Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Knicks "Optimism" Thread

Just what the title says.

Personally, I knew there would be bumps along the way.

The Knicks are not the only team going through it as evident by quite a few team's records.

Injuries are happening all over the place, and it seems that it's not gonna be how fast a team gets out of the gate, but how they finish off the season.

With that said, the ship will be righted soon.

Patience and belief.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Knicks "Optimism" Thread

and prayer....lots and lots of prayer!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I dont think so, this team does'nt have the killer instinct, they are not fighters. I watch knick games, all day sometimes, i got games from 1988. Anyday that we let ryan anderson, WHO??? And redick whoop our ass, there is no hope. Im sorry to sound like the bad guy, but watching them out there today, they dont want it, i had to come off a major high with the giant win for this, pathetic!!!!!!
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Eh. Here's hoping.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know in my heart, when we fire coach Pringles, we will turn this ship around.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hopefully when baron comes back, it will clear up the spacing problems amare is dealing with
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I know in my heart, when we fire coach Pringles, we will turn this ship around.
I seriously doubt he gets fired though, so unfortunately I can't focus on him.

My optimism relies on a motivated and healthy Baron Davis.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #8
redrich2000
I brick open layups

redrich2000 has no real reputation yet.

I actually think we have fought a bit better this season, still inconsistently though. In the 4-game win streak there were periods where our offense was off but we stayed in the game by stepping up on the defensive end. Our problem is that we only fight when we are in front, as soon as we fall behind we go completely to pieces.

I also think there is a big confidence problem. There are long stretches where we don't look confident enough in the plan to fight.
redrich2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll tell you how our future looks like after a few weeks of next season without D'Antoni and with some solid bench players.

Right now this team is going nowhere.
.500 team and a 1st round exit.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'll tell you how our future looks like after a few weeks of next season without D'Antoni and with some solid bench players.

Right now this team is going nowhere.
.500 team and a 1st round exit.
Well i predicted that record in the beginning of the year. Only problem with your statement is that we have to trust that our front office will be smart enough to get rid of Mike and Grunwald and bring in someone who is competent. I cant remember the last time we had a good coach AND a good gm.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

I am optimistic this team will finish just under or around .500 possibly make the playoffs. The reason for the optimism is that most teams have been mediocre and inconsistent. I doubt there will be many significant win streaks this season for teams. Too many injury possibilities and too many games in one week helps all the teams.

I shutter to think Boomdizzle is the answer to the Knicks dismal play.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I am optimistic this team will finish just under or around .500 possibly make the playoffs. The reason for the optimism is that most teams have been mediocre and inconsistent. I doubt there will be many significant win streaks this season for teams. Too many injury possibilities and too many games in one week helps all the teams.

I shutter to think Boomdizzle is the answer to the Knicks dismal play.
We should make the playoffs.

Just look at the standings: http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

We're 8th with a 6-7 record.

The only team behind us that can be a threat are the Celtics who are 4-8.
Cavaliers are ahead of us with 6-6 record and I don't expect them to continue to play this good.
I don't think the Bucks,Raptors,Pistons,Nets,Bobcats and Wizards can finish ahead of us.

So guys.
LET'S PRAY FOR CLEVELAND LOSSES
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
We should make the playoffs.

Just look at the standings: http://www.nba.com/standings/team_re...w_Std_Cnf.html

We're 8th with a 6-7 record.

The only team behind us that can be a threat are the Celtics who are 4-8.
Cavaliers are ahead of us with 6-6 record and I don't expect them to continue to play this good.
I don't think the Bucks,Raptors,Pistons,Nets,Bobcats and Wizards can finish ahead of us.

So guys.
LET'S PRAY FOR CLEVELAND LOSSES

Honestly, I'm not sure making the playoffs this year benefits us. Sam Mitchell once made a great point on NBA TV one day. He said the worst position to be in is the 8th seed in the playoffs. You never really have a chance to win it all AND your team becomes satisfied with making the playoffs. Plus, your draft picks aren't high lottery.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Honestly, I'm not sure making the playoffs this year benefits us. Sam Mitchell once made a great point on NBA TV one day. He said the worst position to be in is the 8th seed in the playoffs. You never really have a chance to win it all AND your team becomes satisfied with making the playoffs. Plus, your draft picks aren't high lottery.
I think we don't even have a draft pick.
Actually we do but it's owned by the Rockets (I think) and is top5 protected which means either we have to be one of the worst teams in the league or the pick goes to the Rockets.

To sum it up : WE CAN'T TANK

Making playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> being a lottery team
Old 01-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
I think we don't even have a draft pick.
Actually we do but it's owned by the Rockets (I think) and is top5 protected which means either we have to be one of the worst teams in the league or the pick goes to the Rockets.

To sum it up : WE CAN'T TANK

Making playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>> being a lottery team

I wasn't saying we should tank. I was saying,when you sneak into the playoffs, it can be detrimental. Teams become complacent with just making it and don't make necessary changes (ex. getting a new coach and GM.)Same reason the Jets didnt get rid of Schottenheimer until this year. We were winning so we conveniently forgot he sucks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: