Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default How do you like Ron Artest so far?

What do you think of Artest's game? And him as a dude?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I love watching the guy play. He tries his hardest and he's probably the best defender in the league. His shot selection leaves a lot to be desired at times when he's taking too many perimeter shots. He's unstoppable in the post against a lot of people and I'd like to see him use things other than a turnaround jumper in there more often. He's a good slasher and a good ball handler. He's a very unselfish player and he usually looks to get Kevin/Fransisco involved early.

So far he's been a great citizen here in Sacramento. It's like he's everyones favorite guy. I haven't really heard him rap so I won't comment on that.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I love watching the guy play. He tries his hardest and he's probably the best defender in the league. His shot selection leaves a lot to be desired at times when he's taking too many perimeter shots. He's unstoppable in the post against a lot of people and I'd like to see him use things other than a turnaround jumper in there more often. He's a good slasher and a good ball handler. He's a very unselfish player and he usually looks to get Kevin/Fransisco involved early.

So far he's been a great citizen here in Sacramento. It's like he's everyones favorite guy. I haven't really heard him rap so I won't comment on that.
dont bother listoning to him rap, he makes cwebb sound like tupac. lol
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
Ballings10
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ballings10 has an OK reputation so far

Agreed BM52. I think he continues being a good guy here.
Ballings10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

tru that. maybe he changed? like bonzi, jimmy jackson, cwebb, and all those other nutheads who turned into gud guys in sactown...maybe we shud see if our magic works on zach randoplh
Old 06-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

The only question I have is how much Artest should have the ball. If the offense should focus around him, or if it should be more evenly divided up

He's a matchup problem because he's hard to guard, but he's not such an unstoppable player that he should dominate it the way duncan or wade does
Old 06-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
TheGodFather_42

TheGodFather_42 has an OK reputation so far

I like Ron Artest he changed this whole team around ever since he got here kings had the 5th best record in the nba.The only thing I dont like about Ron Artest is his shot Selection.
TheGodFather_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

Yeah, Artest turned the Kings into a legit playoff contender. Not to get to the finals, but good enough to believe they can get to the second or maybe third round
Old 06-18-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I think Ron should have the ball a lot next year. I mean he's a streaky shooter but I think his shot will come back next year. His post up game is great when he goes to it and he's a very good ball handler(Adelman actually played him as a point forward a lot). Before he got suspended at the brawl he was like LIGHTS OUT scoring 25 PPG and hitting 3s and everything. Ron can definitely have a break out season next year if he keeps his head right and doesn't get suspended or anything(I don't think he will, but it's happened in the past so you never know). He was like our best offensive player and our best defensive player.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

ron shud have the ball alot he is a top teir player. and it seems like bibby doesnt like playin much PG in the second half. doug christie used to take the ball up a lot too in the 2nd half. ron took sum bad shots, but those bad shots had a better shot to go in then any1 else's shot
Old 06-20-2006, 03:11 AM   #11
bd's O

bd's O has an OK reputation so far

Artest should be the number one offensive go to guy on the Kings. Yeah his shot was off a bit last season but the guy has only played 50-60 some odd games in the last 2 seasons. This year with some hard work in the off season(which we all know Ron will do) he'll come out firing and on the mark. There is really no need to discuss his defensive abilities because everybody knows he ALL-NBA defensive 1st or 2nd team year in and year out! As for him as a dude well what better place in the NBA is there for him to come to to help re-hab his image. He's given a whole new start here in Sacramento and has all the love of the community and the fans.
bd's O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
sac#1

sac#1 has an OK reputation so far

Great defender and great in postup play. but i dont like him having the ball all the time, and i got frustrated after some of his jumpshots on the playoff.
Next season team will be better once he get in shape and they get a better chemesty!
sac#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: