Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default OT: NFL WildCard

Today the Colts and Jets play at 3. I'm going with the Colts because nobody in the Jets secondary really scares me and they don't have a power running game. Which you really don't need vs the Colts d' but out of the AFC playoff teams the Jets probably have the least intimidating running game. I say

Colts 27 Jets 17.

Dallas heads into Seattle and it's Big Bill vs Mike Holmgreen, the only coach to defeat The Tuna in a Super Bowl. The Hawks passing attack could spell doom for the Cowboys but the Hawks have a depleted secondary that the 'Boys should be able to take advantage of. The key to today's game will be the running game. Whoever's able to control time of possession will win this game. I don't really see Shaun Alexander having a big day because he isn't the fast cutback back that the Cowboys are susceptible too. My prediction

Cowboys 35 Seahawks 27.

Picks
Colts and Cowboys advance. book it
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Colts play the Chiefs not the Jets moron. If Larry Johnson gets 30+ carries the Chiefs should walk away winners. KC cant let Indy jump out on them early.

4:30pm game.

Dallas vs Seattle. I'm going Seattle with the homefield advantage and a running game that can expose Dallas defense which hasnt been all they been talked up to be. But which Matt Hasselback shows up? He needs to play better. Expect Glove 20 to run in here talkin nonsense.

Last edited by GOBB : 01-06-2007 at 01:53 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

It's early. Sue me.

Well in that case Larry Johnson will tear the Colts a new one. Larry Johnson will finish with 200 rushing yards, 50 receiving yards and a total of 4 touchdowns, 3 rushing 1 receiving.

Chiefs 45 Colts 30
Old 01-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Texas Batman your an idiot

1. You don't know your playoffs by saying Colts vs. Jets
2. You saying Seahawks (Super Bowl contenders) are going to lose in the 1st game, this team is going all the way

But I can't wait....Have been waiting a long long time for this
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
It's early. Sue me.

Well in that case Larry Johnson will tear the Colts a new one. Larry Johnson will finish with 200 rushing yards, 50 receiving yards and a total of 4 touchdowns, 3 rushing 1 receiving.

Chiefs 45 Colts 30
Everybody talks about how badly LJ will beat the Colts, how bad the Colts d-line and linebackers are; when they say this, they seem to overlook the fact that the Chiefs have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. If anything, Peyton will be the one to tear the Chiefs a new one. Its going to be high scoring, I predict Colts 42 Chiefs 31
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

OH yeah, predictions

Colts 31
Cheifs 20

Colts offense is just too good, and Manning usually does alrite in Wild Card games...So big day for Manning...Colts will have trouble stopping LJ but thats about it...Colts dominate

Seahawks 34
Cowboys 17

Seahawks offense is going to score on the Cowboys nearly every drive...And their defense is good enough to get some stops...Seahawks will dominate Time of Possesison
Old 01-06-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Texas Batman your an idiot

1. You don't know your playoffs by saying Colts vs. Jets
2. You saying Seahawks (Super Bowl contenders) are going to lose in the 1st game, this team is going all the way

But I can't wait....Have been waiting a long long time for this

I just knew they were playing an AFC afterthought today. I say Chiefs win because running, while it may not get the ball downfield like a Peyton Manning long bomb will, it does chew up the clock and keep the Colts defense on the field and Peyton Manning and co. off of it. Which in recent weeks has been a good formula for success. And the more that Indy defense is on the field against a Larry Johnson monster who gets stronger as the game goes on, the more they'll run up the score.

Peyton will be forced to make plays, but the Colts quick strike capabilities will be nullified by the Chiefs long time consuming drives. Chiefs win this game.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Glove 20 makes silly remarks its hard to even pick Seattle sometimes out of spite.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
I just knew they were playing an AFC afterthought today. I say Chiefs win because running, while it may not get the ball downfield like a Peyton Manning long bomb will, it does chew up the clock and keep the Colts defense on the field and Peyton Manning and co. off of it. Which in recent weeks has been a good formula for success. And the more that Indy defense is on the field against a Larry Johnson monster who gets stronger as the game goes on, the more they'll run up the score.

Peyton will be forced to make plays, but the Colts quick strike capabilities will be nullified by the Chiefs long time consuming drives. Chiefs win this game.
Yeah yeah, I guess your gonna have to watch the game to figure it out...

Mannning is going to just DOMINATE the Cheifs defense...Its going to be like that Colts vs. Bengals game...Sure, the Bengals had a good RB, but its not gonna be enough...

Colts win easy
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Quote:
Yeah yeah, I guess your gonna have to watch the game to figure it out...

Mannning is going to just DOMINATE the Cheifs defense...Its going to be like that Colts vs. Bengals game...Sure, the Bengals had a good RB, but its not gonna be enough...

Colts win easy

You're thinking of the wrong Johnson. Rudi Johnson isn't even in the same FAMILY TREE as Larry Johnson. Not even distant cousins. I think Rudi might even spell his last name different.

LJ's going up against the same run d' that allowed Ron Dayne to rush for over a hundred yards. Ron "Dammit Run" Dayne.

And since you're obviously a Seattle fan and I'm riding with Dallas we're not going to give any ground. So what would you like to wager?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #11
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
You're thinking of the wrong Johnson. Rudi Johnson isn't even in the same FAMILY TREE as Larry Johnson. Not even distant cousins. I think Rudi might even spell his last name different.

LJ's going up against the same run d' that allowed Ron Dayne to rush for over a hundred yards. Ron "Dammit Run" Dayne.

And since you're obviously a Seattle fan and I'm riding with Dallas we're not going to give any ground. So what would you like to wager?
Anything

I know I am going to be right
Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

if Seattle wins, Ill never be able to live over here. I've talked so much sh!t to seahawk fans. We just gotta play defense, offense will come but we have to get some stops first
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
if Seattle wins, Ill never be able to live over here. I've talked so much sh!t to seahawk fans. We just gotta play defense, offense will come but we have to get some stops first
There is no "if" Seattle wins

Seattle will win...adjust accordingly, we got avater bet don't we?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
There is no "if" Seattle wins

Seattle will win...adjust accordingly, we got avater bet don't we?

we do and i have faith in the boyz
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #15
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Dammit, an avatar bet was gonna be my choice of pistols but sizzle already beat me to it.

Alright, how about a sig bet. Winner chooses what loser's tagline is in every post for until the next game. Deal?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: