Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Jasi
Quality?

Default Re: What if Knicks didn't went for Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Before you make a stance and call someone "wrong", you should do your research and know your facts.

#1 Chandler wasn't "relegated" anywhere. He CHOSE to go to China because of the lockout. He, along with 3 other Nuggets and Aaron Brooks, didn't think the lockout would end and there would be no season. They took in contracts in China and the league out there has a no out clause. Teams can be penalized heavily if their players go back to the NBA. Kenyon Martin was bought out and he STILL can't play.

#2 Gallo came in the league with the reputation as a sharp shooter. It wasn't until he realized within himself that he simply wasn't that great of a shooter, and that he should develop his game to attack the basket more, that he started becoming well rounded. Did D'Antoni love for him to shoot 3's? Yes, he does for all hsi players. Did Gallo want that for himself also? Absolutely. Don't get it twisted. Gallo LOVED jacking up 3's.

1) I know perfectly the situation. Still, he is relegated in China because he chose so. No player would choose to relegate himself in China instead of hanging on to the best league in the world, if he was something special. Chinese league is where "have been"s or "nothing special" players go, that's a fact.

2) False, sorry. Scout reports praised his ability to score in many different ways, his intangibles, his IQ.
Maybe you are mistaking him with Belinelli, who always had been a sharpshooter in Italy and came to the US as a sharpshooter.
Gallo was never considered a pure shooter in Europe.
This reputation as a sharp shooter began to spread after he started to work with the Knicks. Gallo jacked up 3s because he was told to do so.

3) Anyways, what happened in Denver last season? You are the ones who usually brings up stats...
Ask any Nuggets fan who they'd rather have.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
1) I know perfectly the situation. Still, he is relegated in China because he chose so. No player would choose to relegate himself in China instead of hanging on to the best league in the world, if he was something special. Chinese league is where "have been"s or "nothing special" players go, that's a fact.

2) False, sorry. Scout reports praised his ability to score in many different ways, his intangibles, his IQ.
Maybe you are mistaking him with Belinelli, who always had been a sharpshooter in Italy and came to the US as a sharpshooter.
Gallo was never considered a pure shooter in Europe.
This reputation as a sharp shooter began to spread after he started to work with the Knicks. Gallo jacked up 3s because he was told to do so.

3) Anyways, what happened in Denver last season? You are the ones who usually brings up stats...
Ask any Nuggets fan who they'd rather have.

You're incredibly misinformed. So JR Smith and Aaron Brooks are has beens too? Players wen't all over to make money because the lockout was a GIANT unknown. If you remember, most people thought there was no way we'd have a season this year. In fact,when a deal was made, it came as a complete shocker. THAT'S why players sign in other countries.Just so happens,China is stricter than other foreign leagues. Don't let your love for Gallo cause you to make silly comments. I'm not saying Chandler is better than Gallo but Chandler had the more consistent and productive Knicks career.Even when he wasn't scoring, he did other things for us and played WAY better defensively. Gallo didn't start playing defense until he got to Denver. Chandler, at one point last season, was better than Gallo in EVERY statistical category except FT shooting. It wasn't until the "Melo-Drama" became intense that his numbers started to slip. Sorry to burst your bubble but that's a fact.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #18
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
You're incredibly misinformed. So JR Smith and Aaron Brooks are has beens too? Players wen't all over to make money because the lockout was a GIANT unknown. If you remember, most people thought there was no way we'd have a season this year. In fact,when a deal was made, it came as a complete shocker.

No, but they're just nothing special. Anyways this is a minor point. Chandler plays in China, whatever.
Until he played in Denver, Gallo outplayed him.

Quote:
I'm not saying Chandler is better than Gallo but Chandler had the more consistent and productive Knicks career.Even when he wasn't scoring, he did other things for us and played WAY better defensively. Gallo didn't start playing defense until he got to Denver. Chandler, at one point last season, was better than Gallo in EVERY statistical category except FT shooting. It wasn't until the "Melo-Drama" became intense that his numbers started to slip. Sorry to burst your bubble but that's a fact.

I never denied this.
I'm saying that it's as clear as the sky in a sunny day that the only reason for that was D'Antoni's use of Gallo.
Only you think that D'Antoni made good use of Gallo in NY.

WC in Denver: 12.5/5.0/1.6
Gallo in Denver: 14.7/5.4/1.6

WC's playoffs: 4.8/4.4/0.4
Gallo's playoffs: 12.0/3.4/2.0

...in a very balanced (or may I say, reasonable) system as Karl's.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Would Walsh have done this?

Quote:
On April 2, 2008, the New York Knicks announced that Walsh had agreed to become their president of basketball operations.[1] Walsh immediately recognized the expensive long-term contracts the Knicks carried, and traded Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington. That same day,[when?] Walsh traded Mardy Collins and Zach Randolph for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas. Though Mobley retired of a heart condition, his contract, as well as those of Harrington and Thomas, were contracts that expired at the end of the 20092010 NBA season, decreasing the Knicks' payroll by $27 million and giving them enough cap space to sign anyone notable from the heralded free agent class of 2010 which included NBA players such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Joe Johnson.

Are you guys really arguing who was a better player? Gallo or Wilson? lmao SERIOUSLY? One was a pet and one was a good all around player IMHO. Neither was suppose to be built around, neither was a star in the making both were good role players but SUPPOSEDLY Gallo's shooting ability was suppose to make him a studd. I never agreed with that sentiment IMHO.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Would Walsh have done this?

Are you guys really arguing who was a better player? Gallo or Wilson? lmao SERIOUSLY? One was a pet and one was a good all around player IMHO. Neither was suppose to be built around, neither was a star in the making both were good role players but SUPPOSEDLY Gallo's shooting ability was suppose to make him a studd. I never agreed with that sentiment IMHO.

It's really no wonder that most Knicks fans think this, whilst all Nuggets fan would pick Gallo as the better player 110% of the times.

Like I said, Gallo was misused in NY.

One more think to add to Pringles' long list of misfits
Old 01-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
It's really no wonder that most Knicks fans think this, whilst all Nuggets fan would pick Gallo as the better player 110% of the times.

Like I said, Gallo was misused in NY.

One more think to add to Pringles' long list of misfits
Why does it matter? Neither is a player you build around they are both complimentary players.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #22
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Why does it matter? Neither is a player you build around they are both complimentary players.

Not all complimentary players are the same.

True it doesn't matter one bit now, but it was an old argument in here, I took the chance to revamp it just for fun, now that things are clearer
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Gallo was never heralded as shooter overseas, which was why when D'antoni said in his rookie season that Gallo was the best shooter he's ever seen, I knew this coach would be terrible.

Gallo's strengths has always been getting to the line and making the free throws, ability to create, maturity, poise, competitiveness.

Shooting has never been a strength, defense neither.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Not all complimentary players are the same.

True it doesn't matter one bit now, but it was an old argument in here, I took the chance to revamp it just for fun, now that things are clearer
Well shiznit I love arguments neither of you made a case why either is better but I do believe you should make a new thread or bump an old thread.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Well shiznit I love arguments neither of you made a case why either is better but I do believe you should make a new thread or bump an old thread.

Nah it really isn't thread worthy at all. It just happened here and it went slightly OT, sorry.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #26
Clutch
NBA Legend

Gallo is a better offensive player with more upside but Chandler is a better defender.

It all depends on what you need,difference isn't big between those two but I prefer Gallo.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

I have to be honest,, my thread was a disguised attempt to bring back the Wilson vs Gallo discussion. Mission accomplished.

People have to remember Chandler had more years in the NBA, yes he was overall playing better, but just the year before everyone was pulling hair out on how inconsistent he was, exactly the problem with Gallo.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
No, but they're just nothing special. Anyways this is a minor point. Chandler plays in China, whatever.
Until he played in Denver, Gallo outplayed him.

I never denied this.
I'm saying that it's as clear as the sky in a sunny day that the only reason for that was D'Antoni's use of Gallo.
Only you think that D'Antoni made good use of Gallo in NY.

So you want us to ignore the years they both played in NY and only pay attention to the 1/4 of a season they both played in Denver? Look, I'm not going to throw dirt on Gallo's name.He helped make the Knicks entertaining in a year where management clearly could care less if we won.That being said, I'm not going to casually let you rip people for not seeing Gallo's "brilliance". Gallo is a promising young player. Chandler is a promising young player. I've laid to rest my opinions on who i think is better and who has more potential last year. I won't resurrect that. However, you're getting awfully defensive for a guy who was decent and still isn't great.

Crying about how D'Antoni used Gallo is ironic and futile. Apparently, you forgot that D'Antoni played Chandler mostly at PF and had him guarding 4's and even some 5's. Why? Because your precious Danilo Gallinari, who's 6'10", was too cotton soft to guard anyone down low. Furthermore, Mike had Chandler playing some 2 and had him hoisting up 3's when Chandler hardly ever shot 3s at Depaul. Everyone in NY is held back by Mike D'Antoni's coaching. Not just Gallo.And for the record, I never said D'Antoni used Gallo properly.

I have no problems with Gallo but I thought we got passed glorifying him. End of the day, I can care less what Denver fans think and I can care less about Denver's post Melo record. I know we got the better player back and with all of Denver's "winning ways", they only won 1 more playoff game than we did. Gallo is a decent player, but he also is very inconsistent. Cut it out. He just had a 3 point game in 33 minutes of play. He's getting 15 ppg. Really not that serious. This argument is OVER
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
So you want us to ignore the years they both played in NY and only pay attention to the 1/4 of a season they both played in Denver? Look, I'm not going to throw dirt on Gallo's name.He helped make the Knicks entertaining in a year where management clearly could care less if we won.That being said, I'm not going to casually let you rip people for not seeing Gallo's "brilliance". Gallo is a promising young player. Chandler is a promising young player. I've laid to rest my opinions on who i think is better and who has more potential last year. I won't resurrect that. However, you're getting awfully defensive for a guy who was decent and still isn't great.

Crying about how D'Antoni used Gallo is ironic and futile. Apparently, you forgot that D'Antoni played Chandler mostly at PF and had him guarding 4's and even some 5's. Why? Because your precious Danilo Gallinari, who's 6'10", was too cotton soft to guard anyone down low. Furthermore, Mike had Chandler playing some 2 and had him hoisting up 3's when Chandler hardly ever shot 3s at Depaul. Everyone in NY is held back by Mike D'Antoni's coaching. Not just Gallo.And for the record, I never said D'Antoni used Gallo properly.

I have no problems with Gallo but I thought we got passed glorifying him. End of the day, I can care less what Denver fans think and I can care less about Denver's post Melo record. I know we got the better player back and with all of Denver's "winning ways", they only won 1 more playoff game than we did. Gallo is a decent player, but he also is very inconsistent. Cut it out. He just had a 3 point game in 33 minutes of play. He's getting 15 ppg. Really not that serious. This argument is OVER

Sorry but you keep looking at it the wrong way.
You said Pringles' system was taylor made for Gallo, and I showed you how it wasn't.
On the contrary Chandler was used for what he's best at: playing different positions and being so-so at every one of them.

When they left the Knicks, we said "we'll see how their careers will go on and who will grow as the better player", and until now there's no case - and I mean NO case - for arguing that WC is better.

I'm not saying that Gallo is a superstar, of course, but he's growing as the main contributor in a .600+ team; something that WC never was and will never be even close to being.

Argument postponed. See you here in one more year
Old 01-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Chandler looked like shit in Denver. Gallo was better on both ends of the floor. He's just a more talented player.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: