Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #61
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
i feel you...he's playing to many "statement" games this year...maybe cause of the flurry of scroring outbursts going around the league in recent days...

he made the same passes he always makes but Denver doesnt play defense and they actually made the shots. He wasnt trying to make a statement, he is trying to develop his troops for the playoffs
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #62
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

luuuukeeee
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #63
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Lakers are absolutely on fire. Kobe with 9 assists, but why does it always seem like he has to go out of his way to pass. Sometimes it seems like he always plays an "either/or" type of game; he doesn't really just let the game develop naturally. Sometimes it seems like he goes into games with agendas (for example, "tonight I'm gonna pass a lot early"). I only say this because it's rare that you'll see Kobe have a balanced first quarter (something like 4-6 FG, 9 pts/4-5 assists), but you see quite a few of these 6+ assist/0-3 FGA/0-4 point type of quarters from him. Or the opposite: a 15+ point, 0-1 assist first quarter.

I don't know, it just strikes me as odd. I've noticed this in quite a few of his games. I'm sure I'll get pounced on by people who'll say that I only notice it because it's him, or that I'm mistaken, but nevertheless it's something I've noticed.

Very true. He's just got to work on doing the best play available at the time. If the offense starts to break down a bit, he should definately attack, but for the rest, he just needs to try to get his points through the triangle. A major problem is, whenever they run the triangle, it seems Kobe isn't involved in the scoring aspect of it. It's all Bynum or Kwame in the post, or Walton/Smush making a cut to the basket. It's wierd, but I don't really mind it. If the team is scoring well, I could care less about how Kobe is contributing.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #64
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Luke for 3333333333333333333333333333....20 for him....Diawara banks in 30 footer at buzzer....68-55 lakers at halftime
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #65
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

I think I heard him call glass...
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #66
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

Kobe's going to score 30 in the second half, but not get a double double.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #67
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangWizard
Kobe's going to score 30 in the second half, but not get a double double.

lol he won't get that 1 assist?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #68
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Lakers are absolutely on fire. Kobe with 9 assists, but why does it always seem like he has to go out of his way to pass. Sometimes it seems like he always plays an "either/or" type of game; he doesn't really just let the game develop naturally. Sometimes it seems like he goes into games with agendas (for example, "tonight I'm gonna pass a lot early"). I only say this because it's rare that you'll see Kobe have a balanced first quarter (something like 4-6 FG, 9 pts/4-5 assists), but you see quite a few of these 6+ assist/0-3 FGA/0-4 point type of quarters from him. Or the opposite: a 15+ point, 0-1 assist first quarter.

I don't know, it just strikes me as odd. I've noticed this in quite a few of his games. I'm sure I'll get pounced on by people who'll say that I only notice it because it's him, or that I'm mistaken, but nevertheless it's something I've noticed.

That shows how good he is IMO. He can decide how the game's gonna go depending on who they're playing. Watch Sunday's game vs Dallas and he'll have 15 after 1..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #69
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
he made the same passes he always makes but Denver doesnt play defense and they actually made the shots. He wasnt trying to make a statement, he is trying to develop his troops for the playoffs
of course that too...
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #70
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bynum only needs 1 rebound for his 2nd straight double double
Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #71
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Alright well i'm out...yall hold it down in the 2nd half....holla
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM   #72
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Its part of Phils gameplan..get everyone involved first then take over. In some games when his teamates werent producing off his passess then he just took over from the beginning. It actually impresses me...for instance last night, he goes scoreless in the first and scores 3 pts in the third qtr. But he manages to score 42 pts...hes pretty much doing what he wants with the defense
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #73
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
That shows how good he is IMO. He can decide how the game's gonna go depending on who they're playing. Watch Sunday's game vs Dallas and he'll have 15 after 1..

That's not right though. Would you really rather him be either really unselfish, or really selfish from game to game? That's how you want him to play?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #74
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex

No, it shows that he's talented enough to do whatever he puts his mind to. But it's not the mark of a mature, polished player, which you think he would be after 10 years in the league. It's not the way great players approach games.

EDIT: It just seems like there's no "in between" sometimes with him. You rarely see an 8-10 point/4-5 assist first quarter from him, but you see a lot of either extreme, one of which we saw tonight.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #75
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

With Odom though, hes not like that. I think he just wants to make sure everyone is getting involved in the offense. they're a young team and with odom out, he has a bigger load being the primary faciliatotr and scorer
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: