Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Joe D Has Some Encouraging Comments

By him saying this it really sounds like he wants to rebuild this thing through the draft, which I've been saying all along is the best way to do it.

Quote:
Joe Dumars said that while its been hard dealing with the Pistons' 3-11 record entering the Minnesota game, it's something that has to be dealt with in order to turn things around. “You're going to go through some growing pains and you expect all of that,” he said. “At the end of the day, you never walk out of arenas feeling good after a loss. Even when you've played well, even when the young guys have looked (good), you really still want to win games. So That's the tough part about losing. But the flip side is … you put young guys on the court, you you see them growing every single game. You see them taking another step and another step and that's what we're doing right now.” Michigan Live

Dumars: “We all hate losing, man,” he said. “Nobody wants to lose. But we also know we have to restock our talent base here. And that's what we're doing. We're restocking our talent base to become good again. I wish I could snap my fingers and it could all be healed right now. But we would be the only team in the league doing that. If we could snap our fingers and make it happen, I would do it in a heartbeat. But I can't. I have to take time to rebuild the talent base so we can become good again.” Michigan Live

The good news is the Pistons have already started the rebuilding process by getting young players like Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe, Detroit's last two No. 1 draft picks, into the starting lineup. Monroe has been impressive at times and is averaging a team-leading 16.3 points in just his second pro season. Michigan Live

I really think if we get a top 5 (or hopefully 3) pick this year we can really start to be a competitive team again. There's so many really good players in this draft and there's a few that will be all-star caliber players. If we can get one of those guys things will be back to the way we want them to be.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Joe D Has Some Encouraging Comments

we could really use anthony davis next to monroe
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Joe D Has Some Encouraging Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
we could really use anthony davis next to monroe

Don't get my hopes up I'd be elated if we landed Davis, but as long as we can get someone like Drummond, Barnes, Jones, or him it would be a successful season.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: