Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Howard or Bust....

That is my mind state for the season right now. Not saying if we get him we will win a title...but with Howard our future as a franchise is that much brighter. We get him and we build around the future. For some reason Gasol and Bynum can not co-exist like they should. I would do a Gasol and Bynum trade for Howard and Turkeyglue in a heart beat. Turkeyglue is putting up numbers as well. Can Turkeyglue play the PF?

At this point getting Howard is a crap shoot. The Magic will not trade him until after the All Star game. By them Brook Lopez will be back and the Nets are the front runners. So it might be bust for us. We will have Kobe for a couple more years and no shot to win a title. Gasol maybe traded for fodder and the rebuilding process will begin. Mitch will probably be gone...and with Jim Buss running the show...who knows when we will have a legit team again.

Dark times Lakers fans...we maybe running in to dark times.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Howard or Bust....

No idea what the hell is gonna happen. Maybe theyll flip Pau for some depth and bynum for Howard.

this deadline couldn't be closer....
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
That is my mind state for the season right now. Not saying if we get him we will win a title...but with Howard our future as a franchise is that much brighter. We get him and we build around the future. For some reason Gasol and Bynum can not co-exist like they should. I would do a Gasol and Bynum trade for Howard and Turkeyglue in a heart beat. Turkeyglue is putting up numbers as well. Can Turkeyglue play the PF?

At this point getting Howard is a crap shoot. The Magic will not trade him until after the All Star game. By them Brook Lopez will be back and the Nets are the front runners. So it might be bust for us. We will have Kobe for a couple more years and no shot to win a title. Gasol maybe traded for fodder and the rebuilding process will begin. Mitch will probably be gone...and with Jim Buss running the show...who knows when we will have a legit team again.

Dark times Lakers fans...we maybe running in to dark times.

why freaking out so early in the season? its just 3 weeks till all star and then the fun begins

I am only hoping Bynum stays healthy all year. You bet they will be trading Bynum for howard and then Pau for Dwill or other good role players.

I also like the new aggressive Pau. He is only increasing his trade value

I would trade McRoberts for Mayo any day so the roster will shape up but we will have some dead weight in Walton/Artest
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:51 AM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
why freaking out so early in the season? its just 3 weeks till all star and then the fun begins

I am only hoping Bynum stays healthy all year. You bet they will be trading Bynum for howard and then Pau for Dwill or other good role players.

I also like the new aggressive Pau. He is only increasing his trade value

I would trade McRoberts for Mayo any day so the roster will shape up but we will have some dead weight in Walton/Artest

Lol yeah right.
I wish.

Players we need are sessions and mayo. Then we will be fine. Need Luke gone and maybe mwp. Not sure yet. Oh and fisher. FORSURE fish.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Lol yeah right.
I wish.

Players we need are sessions and mayo. Then we will be fine. Need Luke gone and maybe mwp. Not sure yet. Oh and fisher. FORSURE fish.

Mayo needs extension this summer. Can he be a pg for championship team? That's my question
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 AM   #6
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Something needs to happen thats for sure...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I'm looking forward to the trade deadline something MUST happen.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I'm looking forward to the trade deadline something MUST happen.

Eh......did someone use Aggressive and Pau in the same sentence???? Show me 8 out of 10 games of that......and minimum of 8 boards per game.

Last edited by DKLaker : 01-31-2012 at 11:22 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Make sure your expectations are low

so you're not disappointed

If that article on ESPN has any credibility, Howard may test FA even if he is traded to the Lakers, which boggles my mind.

Honestly, Lakers may just be in a 1 or 2 year hole for now. Unless Mitch or someone finds a way to flip Pau Gasol for some depth/role players that haven't been talked about yet (maybe Houston a good option) before the trade deadline.

Or Bynum is traded for Howard and Howard agrees to stay a Laker. Anything can happen really. Reminds me of Lebron to New York tactic, ends up in Miami. I wish we could trade for Deron Williams or had cap space this summer.

I had a friend tell me Lakers could clear space this summer by getting rid of players, but I didn't believe him. Is that possible?

Last edited by talkingconch : 01-31-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #10
talkingconch
College superstar

Here's something to get your hopes up i guess

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-lakers-rescue

Quote:
Fact or Fiction: Howard will end up with the Lakers.

Kevin Arnovitz, ESPN.com: Fiction. Howard will have one of those posh lockers in Dallas come next fall.

Andy Kamenetzky, ESPN LA: Fact. Howard wants out, and like I said earlier, I doubt Otis Smith would let him walk, even if certain situations might make that the most sensible form of action. Looking around the league, nobody has a better chip than Bynum. On a related note, I'm glad the lockout put to bed the "big names forcing their way onto a more preferred franchise" issue. That was time well spent.

Zach McCann, Page 2: Fact. Of the three teams Howard has expressed interest in signing an extension with, the Lakers are the one team the Magic could trade with this season. Neither the Nets nor the Mavericks have the assets to entice the win-now Magic management. L.A. will have to throw in Pau Gasol or a player from another team for the Magic to bite, but the Lakers can get a trade done before the March trade deadline.

Eddy Rivera, Magic Basketball: Fact. There's no question that the Lakers hold a trump card in Bynum, a player that the Magic front office likes since he's the type of "win now" asset the team desires. It seems sensible that a trade will bear fruit sooner or later. The wild card is if Orlando keeps winning. Do the Magic roll the dice and keep Dwight past the deadline?

Darius Soriano, Forum Blue and Gold: Fact. I'm still not convinced Orlando has the fortitude to let Howard walk for nothing at the end of the season, and the Lakers still have the most attractive trade pieces. At some point, GMs Mitch Kupchak and Otis Smith will come to a fair deal.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
Make sure your expectations are low

so you're not disappointed

If that article on ESPN has any credibility, Howard may test FA even if he is traded to the Lakers, which boggles my mind.

Honestly, Lakers may just be in a 1 or 2 year hole for now. Unless Mitch or someone finds a way to flip Pau Gasol for some depth/role players that haven't been talked about yet (maybe Houston a good option) before the trade deadline.

Or Bynum is traded for Howard and Howard agrees to stay a Laker. Anything can happen really. Reminds me of Lebron to New York tactic, ends up in Miami. I wish we could trade for Deron Williams or had cap space this summer.

I had a friend tell me Lakers could clear space this summer by getting rid of players, but I didn't believe him. Is that possible?

As far as the cap space thing goes....it is possible.....but Very Very tricky;

Lakers, as it stands now are on the hook for $67 million (2012-13)

Luke Walton may finally be tradeable as an expirer subtract $6.1 million
Ron Artest can either reject his option or be amnestied $7.2 million
Unlikely but Bynum is a team option at.......................... $16.5 million
Pau is highly overpaid by current salaries; Trade/Amesty $19 million
DFish retires and offered a coaching contract $ 3.4 million

So, while very highly unlikely that more than 1 thing above happens, assuming that ALL of the above happens, that would leave the Lakers at $31 million which is way under the cap.....this only includes Kobe and Blake. We may also have the trade exception to use. This is how Miami did the "Big 3" thing.
This could....however unlikely....allow us to get both Howard and DWill. Then fill in roster with ring chaser veterans.

I'm not saying a single bit of this will happen, just explaining the system and the math that gives it a hypothetical chance.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Wait a minute....OK...I have a problem with today's story of Howard going to free agency even if he signs with the Lakers and the whole Chicago playing with Rose.

Both are being blown out of proportion IMO.

Howard was ALWAYS going to not sign an extension because if he ops out he will make more money signing with the team of choice. Where ever he goes he WANTS to do this because that is more money for him. If the Lakers trade for him they will have his Bird rights if I am correct and can offer Howard more money plus the chance to play in LA with Kobe.

And the whole Chicago thing...all I hear Howard say is that he likes Rose and would be nice to play with him. He never said Chicago is now on his list etc.

So we need to stop overreacting with this. The media now tries to embellish crap to get everyone talking that's all that is.

Who knows what happens now...we can all tell Howard is unhappy he would love to play with Kobe and the Lakers...and we have major peices to move to get him (Bynum Gasol TE Dallas Round 1 pick) we are still in it as ever.

All I know is it is clear as day Gasol needs to be moved...Bynum would be nice to keep but if we can get Howard C-YA Drew. If we can't get Howard I say we rebuild period. Trade all these guys for picks...including Kobe. Blow it up. I know that sounds crazy...but that's what we would need to do.

Beleieve me though...I am pisst....another year wasted of Kobe's knees. F*ck Stern.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #13
M.V.W.
I hit open layups

M.V.W. is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Wait a minute....OK...I have a problem with today's story of Howard going to free agency even if he signs with the Lakers and the whole Chicago playing with Rose.

Both are being blown out of proportion IMO.

Howard was ALWAYS going to not sign an extension because if he ops out he will make more money signing with the team of choice. Where ever he goes he WANTS to do this because that is more money for him. If the Lakers trade for him they will have his Bird rights if I am correct and can offer Howard more money plus the chance to play in LA with Kobe.

And the whole Chicago thing...all I hear Howard say is that he likes Rose and would be nice to play with him. He never said Chicago is now on his list etc.

So we need to stop overreacting with this. The media now tries to embellish crap to get everyone talking that's all that is.

Who knows what happens now...we can all tell Howard is unhappy he would love to play with Kobe and the Lakers...and we have major peices to move to get him (Bynum Gasol TE Dallas Round 1 pick) we are still in it as ever.

All I know is it is clear as day Gasol needs to be moved...Bynum would be nice to keep but if we can get Howard C-YA Drew. If we can't get Howard I say we rebuild period. Trade all these guys for picks...including Kobe. Blow it up. I know that sounds crazy...but that's what we would need to do.

Beleieve me though...I am pisst....another year wasted of Kobe's knees. F*ck Stern.

That makes sense. As for your rebuilding suggestion, I agree but Bryant has a "No trade" clause.
M.V.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: