Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Terrell Owens In GQ: I'm In Hell

Quote:
Terrell Owens has always been an island of sorts. His brash personality and self-absorption routinely alienated his teammates during an NFL career that teetered between terrific and toxic, leaving him to fend for himself.

Now, at 38 and out of football, he's lonelier than ever, and running out of money. In a GQ profile, Owens comes across as wounded, broke and desperate. When people text him to ask where he is, he replies back: "I'm in hell."

But is it his own fault? That's the perennial debate on T.O., who had a heartbreaking childhood but continually pointed fingers at everyone but himself once he became an adult.

In the GQ story by Nancy Hass, Owens blames the media for not giving him a chance to rehab his injury, blames agent Drew Rosenhaus for not protecting him from a bad business arrangement, and -- perhaps most surprisingly -- blames a former team captain for his issues with former Philadelphia teammate Donovan McNabb.

Owens earned around $80 million during his NFL career, but has found himself in deep financial trouble, despite never spending lavishly. In the February edition of GQ, Owens admits to trusting the wrong people, who in turn cost him a lot of his fortune."It's not a matter of having lived too large -- he was never the type to stockpile Ferraris or build himself a compound; the flashiest car he ever drove was a Mercedes, and while he indeed racked up a few homes that cost as much as $4 million, the only crib he classifies as even mildly sick by pro-ball standards was the one he bought in Atlanta to live in during the Philly off-season.

The problem, he says, is that he's by nature too trusting, loyal to a fault, despite everyone's carping that he's selfish. It's the sad old stereotypical song of the up-from-nothing black athlete: He let other people take care of things."

Owens said financial advisers recommended by Rosenhaus lost much of his money in highly leveraged ventures, then houses and apartments he thought he could rent out in a worst case scenario became dead weight in a housing market collapse (none of the properties is particularly excessive, but total a yearly mortgage of about $750,000), and $2 million was lost in an Alabama entertainment complex investment. That venture turned out to be illegal, and also claimed former Redskins running back Clinton Portis as a victim.

"I hate myself for letting this happen," Owens told GQ. "I believed that they had my back when they said, 'You take care of the football, and we'll do the rest.' And in the end, they just basically stole from me."

Owens has also found himself friendless, thanks to a growing sense of distrust thanks to his many unfortunate dealings.He never had many friends -- teammates never called him to party, he says, wrongly assuming that he was "too big" to socialize -- and now, "I don't have no friends. I don't want no friends. That's how I feel."

And on top of that, he's battling in court with four women to whom he pays a total of $44,600 a month in child support for his four children, ages 5 to 12.

"If there's anything I'm sorry about, it's getting involved with all that." He never actually dated any of the women, he says. One was a one-night stand, the others "repeat offenders." Owens, who has never been married, concedes he is "not a very good judge of character." Still, he "never suspected they were the types to do what they done in the past year."

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...donovan-mcnabb
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Terrell Owens In GQ: I'm In Hell

it's fcked up that his 4 kids are all the result of women looking for money...

Quote:
"I don't have no friends. I don't want no friends. That's how I feel."

I actually feel a little bad for him...I hope he pulls out of this
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It sucks that all his kids came out of wedlock but he's got to look in the mirror on that one. Wear a condom, get married or abstain.

Anyway he's probably got some mental health issues. He may or may not have contemplated suicide twice. And the BS with McNabb was completely unnecessary and now he wants to blame Trotter for not apologizing? Like he couldn't make up his own mind to apologize after Trotter allegedly tore off the apology? If it's so important, why not apologize now? He needs to go get help.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Gee, how heartbreaking.

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving guy.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
And on top of that, he's battling in court with four women to whom he pays a total of $44,600 a month in child support for his four children, ages 5 to 12.

that part made me
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

if i was that rich and famous, i'd hire a female friend to sit there before and after, make the women sign papers they won't sue me, and confirm after i did not rape them. And always use a condom. If the girls say no tell them to bounce. I mean, he was famous to the point that he could walk into places and point (you, you and you). HOw the **** do these guys wind up with so many kids when any girl that doesn't follow your directions you can get rid of, snap your fingers and get another?
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
if i was that rich and famous, i'd hire a female friend to sit there before and after, make the women sign papers they won't sue me, and confirm after i did not rape them. And always use a condom. If the girls say no tell them to bounce. I mean, he was famous to the point that he could walk into places and point (you, you and you). HOw the **** do these guys wind up with so many kids when any girl that doesn't follow your directions you can get rid of, snap your fingers and get another?
yeah, I can understand ONE kid mishap...maybe even 2..but after that there is no excuse really...lots of alcohol maybe

they are warned about this too...a lot of athletes know to not even leave the rubber in the trash when they are done, cause some of these females will steal the sperm from it...take your used rubber with you
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah, I can understand ONE kid mishap...maybe even 2..but after that there is no excuse really...lots of alcohol maybe

they are warned about this too...a lot of athletes know to not even leave the rubber in the trash when they are done, cause some of these females will steal the sperm from it...take your used rubber with you
They need someone like me to be their "concious". Basically track what you spend, let you know what you can spend, and weed out the woman. For a small salary i can allow them to have a great ****ing time and still be rich when they finish playing and not have 29 bastard children. And not be in the way of the party. ANd teach them very simple ways to make sure everyone is not stealing their money.

any young, rich and doesn't want to lose his money to some skank he ****ed one night and produced a bastard child future nba or nfl star, please give me a call. My new business, BE RICH, **** HOES, AND KEEP YOUR DOUGH ENTERPRISE.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Teams have classes to teach you these things. They also have cars to take you back and forth. The NY KNicks have proffesional "watchers" for young players to follow them on the road and be bodyguard/advisor and make sure nothng bad happens. Shawne Williams had one.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
brahmabull117
Great young streetballer

brahmabull117 has an OK reputation so far

He's a ****ing moron and I have zero respect or sympathy for him

Anybody who can earn 80 million dollars and have nothing is an idiot
brahmabull117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
$44,600 a month in child support for his four children, ages 5 to 12.

Let's assume the other children are ages 7 and 9....

and child support ends when all kids turn 18 right....

what's a rough estimate on that total bill?

50K a month for child support is complete bull$hit... we have some f*cked up laws in this country.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

gold diggers mess up another athlete's life.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: