Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Kyrie Irving might play for Team Australia in Olympics

In the coming weeks, Cavaliers rookie Kyrie Irving will have a big decision to make. The repercussions from it could follow him the rest of his career.

Irving was born in Australia while his father, Drederick, played professional basketball there, and as a result has dual citizenship. He has publicly flirted with the idea of playing for Australia in the 2012 London Olympics and reiterated Friday he hasn’t made up his mind.

“Still haven’t decided,” Irving said. “Really it will come down to whether or not I want to give up my whole summer.”

It also comes down to his future intentions with Team USA, which just so happens to be led by his old college coach, Mike Krzyzewski. If Irving plays with Australia this summer, he would likely be ineligible to ever play with the Americans.

-- Akron Beacon Journal
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation
Default Re: Kyrie Irving might play for Team Australia in Olympics

I'm no Kyrie Irving fan but it would be cool to see him play with Australia. Anything to spice up the competition.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
Esto Fidelis
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Esto Fidelis has not been impressing people

Drederick is a wicked name.
Esto Fidelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
poido123
Banned

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never knew this fact

As an australian, I would love to see him in the green and gold. Having Patty Mills, Bogut and Irving in the team, might mean australia could give things a shakeup
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: