Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,886
Default What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Erasing all the trades that were only salary dumps, plus all the Knicks picks, mid level signings, this would be the rooster.


Raymond Felton \\ Toney Douglas \\ \ Iman Shumpert
Jamal Crawford \\ Nate Bobinson \\ Landry Fields \\
Danilo Gallinari \\ Wilson Chandler \\ Renaldo Balkman
David Lee \\ Zach Randolph \\ Jared Jeffries \\ Josh Harrellson
Darko Milicic \\ Timofey Mozgov \\ Jordan Hill \\ Jerome Jordan

Plus all the picks that we traded.

We got players right now on rotation that would have to be cut on this parallel universe. 17 players, meaning some were traded wisely for better ones, other for picks, use your imagination.

In this parallel universe Knicks are a solid playoff team, Knicks fans didn't had to go through 3 years of embarrassment, players grown as a team playing together, like for example the Hawks, Knicks are incredible deep, and have tons of pieces, players and picks to bring the right guys that would make these Knicks contenders without gutting the rooster.


Thoughts?
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

That team sucks
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

I know it was just an honest typo, but "gutting the rooster" made me laugh.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Unfortunately that would mean we would actually not have drafted some of those players.
Marbury\\
Jrich \\ Jamal Crawford \\ Nate Bobinson \\
Wilson Chandler \\ Renaldo Balkman
David Lee \\ Zach Randolph \\ Jared Jeffries
Curry \\

I know I am missing people.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,886
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I know it was just an honest typo, but "gutting the rooster" made me laugh.
I have inside sources that told me that Walsh had to, in fact, gut a couple of roosters, Ujiri is a survivalist nutjob and only deals with people that know how to butcher animals.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,886
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That team sucks
That's why i said this, "some were traded wisely for better ones, other for picks, use your imagination". That's 17 players right there. For example Lee or Zach, one had to go. Just imagine one trade with one of them plus fillers to get a quality player that would be a improvement on any other position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Unfortunately that would mean we would actually not have drafted some of those players.
...
I know I am missing people.
No, all players are Knicks own picks, signed with MLE or that were already there before the Lebron plan.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Draft outcomes would have been different is what I am saying... instead of the 20th pick we could have had the 13th etc etc....
or we had the 10th pick and it could have been the 24th....

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTank
Posts: 22,667
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Is D'Antoni still the coach?
If so, we still suck. If not, championship cruise.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,886
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Draft outcomes would have been different is what I am saying... instead of the 20th pick we could have had the 13th etc etc....
or we had the 10th pick and it could have been the 24th....

I would say true for Gallinari only. Douglas was a bought pick, others were all already there before the bleeding started, and Shumpert was drafted with the Knicks being a marginal playoff team, what probably the team above would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Is D'Antoni still the coach?
If so, we still suck. If not, championship cruise.
Not it's Herb Williams.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,978
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

I put Jrich but it should have been Q Rich.

I think all things being equal Marbury would be gone and Zeke would have been gone. If Walsh didnt go for LBJ or Wade.

I think the team would have been in a better position overall after a couple of years. But its hard to say who would have been here or not. If Walsh would have been allowed to build the team correctly I would assume the Knicks financial situation would not look as bleak as it did. Probably would have had some kids to build around maybe 1 studd.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

We'd be still trying to make Gallo into a superstar. I'd be still saying Wilson Chandler is outplaying him and Bano114 would be arguing that he isn't lol BTW, where is that guy? I miss you man
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,242
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
We'd be still trying to make Gallo into a superstar. I'd be still saying Wilson Chandler is outplaying him and Bano114 would be arguing that he isn't lol BTW, where is that guy? I miss you man


The good ol' times

D'Antoni ball is the only system where that could happen, actually.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

The good ol' times

D'Antoni ball is the only system where that could happen, actually.

Actually, D'Antoni's system was tailor made for Gallo. He just wasn't as good as we were making him out to be. Wilson Chandler outplayed Gallo. Period! Some of us didn't want to admit it because Gallo was the more marketable guy with the cooler story and the more engaging personality. Chandler would dunk on you and walk away with a poker face. Gallo had the charm and marketability that everyone loved.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #14
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,242
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Actually, D'Antoni's system was tailor made for Gallo. He just wasn't as good as we were making him out to be. Wilson Chandler outplayed Gallo. Period! Some of us didn't want to admit it because Gallo was the more marketable guy with the cooler story and the more engaging personality. Chandler would dunk on you and walk away with a poker face. Gallo had the charm and marketability that everyone loved.

I agree with you on everything Knicks related, but on this point you're terribly wrong.

D'Antoni decided Gallo was a pure 3pt shooter, and had him waiting at the arc for most of his minutes. Most of the times he was also frozen out by Duhon & C.
That's possibly the worst way to use a player like Gallo.

Their post-Melo trade history, last season, (in an "egualitarian" system) goes to show who the better player is.
Now what? One is relegated in China, the other is the best all-around contributor of a .600+ team.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I agree with you on everything Knicks related, but on this point you're terribly wrong.

D'Antoni decided Gallo was a pure 3pt shooter, and had him waiting at the arc for most of his minutes. Most of the times he was also frozen out by Duhon & C.
That's possibly the worst way to use a player like Gallo.

Their post-Melo trade history, last season, (in an "egualitarian" system) goes to show who the better player is.
Now what? One is relegated in China, the other is the best all-around contributor of a .600+ team.

Before you make a stance and call someone "wrong", you should do your research and know your facts.

#1 Chandler wasn't "relegated" anywhere. He CHOSE to go to China because of the lockout. He, along with 3 other Nuggets and Aaron Brooks, didn't think the lockout would end and there would be no season. They took in contracts in China and the league out there has a no out clause. Teams can be penalized heavily if their players go back to the NBA. Kenyon Martin was bought out and he STILL can't play.

#2 Gallo came in the league with the reputation as a sharp shooter. It wasn't until he realized within himself that he simply wasn't that great of a shooter, and that he should develop his game to attack the basket more, that he started becoming well rounded. Did D'Antoni love for him to shoot 3's? Yes, he does for all hsi players. Did Gallo want that for himself also? Absolutely. Don't get it twisted. Gallo LOVED jacking up 3's.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy