Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Championship Weekend

Niners have opened up as 3 point favorites vs the Giants and NE is favored by 7.5 against Balt.

I think the line in NE/BAL will drop a little after it gets milked. If you like Balt that .5 is a gift. Niners vs Giants is spot on.

It's really hard to beat a team twice in the NFL but the Niners are pretty insane at home. Eli is on fire but SF's defense will make their offense one dimensional, something no defense has been able to do. Similarly to the Saints game, if the Niners can score more than 24 they'll have a great shot to win the game.

Based on this weekend one would think NE rolls on Balt but I remember what happened last time they met in the playoffs.

How do you see things shaking up and what do you think about the lines?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Championship Weekend

7.5 seems high. Baltimore has a great defense and will be extra motivated seeing as how they have been so close, so many times before.

Plus they know how to play Brady and company. They've won in that stadium in the playoffs before.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Niners have opened up as 3 point favorites vs the Giants and NE is favored by 7.5 against Balt.

I think the line in NE/BAL will drop a little after it gets milked. If you like Balt that .5 is a gift. Niners vs Giants is spot on.

It's really hard to beat a team twice in the NFL but the Niners are pretty insane at home. Eli is on fire but SF's defense will make their offense one dimensional, something no defense has been able to do. Similarly to the Saints game, if the Niners can score more than 24 they'll have a great shot to win the game.

Based on this weekend one would think NE rolls on Balt but I remember what happened last time they met in the playoffs.

How do you see things shaking up and what do you think about the lines?
we've been one dimensional on offense a vast majority of our games. not sure what you are talking about. we were fairly one dimensional today.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

7.5 does seem a bit high for betting. i don't see Flacco being able to put up 30 points in the playoffs, and I don't see Baltimore being able to hold these Pats to under 30. Over the last half of the season Brady and his receivers looked as good as I've ever seen them. Welker, Gronkowski, or Hernandez.. Its hard to shut them all down.

Well there was the one hiccup against miami where they had a scoreless first half, then exploded for 27 in the second half.

Prediction: Patriots 34 - Ravens 24

Ray Rice having a record setting game is the wild card.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
we've been one dimensional on offense a vast majority of our games. not sure what you are talking about. we were fairly one dimensional today.
When I say one dimensional I'm talking about completely shutting down the Giants ground game. They've rushed for over 250 yards as a team the last two weeks, both being road games. That's not great but it's good, they were also running the ball well the last month of the season and subsequently played well.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

I know either way, 2 of the 4 matchups will lead to two weeks of nausea inducing media coverage.

Ravens vs 49ers would be 2 weeks of human interest stories on the Harbaugh family and how unlikely and how they've overcome all the rararablahblahhlah.

Giants vs Pats would be two weeks of "OH WILL BRADY GET REVENGE FOR 07!" and "WILL IT BE A REPEAT?!?" aheh34hahahahablahlabalhlablahl
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I know either way, 2 of the 4 matchups will lead to two weeks of nausea inducing media coverage.

Ravens vs 49ers would be 2 weeks of human interest stories on the Harbaugh family and how unlikely and how they've overcome all the rararablahblahhlah.

Giants vs Pats would be two weeks of "OH WILL BRADY GET REVENGE FOR 07!" and "WILL IT BE A REPEAT?!?" aheh34hahahahablahlabalhlablahl
thats fine, it would be better than the nausea that rex ryan would create if he were to ever be in that situation. that dude is a single man highlight reel for the media.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whoa 7.5 seems pretty steep. I guess NE has been rollin lately and it's at home but damn.

It's tough to beat the same team twice. But what's interesting is that both teams have changed a bit for the SF/NYG game. I do like SF in this matchup but... NYG have looked impressive as of late. It'll be close again I think.

Fun stuff on both sides, we have a good Championship Weekend upcoming I'm excited.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #9
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like New England for sure over BAL. The NYG SF game I want SF to win obviously but, I have no lean either way, completely a toss up game to me.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
When I say one dimensional I'm talking about completely shutting down the Giants ground game. They've rushed for over 250 yards as a team the last two weeks, both being road games. That's not great but it's good, they were also running the ball well the last month of the season and subsequently played well.

Trying to figure out what you're talking about here. What team rushed for 250yds the last two weeks, both on the road?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

NE line is inflated. If I were a betting man, I'd jump on that 7.5 before it drops.

Oddsmakers basically saying NY/SF are a coin flip, with Niners getting 3 for home field. Seems about right.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Trying to figure out what you're talking about here. What team rushed for 250yds the last two weeks, both on the road?
he's confused. he meant giants ran a total of around 250 in 2 playoff games with 1 being at home. the giants are usually a better road team anyway.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: