Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #16
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Commentary on Carmelo Anthony's struggles in NY

I forgot Gerald Wallace was in the league (probably because I can't stand watching Portland games).

I like him.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This is pure comedy.
Is it really? LeBron James and Kevin Durant are clearly superior players.

Given the fact that Rudy Gay and Danny Granger produce while NEVER getting the bad teammate rep maybe its not too far fetched for people to prefer them over Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony is a well known douche-nozzle off the court. I've always been one of those people to not care about off-court entourages/behavior but maybe that behavior extends into the locker room as well.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Is it really? LeBron James and Kevin Durant are clearly superior players.

Given the fact that Rudy Gay and Danny Granger produce while NEVER getting the bad teammate rep maybe its not too far fetched for people to prefer them over Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony is a well known douche-nozzle off the court. I've always been one of those people to not care about off-court entourages/behavior but maybe that behavior extends into the locker room as well.

Only Lebron is clearly superior. Durant is questionable. Granger and Gay aren't even in the same category.

Since when is Anthony known to be a douche off the court? What has he ever done to get a bad reputation?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Are you serious? Rudy Gay's had a bad rep since he was @ UCONN. I should know. I'm a HUGE UCONN fan. Rudy Gay is as big a black whole as Melo. Add to that the fact that he can't pass as well. The only reason why he doesn't take as many bad shots is because the Grizzlies had a breakout performance in last year's playoffs and he'd look like a fool if he reverted back to his old ways.

End of the day, I'd take Melo over Rudy and Danny any day...n that's not a knock on them. We have arguably the most clutch player in the league.

I thought Melo's comments were very telling and encouraging regarding his injury. He said he was pressing and trying to do too much. He said he wanted his teammates to know he could step up and play through injuries. As a result, he said he failed because he was trying to be "superman" and ended up hurting his team.

I'm glas he came to that realization and did what's best for the team by resting. I have no faith in D'antoni and I thik if Melo wanted to badenough, he'd still be out there...hurt and all.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Only Lebron is clearly superior. Durant is questionable. Granger and Gay aren't even in the same category.

Since when is Anthony known to be a douche off the court? What has he ever done to get a bad reputation?
I'm not going to argue who is better of all the SFs in the league. Just I don't see how it is insane for someone to be so turned off by Carmelo's antics that they prefer another player.

I went through a SERIOUS club hopping phase. I seen many NBA guys out on the town. It's part of the reason that so many scouts I met started talking to me cause I could see how many guys behaved off the court when the press has no real chance at seeing them.

A Carmelo Anthony story to explain what I'm talking about.... Melo goes to a club, orders a shot of Louis XIII. Now remember XIII cost about $150 a shot. Melo downs the shot, take the shot glass, tosses it at the wall, then walks off. Doesn't pay, apologize, or explain. Simply walks away.

Also, I'm not saying Carmelo is the worst of the worst. There are A LOT of jackholes in the NBA, including one guy I know without a doubt who was moonlighting as his team's weed dealer. Just saying it is possible for someone to have had enough.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Sarcastic

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm not going to argue who is better of all the SFs in the league. Just I don't see how it is insane for someone to be so turned off by Carmelo's antics that they prefer another player.

I went through a SERIOUS club hopping phase. I seen many NBA guys out on the town. It's part of the reason that so many scouts I met started talking to me cause I could see how many guys behaved off the court when the press has no real chance at seeing them.

A Carmelo Anthony story to explain what I'm talking about.... Melo goes to a club, orders a shot of Louis XIII. Now remember XIII cost about $150 a shot. Melo downs the shot, take the shot glass, tosses it at the wall, then walks off. Doesn't pay, apologize, or explain. Simply walks away.

Also, I'm not saying Carmelo is the worst of the worst. There are A LOT of jackholes in the NBA, including one guy I know without a doubt who was moonlighting as his team's weed dealer. Just saying it is possible for someone to have had enough.

Michael Jordan once bumped my friend's girl friend out of the way to skip the line at a Miami night club (Nikki Beach). That's a pretty douchey thing to do, isn't it? Bumping a girl out of the way and not apologizing?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

What a turd.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
Sarcastic

I'm not even making that story up. She got all pissed off, and my friend was like "stfu, you don't who that is?"
Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hell, didn't LeBron run up a 800 dollar tab and only tip 10 bucks?

That's being a cheapskate, not a bad citizen or athlete though.

I was expecting to hear Melo was slapping people around or doing illegal shit.

"threw a shot glass against the wall"

Come on KO, you got athletes getting arrested, not support their kids, gun charges and so forth.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I saw him pee on a box of kittens once. It was strangely arousing.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
I saw him pee on a box of kittens once. It was strangely arousing.

Maybe he was on LSD, and thought they were on fire.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Damn hippies.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Lebron and Durant are clearly and unquestionably better than Melo its utterly ridiculous to even doubt how these 2 guys can score and make there teammates better and exudes leadership speaking of leadership, Paul Pierce has been better (although he is older and not athletic), the other guy funny enough that I would take wasnt Danger Granger or Rudy but Gerald Crash Wallace.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #29
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Gotta love Crash. He's a Foam Guy. Fills in all the cracks.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Gotta love Crash. He's a Foam Guy. Fills in all the cracks.
Crash is a quiet difference maker. Such a great team player gives it up on both ends. He is so coachable. He could have been a franchise player but he was stuck on the Bobcats in his prime.

So for the record...
LBJ, Durant, WheelChair, Crash I would take over Melo personally.

Would the current Knicks record be better probably with LBJ and Durant. WheelChair he's kind of older but he is pretty go to and the stupidity on the court would be put to a stop. I think he would put the players and coaches on notice.

Crash maybe things would be the same but more competitive nightly.

Last edited by Rameek : 01-29-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: