Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Thread and Discussion for the AFC and NFC Championship Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Eli is a better QB then Smith. I think Eli is a top 3-4 QB(I got bashed on in October/November by claiming he was the 4th best QB)

The "punts" you saw from the New Orleans game was from Ginn running the wrong route and setting a pick for Crabtree instead. In that same game he placed a beautifully 30-40 yard pass to sideline over the defender and straight in Davis hands, and this was off his back foot.

I hope the Giants come out and think they can beat the Niners by pressing and stacking the box.. Smith will torch them with whomever.
again, you started this discussion by saying the weather would be very bad, and i said i don't think he could throw through the very bad weather (with you basically implying Eli could not). so sorry to offend you...

and i don't take back that smith doesn't have a strong arm, he does not. Every QB has their good and bad points, arm strength is not one of Smith's, you are not being honest if you think that is the case, and giving one example where he threw a long pass is not being fair.

if the weather is horrid my point was just that its not just an eli problem, its a smith problem too, for different reasons.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #32
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
again, you started this discussion by saying the weather would be very bad, and i said i don't think he could throw through the very bad weather (with you basically implying Eli could not). so sorry to offend you...

and i don't take back that smith doesn't have a strong arm, he does not. Every QB has their good and bad points, arm strength is not one of Smith's, you are not being honest if you think that is the case, and giving one example where he threw a long pass is not being fair.

if the weather is horrid my point was just that its not just an eli problem, its a smith problem too, for different reasons.

I think it's going to hurt the Giants more as it will hurt the receivers route running and ability to make sharp cuts. I think it can hurt a player like Cruz the most who thrives off of sharp and quick cuts the most. Although it hurts the niners as well Niners aren't a deep passing team\

Smith doesn't have the strongest arms but it definitely isn't weak.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #33
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My thoughts on Tuesday
1) i think the giants and 49ers are getting very disrespected. We are the afterthought game. This is what i hear...um, if i HAVE to pick this game, i pick 49ers because they are home. NOW HOW ABOUT BRADY vs. FLACCO
2) A lot of people are picking the 49ers. I fully expect to hear how no one thinks they can win and are being disrepsected later in the week but they sure as hell are not so far.
3) The field is getting too much play. If we cannot play in mud then we should not show up for the game. This is the NFC, not the sissy AFC. Mud does not scare us. (Insert Rain in same sentence. And Wind. The Giants play in a freaking wind tunnel at times, yet this week we cannot handle wind for some reason.)
4) if the 49ers and Ravens win, it will basically be a Super Bowl that will define a QB's career. It will make me sick since my Giants are not there, but it will be intriging.
5) People never give credit. How much have we heard this week about what Houston, Green Bay and NO did wrong to cause them to lose? Not what the other teams did to win, it's what they did to lose. The Giants totally lucked into that ass kicking of GB.

That's all i see so far...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

People should root for the Pats if for no other reason than so that poor Terrell Suggs can stop pretending that he thinks Joe Flacco is a great QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
New England has not beaten any team that finished the season with a winning record.
True, but that's only two games. Not the Pats' fault that the Jets, Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles fell short. In fact I think most if not all of those teams and Denver as well would have had a winning record if they weren't beat by NE.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
True, but that's only two games. Not the Pats' fault that the Jets, Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles fell short. In fact I think most if not all of those teams and Denver as well would have had a winning record if they weren't beat by NE.

Stop
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Stop
What? It's true.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #37
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
People should root for the Pats if for no other reason than so that poor Terrell Suggs can stop pretending that he thinks Joe Flacco is a great QB.

I'll be rooting for the Pats regardless. I do enjoy watching them play and I dislike the Ravens. But another side of me wants the Ravens to win because if the Niners do beat the Giants, the Ravens are a better matchup.

@ Niko

I was listening to ESPN yesterday and they kept talking about the GIants "swag." The general consensus was the Niners were a good team but the Giants were the better team and was on a hot streak.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What? It's true.

Eagles beat NE who is to say they lose a game that was won? If all those teams beat NE to have a winning record? NE is 8-8. Do they even make the playoffs? Whats true is NE hasnt beaten a team with a winning record. Period. Enough of the spin.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Eagles beat NE who is to say they lose a game that was won? If all those teams beat NE to have a winning record? NE is 8-8. Do they even make the playoffs? Whats true is NE hasnt beaten a team with a winning record. Period. Enough of the spin.
You're just going to have to stay mad because my point stands. People want to talk about the Pats not beating a winning team, fine, then I'll just point out the reality. There were only two games with teams that were over .500. Get mad about it.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
You're just going to have to stay mad because my point stands. People want to talk about the Pats not beating a winning team, fine, then I'll just point out the reality. There were only two games with teams that were over .500. Get mad about it.

Thats where it should end with you and that was my point. Like I said STOP!

I'm not mad. I'd like you to acknowledge what was said and not spin it with "Well if those teams beat NE they'd have a winning record" crap. You ARE what your record says you are. Thats the reality. The Eagles didnt have a winning record. So now you turn your attention to those teams without winning record and become Skip Baseless with the bait "Well reality says your team wasnt a winning one. Ha, now get mad.".
Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #41
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If those teams beat NE, then NE still wouldn't have beaten any teams with a winning record. They would just have more losses vs winning teams.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Thats where it should end with you and that was my point. Like I said STOP!

I'm not mad. I'd like you to acknowledge what was said and not spin it with "Well if those teams beat NE they'd have a winning record" crap. You ARE what your record says you are. Thats the reality. The Eagles didnt have a winning record. So now you turn your attention to those teams without winning record and become Skip Baseless with the bait "Well reality says your team wasnt a winning one. Ha, now get mad.".
Pats record says 13-3, playing for a spot in the Superbowl. You'll just have to be upset because I don't view your issues as being important. This is petty.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #43
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I'll be rooting for the Pats regardless. I do enjoy watching them play and I dislike the Ravens. But another side of me wants the Ravens to win because if the Niners do beat the Giants, the Ravens are a better matchup.

@ Niko

I was listening to ESPN yesterday and they kept talking about the GIants "swag." The general consensus was the Niners were a good team but the Giants were the better team and was on a hot streak.

Every expert who came on this morning on Mike and Mike and on Sportscenter picked the Niners. One by one. And in 3 seconds as to not take valuable time that could be spent discussing if Flacco sucked or not. This is exactly what i mean. They are picking against the Giants but i fully expect people (like you) to say the 49ers are these poor disrespected underdogs. The only people i saw take the Giants are the northeast guys (which you would expect, i'd expect california guys to take the 49ers. Everyone picks the team they see every day.)

You totally proved my point. I've heard the Giants talk, and it's all pretty much the same. We think we will win. Not, the 49ers suck, not we guarantee victory, not discussing Super Bowl. Nothing to be honest that sounds as bad as "i prayed for the Giants to win" like Davis said, which does not bother me but i am sure the giants innocuous comments will be construed as trash talk and Davis as just "being truthful".

In truth, anyone on either the 49ers or Giants who didn't want to see the other team is lying, the Packers on a given day are better than we could be, and the Saints beat us so badly it's not even funny.

Last edited by niko : 01-18-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Every expert who came on this morning on Mike and Mike and on Sportscenter picked the Niners. One by one. And in 3 seconds as to not take valuable time that could be spent discussing if Flacco sucked or not. This is exactly what i mean. They are picking against the Giants but i fully expect people (like you) to say the 49ers are these poor disrespected underdogs. The only people i saw take the Giants are the northeast guys (which you would expect, i'd expect california guys to take the 49ers. Everyone picks the team they see every day.)

You totally proved my point.
I've heard analysts pick both teams. Personally I don't have a pick, a week ago I'd have said NY but Smith showed some clutchness we haven't seen from him before.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Pats record says 13-3, playing for a spot in the Superbowl. You'll just have to be upset because I don't view your issues as being important. This is petty.

No petty is you not being able to leave a comment alone without going off in this fantasy land "If those teams..."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: