Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.
Default STERN, SHAQ giving MVP trophy to Flash

I kind of didn't like how Shaq had to put his hands on the MVP trophy when Stern was trying to hand it to Flash himself. To me as a Shaq fan, didn't look very good. It seemed like he was tryin to get a little too much shine.

He should have just allowed the comissioner to hand it to the MVP.

Just a thought I had to put out there
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

those numbers... mean something...

anyway... you are looking to closely into things.

If Kobe had a press conference and he touched his wife's boobs in public, I'm sure it would not mean a thing at all.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
those numbers... mean something...

anyway... you are looking to closely into things.

If Kobe had a press conference and he touched his wife's boobs in public, I'm sure it would not mean a thing at all.

:rollingeyes:
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Seems like an arrogant move on the face of it... But this championship and Wade winning MVP is as symbolic to Shaq as it is to Wade........

I guess its whatever.....

Offtopic: worst trophy presentation I ever saw was Barry Switzer in Dallas when he was babblin "we did it our way baby!" and Jerry Jones snatched the trophy like "give me that, you dumb fool!"
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

i didnt like how when they were interviewin shaq they said hes robin to wade batman
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think it would've been cool if Stern would've let Shaq pass the trophy on to Wade. Instead it looked like Stern was getting pissed and was just an akward moment.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:03 PM   #7
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
I kind of didn't like how Shaq had to put his hands on the MVP trophy when Stern was trying to hand it to Flash himself. To me as a Shaq fan, didn't look very good. It seemed like he was tryin to get a little too much shine.

He should have just allowed the comissioner to hand it to the MVP.
Shaq never wanted a piece of that trophy or try to show up Wade. He just wanted to be the one to give it to Wade, to show everyone who was the MVP. Even on the post game interviews Shaq knew who was the MVP. He didn't need another MVP trophy. Hell, Shaq has 3 to spare sitting on his shelf at home.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

I don't know I just thought it was a little awkward.....Sometimes I feel like Shaq is trying to take a little too much credit. It would have been nice to have him just stand to the side and allow Wade to have that moment for himself IMO.

I also thought that Zo should have been interviewed on the podium during the ceremony. After that performance I thought he would have gotten more attention. I consider him to be the greatest player in the Heat organization's history. He has given them a lot of good years.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Kobe Bryant is the best player on the Earth but is also a cancer to everyone around him and cannot win a title without Shaquille ONeal

whew, that wasn't censored/
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #10
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchoy
Shaq never wanted a piece of that trophy or try to show up Wade. He just wanted to be the one to give it to Wade, to show everyone who was the MVP. Even on the post game interviews Shaq knew who was the MVP. He didn't need another MVP trophy. Hell, Shaq has 3 to spare sitting on his shelf at home.

Oh it was very obvious who the MVP was....
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #11
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

never noticed that, but i DID notice how shaq was in the back during the trophy ceremony and posey, walker, wade, williams were in the front.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #12
Sandjo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sandjo has an OK reputation so far
Default re:

Shaq is a pretty smart guy. He knows all too well he wouldn't have kept his word if it wasn't for Wade. There's no doubt he would have prefered to have had the key role in all this, and to be able to get another Finals' MVP, but I think he understands he'll have to defer to Wade from now on, even though he'll keep being an essential asset for the Heat. And I think him taking the trophey from Stern in order to give it to Wade just goes to support my argument.
Sandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

i think Shaq wanted to give it to his little bro, as a passing of the torch. But it was a mess of an exchange. I doubt Shaq is that big of a glory hog where he HAS to get his mits on the hardware.
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #14
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

Shaq kinda reminded me of the little kid at another little kid's birthday party crying about wanting to blow out the candles and cut the cake himself.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #15
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has an OK reputation so far

what? the guy desperately wanted to get some of the attention. he could have stood behind and and patted him on the back instead.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: