Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: It really looks like Peyton is leaving Indy, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Huge cap hit.

He's retiring or is the QB for the Colts.
What makes you so sure? No disrespect, I know you see more day today. From outside it really looks like colts are playing the role of the wife moving all her stuff out of the house. They are severing all ties with the past at the same time they draft a future qb.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #17
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Peyton isn't going to Washington, I highly would doubt that.

Miami is the most realistic place to go I think, lots of good pieces around him that's just missing a QB. Arizona would be a place I think he could do if they did end up getting rid of Kolb (they need to trade him in my opinion).
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Peyton isn't going to Washington, I highly would doubt that.

Miami is the most realistic place to go I think, lots of good pieces around him that's just missing a QB. Arizona would be a place I think he could do if they did end up getting rid of Kolb (they need to trade him in my opinion).
I think Washington is in play because it's the only realistic place he could get back a lot of his lost money. People are acting as if the $ he loses is not a big deal, he's 36, coming off an injury, and losing a shitload of money from being cut. It's important.

That said i agree with you that Miami strikes me as where he is going.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah money talks...even for people with money

I guess it just depends on how much more Wash would be willing to pay

I could see Snyder getting close to his current contract though if he thought he was healthy.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #20
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Miami is the biggest player for his services, next probably Arizona based on reports. Darkhorse Redskins just because they are retarded and would overpay for his services greatly, but I doubt he goes to Washington - I think they try to make a play for the #2 pick overall and get RGIII. Miami is probably the best spot for him IMO.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Miami would be an ideal fit. Their offensive line is good, premier WR, good running game and their defenses is well above average. Draft a QB with their 1st or 2nd to groom and let Manning play for a few years.

Niners would be another good destination but the Niners would need assurance he's 100% healthy or close to it.

After that I think it's a toss up.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Miami would be an ideal fit. Their offensive line is good, premier WR, good running game and their defenses is well above average. Draft a QB with their 1st or 2nd to groom and let Manning play for a few years.

Niners would be another good destination but the Niners would need assurance he's 100% healthy or close to it.

After that I think it's a toss up.
The problem with the Niners is they are so close to a Super Bowl IMO that they wouldn't be willing to make the concessions other teams would. You need to clear cap space and give Manning a contract that (at best) will be cap unfriendly in later years. I'm not sure if is something they could do, or would do because i'm not sure there is any way to judge if he is 100% healthy.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I think Washington is in play because it's the only realistic place he could get back a lot of his lost money. People are acting as if the $ he loses is not a big deal, he's 36, coming off an injury, and losing a shitload of money from being cut. It's important.

That said i agree with you that Miami strikes me as where he is going.

Manning said he didnt deserve to get paid for last season and that he'd totally understand if Colts didnt keep him before the roster bonus deadline. To me that says he would go where he is most comfortable, the right situation as opposed to going to the highest bidder.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Manning said he didnt deserve to get paid for last season and that he'd totally understand if Colts didnt keep him before the roster bonus deadline. To me that says he would go where he is most comfortable, the right situation as opposed to going to the highest bidder.
it's just PR talk

if he really felt that way he would give the money back then
Old 01-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think SF is a player at all for Peyton's services. They have already invested in Colin and are a very good team already, Peyton is going to be expensive for any team that is trying to sign him. It would make a lot better sense if SF just re-signs Alex Smith cheap and makes sure to return all key players on defense rather than overpay for Peyton.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Or he's just saying the right thing publicly. Do you really think he'll say differently?

And the right situation will also be highly paid, it's part of the equation. I don't think that $ wise, SF would be even remotely close to Miami, etc.

He's never going to get the type of money he is getting now again. I doubt money is not a huge factor.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I heard the Ravens could be a player here because Lewis and Reed don't have much time left...

ditch Flacco...grab Peyton...win now while they can
Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I heard the Ravens could be a player here because Lewis and Reed don't have much time left...

i can't see that, they are like the Jets, they are strapped cap wise, and have money invested in a young(ish) QB. Plus Flacco was fine, his receivers dropped balls left and right. He was better than Brady that game.

If you ditch your QB for Peyton, and Peyton gets hurt (which is very possible with this injury) you are ****ed capwise, and basically carved yourself a window where you can't win.

So if you are really good, but have a QB you need to be careful.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Washington makes the most sense. Snyder has deep pockets and Shanahan needs to prove himself badly.
Quote:

Flacco did his job last Sunday. He was clutch, played well overall, even outplayed Brady. He's not the problem and they're not replacing him.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:

Ravens are NOT a player
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: