Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Default 2012 NBA Draft

Anybody see any prospects that would be a good fit for the Knicks?

I really like this Scott Machado kid at Iona.

Tough NYC PG from Queens, who currently leads the nation in Assists and can knock down the 3.

Franchize what do you think?
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

It's Houston's pick, top 5 protected.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

We should by a late 1st rounder or make a trade for one with one of our bench players.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

Here are some PGs that I've been watching. Toney Douglas, Baron Davis, and Mike Bibby are not the long term answers.

Peyton Siva
Tu Holloway
Jordan Taylor
Tyshawn Taylor
Ashton Gibbs
Dee Bost

My Sleeper Picks

Shabazz Napier
Kendall Marshall
Maalik Wayans
Marquis Teague
Seth Curry
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
My Sleeper Picks

Shabazz Napier
Kendall Marshall
Maalik Wayans
Marquis Teague
Seth Curry
I'm not sure how I'd feel if the Knicks draft Marshall, who should be available in the second round, if he comes out at all.

Marshall is a traditional PG. Controls tempo, moves teammates around the floor, looks for mismatches, etc. The problem is he's not an impressive athlete and doesn't score well. In a system like Coach D'Antoni runs Marshall could be very good because he can do all the things that make him an excellent player.

The problem I have is selecting Marshall to me would signal that D'Antoni is getting one more go at it as head coach. I personally want another coach on the bench.

I hate to call for anyone to lose their job but I just do not like D'Antoni for this roster.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Peyton Siva- No! He's an exciting college player but he's WAY too erratic. He's probably the best athlete on your list but he isn't even the best pg on his team. There's a pg from Queens name Russ Smith that is better than him. Only thing keeping Siva off the bench is seniority/tenure.
Tu Holloway- Tu is no joke. Kid can ball but is he the "pure pg" we're looking for? He's kinda a scoring guard and don't we already have that in Shumpert?
Jordan Taylor- In the beginning of the year, I said he's the best pg in the country. I think Maalik may be a bit better, only because of his penetrating ability, but I still like Jordan's game. I just wish his handle was a little bit better.
Tyshawn Taylor- Very raw and athletic. Makes spectacular plays but also makes a lot of bonehead plays too. He's very inconsistent. He's have to have a really good pre-draft workout for me to consider him.
Ashton Gibbs- Ash can shoot and has improved his penetrating ability but he hasn't shown the athleticism to be able to compete on the NBA level. He's tested the waters and withdrew so he at least KNOWS what to expect cme combine time.
Dee Bost-To be honest, I've only seen him play once and not eve nfor the entire game
Shabazz Napier- I'm a HUGE UCONN fan and I've followed the team since Ray Allen was there. Became a fan around the time Khalid El Amin was there. That said, I do NOT want Shabazz Napier. He has a lot of talent but his shot selection is horrible. Like Peyton Siva,he may not even be the best pg on the team. Ryan Boatwright is a problem! He's just having NCAA eligibility issues.
Kendall Marshall- Very good passer but his lack of athleticism may keep him from ever being an NBA player. He makes Jimmer Fredette and Ricky Rubio look like Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose.
Maalik Wayans- I REALLY like Maalik's game. Shoot, I REALLY liked Corey Fisher. Let's face it though, guards that small never get a shot. You have to be like Kemba and come off one of the biggest years in NCAA history to be that tiny and get a legit chance to prove yourself.
Marquis Teague- I thought he'd be way better than he is. I actually liked him way better than Austin Rivers (who I think is overrated).He's had an underwhelming year so far. I think he'd be smart to stay another year.
Seth Curry-Can't shoot as well as his brother and is no where near the play-maker. I'll pass.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Anybody see any prospects that would be a good fit for the Knicks?

I really like this Scott Machado kid at Iona.

Tough NYC PG from Queens, who currently leads the nation in Assists and can knock down the 3.

Franchize what do you think?

My dad probably knows more about him. I haven't seen Iona play in a while. Probably since Steve Burt Jr was there. Since I moved out of NY, I've fell slightly out of the loop on the inner city talent.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We should by a late 1st rounder or make a trade for one with one of our bench players.

lol, This seems to be the typical Knicks mentality. Have our 1st round pick traded and try to buy a late one!

But the Knicks do a great job drafting late...
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #9
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Peyton Siva- No! He's an exciting college player but he's WAY too erratic. He's probably the best athlete on your list but he isn't even the best pg on his team. There's a pg from Queens name Russ Smith that is better than him. Only thing keeping Siva off the bench is seniority/tenure.
Tu Holloway- Tu is no joke. Kid can ball but is he the "pure pg" we're looking for? He's kinda a scoring guard and don't we already have that in Shumpert?
Jordan Taylor- In the beginning of the year, I said he's the best pg in the country. I think Maalik may be a bit better, only because of his penetrating ability, but I still like Jordan's game. I just wish his handle was a little bit better.
Tyshawn Taylor- Very raw and athletic. Makes spectacular plays but also makes a lot of bonehead plays too. He's very inconsistent. He's have to have a really good pre-draft workout for me to consider him.
Ashton Gibbs- Ash can shoot and has improved his penetrating ability but he hasn't shown the athleticism to be able to compete on the NBA level. He's tested the waters and withdrew so he at least KNOWS what to expect cme combine time.
Dee Bost-To be honest, I've only seen him play once and not eve nfor the entire game
Shabazz Napier- I'm a HUGE UCONN fan and I've followed the team since Ray Allen was there. Became a fan around the time Khalid El Amin was there. That said, I do NOT want Shabazz Napier. He has a lot of talent but his shot selection is horrible. Like Peyton Siva,he may not even be the best pg on the team. Ryan Boatwright is a problem! He's just having NCAA eligibility issues.
Kendall Marshall- Very good passer but his lack of athleticism may keep him from ever being an NBA player. He makes Jimmer Fredette and Ricky Rubio look like Russell Westbrook and Derrick Rose.
Maalik Wayans- I REALLY like Maalik's game. Shoot, I REALLY liked Corey Fisher. Let's face it though, guards that small never get a shot. You have to be like Kemba and come off one of the biggest years in NCAA history to be that tiny and get a legit chance to prove yourself.
Marquis Teague- I thought he'd be way better than he is. I actually liked him way better than Austin Rivers (who I think is overrated).He's had an underwhelming year so far. I think he'd be smart to stay another year.
Seth Curry-Can't shoot as well as his brother and is no where near the play-maker. I'll pass.

I really like Maalik Wayns.

He may not be around in the 2nd Round but if we bought a late 1st Rounder.

I also like this Casper Ware kid from Long Beach State. Every time I've seen them play on TV hes just an absolute playmaker with great speed and penetrating ability, but at 5'10 he's going to be considered too small.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #10
Clutch
NBA Legend

It seems like we may get a top5 pick after all
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

Some PG rankings.

http://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2012pointguards.php
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Maalik Wayans will be around in the 2nd round probably only because he's undersized. The league is very unfair to short pg's. Thats the reason Kemba slipped in the draft.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #13
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Maalik Wayans will be around in the 2nd round probably only because he's undersized. The league is very unfair to short pg's. Thats the reason Kemba slipped in the draft.

True, but hes got some iffy shot selection thats gonna cause him to slip.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
True, but hes got some iffy shot selection thats gonna cause him to slip.
Who?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

This is incredibly selfish/evil of me but I want Myck Kabongo to enter the draft. He's had a relatively disappointing freshman year and his stock is down. If the Knicks can make a move to get him they will be a getting a definite long term NBA PG.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: