Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Do you agree with Rob Parker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

I never said anything about Tom Brady and his playoff record.
don't be deliberately obtuse, playoff performance. A colt fan should understand playoff performance is not the overriding factor in saying if a QB is good or not, because it's the argument the Peyton haters use, his performance in the playoffs is below his normal performance. THat you would say the last 11 games of Brady indicate something i find ironic, unless you agree with the Peyton detractors.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's not the end all, be all, I never said it was. You find me where I said that.

BTW, Peyton has played fine in the playoffs for numerous years straight. He hasn't had a "bad" playoff game since 2006 when we won the superbowl.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's true. Did you see after the Giants game? Not only did some call the Giants lucky, but EVERY SINGLE GAME that Eli won this year, and in 2007 were explained away. We are basically on the verge of a 2nd gift superbowl.

You did get lucky at times, but luck is a part of football. I don't know why you're so opposed to it. I wouldn't say you got lucky against the Packers, just that they played really poorly and self-destructed over-and-over again (granted, some would call that the Giants getting lucky).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
You did get lucky at times, but luck is a part of football. I don't know why you're so opposed to it. I wouldn't say you got lucky against the Packers, just that they played really poorly and self-destructed over-and-over again (granted, some would call that the Giants getting lucky).
The better team wins the game. When you lose, and immediately start discrediting the other team's performance, it's not something i believe in. It's just a ***** thing to do. it's not something i did when i played sports, it's not something i do when people win games.

A win here and there is lucky. Teams don't luck into the playoffs and then luck into titles and they certainly don't luck into multiple titles.

"We lost but they were just lucky" is the lament of the loser.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

The better team doesn't always win. Why do you have a problem accepting the Giants weren't always the best team when they won? They won, so why does that matter? Saying a team is lucky doesn't really discredit the accomplishment that much.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
JellyBean
College superstar

Nope. Tom Brady has done well, overall, in the playoffs. Using Rob Parker's logic, Joe Montana never got it done, and Joe was one heck of a QB. Or my all-time favorite QB, Roger Staubach. To me, Tom Brady has done well.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
The better team doesn't always win. Why do you have a problem accepting the Giants weren't always the best team when they won? They won, so why does that matter? Saying a team is lucky doesn't really discredit the accomplishment that much.
You proved Niko's point. Eli and the Giants dont win the games they luck into it. The better team has won whether luck is involved or not.

The Pats were lucky the Raven's missed the field goal?
The Giants were lucky that Ginn wasnt returning punts?

I do personally think Brady has something to prove because its been a while since he's held the Lombardi trophy. No matter what he is still a HOF'er and the Pats are still one of the greatest teams since 2000 an era matched by none and followed only by the Steelers.

As a Jet fan I am rooting for a TIE.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: