Yes, it will hurt Eli throwing but I've seen Alex Smith beyond 15 yds, within 15 yards, he looks great. Throws bullets. After 20 yards or so, it floats like a punt. Giants can play the entire defense up at the line if the weather is that bad.

and in case this sounds like i think we are going to kill the niners, no no no no no. I fully expect a very close game. Epic and close.

Boley and a few other players have basically guarnteed wins. Not major trash talking but they come off as extremely confident which may be a good thing. I prefer the underdog role and the whole we get norespect attitude. Game will be close and a blast to watch.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Yea. I think the 49ers are too physical for the Giants which the Giants seemed to have beat up on their opponents this postseason but they won't beat up on the 49ers...

The key as it is for every other team playing against NY is to stop that pass rush. 49ers have shown this year when they can't stop the pass rush we get beat(see Dallas, Baltimore and Arizona games). If we stop that pass rush we'll win and I'm confident in the o-line(staley is great)

I also think Delanie Walker is going to play, if so it's huge. We need all the weapons we can get for the passing game and it will take pressure off of Davis and help out the short-mid passing game. One of the receivers need to step up, Crabtree played like shit, Ginn has 0 football IQ at WR, Williams is young/raw, Swain is just a filler, etc..

It's going to be a good game
I agree that is a huge key to scoring on NYG, but I have incredible confidence that Harbaugh and his staff will scheme ways around it.

I'm more concerned about stopping Eli and that passing game, I know NYG won't be able to move it on the ground at all but how can Nicks, Cruz, Mario, Ballard and even Bradshaw in the flats be covered?

I thought SF played the perfect game to beat NO. Can they pull it off again? Granted as good as the NYG offense is, it's not as good as NO.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

New England has not beaten any team that finished the season with a winning record.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Boley and a few other players have basically guarnteed wins. Not major trash talking but they come off as extremely confident which may be a good thing. I prefer the underdog role and the whole we get norespect attitude. Game will be close and a blast to watch.
Eh, i heard it, nothing sounded different than the last few weeks. Innocent stuff that will be played up. It's not as if we prayed for the 49ers to win so we could play them or anything like that.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

So after watching Smith play 1-2 games all of a sudden you think you can analyze him? Smith doesn't take shots deep because they have no deep threats.. Who's the deep threat on the niners? The only throw he has trouble doing is deep passes to the sidelines as he tries to make that perfect pass as he knows his receivers aren't going to come down with it.

Let the Giants play on the line, Smith will just torch them again. Didn't they learn after the 1st game that Smith is more than just a game manager?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #28
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Alex doesn't have the arm strength to throw the deep ball to say, a Mike Wallace but that doesn't matter in this offense we don't have a Mike Wallace lol. Crabtree is a short and intermediate great possession WR. Vernon Davis same thing, short intermediate. There is no deep threat on this team so its irrelevent to bring up that Alex can't throw the deep ball well. The offensive scheme Harbaugh has in place is perfect with Alex and there are a number of ways SF can get around teams stacking the line against them as they have done so all year. Not worried at all about that, a big key for me is getting to Eli with Aldon and Justin and company if we allow Eli time he's going to pick apart the secondary (not a bad secondary at all, but the NYG WRs are great).
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
So after watching Smith play 1-2 games all of a sudden you think you can analyze him? Smith doesn't take shots deep because they have no deep threats.. Who's the deep threat on the niners? The only throw he has trouble doing is deep passes to the sidelines as he tries to make that perfect pass as he knows his receivers aren't going to come down with it.

Let the Giants play on the line, Smith will just torch them again. Didn't they learn after the 1st game that Smith is more than just a game manager?
He doesn't have good arm strength to throw balls real deep. If the wind is heavy he's not going to be able to fire passes through it deep down the field. Are you saying he can? are we not discussing the game with the conditions being very bad?

And i get Smith has been good, i saw him torch the Saints, but his passes over 20 yards look like punts, sorry. I've seen him play at least 6 times this year, maybe only those six games he threw those big floaty passes and the other time he did not.

People are ridiculous. Is Smith perfect? I point out what he can't do and you get all pissy. Smith is not a top ten QB in this league, if he is it's borderline. Eli is a better QB and he is not perfect. Smith is? because i guarantee any deficiency i point out, you will say its not true.

Eli can fire the ball down so you need to play safeties deeper. Smith cannot so you don't. To me you arguing this is like me getting pissed if you said the Niners running game is better. ,NO ITS NOT! WAIT TILL WE RUN ALL OVER YOU!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #30
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
He doesn't have good arm strength to throw balls real deep. If the wind is heavy he's not going to be able to fire passes through it deep down the field. Are you saying he can? are we not discussing the game with the conditions being very bad?

And i get Smith has been good, i saw him torch the Saints, but his passes over 20 yards look like punts, sorry. I've seen him play at least 6 times this year, maybe only those six games he threw those big floaty passes and the other time he did not.

People are ridiculous. Is Smith perfect? I point out what he can't do and you get all pissy. Smith is not a top ten QB in this league, if he is it's borderline. Eli is a better QB and he is not perfect. Smith is? because i guarantee any deficiency i point out, you will say its not true.

Eli can fire the ball down so you need to play safeties deeper. Smith cannot so you don't. To me you arguing this is like me getting pissed if you said the Niners running game is better. ,NO ITS NOT! WAIT TILL WE RUN ALL OVER YOU!

Eli is a better QB then Smith. I think Eli is a top 3-4 QB(I got bashed on in October/November by claiming he was the 4th best QB)

The "punts" you saw from the New Orleans game was from Ginn running the wrong route and setting a pick for Crabtree instead. In that same game he placed a beautifully 30-40 yard pass to sideline over the defender and straight in Davis hands, and this was off his back foot.

I hope the Giants come out and think they can beat the Niners by pressing and stacking the box.. Smith will torch them with whomever.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: