Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: biggest overachieving and underachieving teams this year

JMT that is how much you would win on a $100 bet
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #32
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What the Bengals achieved this year is a damn miracle. They lost their starting quarterback, and 2 most productive wide recievers from last season. They were replaced by rookies. Also, offensive coordinator Jay Gruden was a new addition, trying to implement his style with the aforementioned rookies, and veterans who were used to the prior regime.

Pretty much everyone, myself included, predicted a disastrous year.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
What the Bengals achieved this year is a damn miracle. They lost their starting quarterback, and 2 most productive wide recievers from last season. They were replaced by rookies. Also, offensive coordinator Jay Gruden was a new addition, trying to implement his style with the aforementioned rookies, and veterans who were used to the prior regime.

Pretty much everyone, myself included, predicted a disastrous year.
yeah just one playoff win and I think they would be #1

no one thought San Fran would do anything at all either though...they are just one Ted Gin injury keeping him from returning punts away from being in the Super Bowl

if anyone had said the Bengals would be in the post season this year before the season started they would be laughed at for sure though
Old 01-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I expected the Cowboys to be 9-7, maybe 8-8 at the beginning of the season, I don't think they really underachieved or overachieved, they did what I expected them to do.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah i'm not seeing a problem with pt's rankings. Though I am a Cowboys fan, I personally didn't go into the season thinking they would make the playoffs. A majority of people had them finishing behind the Giants and Eagles in the division.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #36
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

If you win the superbowl the previous year and fail to win it the next year i consider that underachieving.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #37
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Yeah i'm not seeing a problem with pt's rankings. Though I am a Cowboys fan, I personally didn't go into the season thinking they would make the playoffs. A majority of people had them finishing behind the Giants and Eagles in the division.
Yeah....not sure why people are acting like Dallas was expected to go far...no one had them getting past Philly or making the post season.
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #38
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
If you win the superbowl the previous year and fail to win it the next year i consider that underachieving.
Yes the Pack did underachieve...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #39
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #40
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
What?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #41
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I think from the perspective as a fan of the team I can see how you think they underachieved, but really how many times have teams gone back to back in the NFL? It isn't the NBA where you have the dynasties popping up one after another. The Pack went 15-1 and while I consider being dropped from the playoffs so early underachieving given their regular season I wouldn't quite say their season as a whole was underachieving.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel like the Steelers kind of underachieved. I never really felt like we had a legitimate shot at the SB except for when we spanked NE.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I think from the perspective as a fan of the team I can see how you think they underachieved, but really how many times have teams gone back to back in the NFL? It isn't the NBA where you have the dynasties popping up one after another. The Pack went 15-1 and while I consider being dropped from the playoffs so early underachieving given their regular season I wouldn't quite say their season as a whole was underachieving.
before the year started if you would have told any NFL fans that the Pack would lose first round in the playoffs they would say that is below what their expectations

they did underachieve
Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #44
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What?

It's absurd. So once a team wins a Super Bowl, regardless how many in a row they might win, the year they lose they've underachieved?

The element of luck plays such a huge part in professional sports that it's ridiculous to assume anything when it comes to a one-and-done playoff scenario. Injuries, weather, officials...too many uncontrollable aspects to even count.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #45
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
before the year started if you would have told any NFL fans that the Pack would lose first round in the playoffs they would say that is below what their expectations

they did underachieve

That I can understand and agree with, but underachieving solely for not repeating as champs? Not buying it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: