Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #16
ClutchBucketz
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Lakers May Sign Gilbert Arenas

Arenas should do well in a veteran squad, he still has that fire and i think the past few years may have been a little humbling for him. Well at least i hope so.
ClutchBucketz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
cut kapono/murphy both and sign arenas.

Kepp the 15th spot for 1 of the guys who are in china

Yes, we definitely have to be very focused on China (Aaron Brooks), If I owned the Lakers I'd be offering the Chinese team money to release him early......as in NOW if we could make a deal with him.

Isn't it funny that this team would be better off with Sasha or Farmar right now.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yes, we definitely have to be very focused on China (Aaron Brooks), If I owned the Lakers I'd be offering the Chinese team money to release him early......as in NOW if we could make a deal with him.

Isn't it funny that this team would be better off with Sasha or Farmar right now.

this team has became a joke right now. Other than Kobe there is nobody in hell who can create for himself or the team.

giving up Odom for nothing is really hurting the lakers. No matter how hurt Odom was I would keep him till I get something substantial for him

All these guys Kapono/Murphy & to an extent McRoberts are just trash. Atleast McRoberts bring hustle but thats about it

There is NO talent on this team. Pau Gasol freaking asked for touches and then went 6/18. I dont want him to ask/compain for touches anymore. Pathetic how a guy can go from Top to Bottom so quickly is beyond my understanding

Bynum played great 1st 5 games and then he is just disappearing now. NOT talking about Offensive side but Defense and rebounding. To me it feels like he has NO ENERGY/EXCITEMENT to play the game. He is just there going through the motions.

Artest is PLAIN TRASH. He was good in clippers game but then he took 6 3ptrs last night and made 1. He let Mike Dunleavey have a career night....freaking Mike Dunleavey...so much for getting bored of playing defense. if you are that bored give us back the money and GTFO

I am just so pissed right now.....Jim Buss is ruining the lakers

this morning i heard Mitch Kupchake might be leaving too..
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
DKLaker

Word is that the Lakers are leaning against signing Arenas
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

I don't know why they don't give him a shot...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I don't know why they don't give him a shot...

Simply because in the past two games, Goudelock has been a nice bench player. Giving us easy points on jumpers. The way he dribbles, the way he looks for his spots looks like he knows exactly what he is doing. I believe he is more NBA ready.

Another Booby Gibson perhaps? Maybe. As long as Goudelock is putting up 10 ppg off the bench, we wont need another guard. Just move Fish to the bench when Blake comes back, thats all.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Simply because in the past two games, Goudelock has been a nice bench player. Giving us easy points on jumpers. The way he dribbles, the way he looks for his spots looks like he knows exactly what he is doing. I believe he is more NBA ready.

Another Booby Gibson perhaps? Maybe. As long as Goudelock is putting up 10 ppg off the bench, we wont need another guard. Just move Fish to the bench when Blake comes back, thats all.

2 Games.....really???
Curb your enthusiasm

I remember Travis Knight playing great basketball for the Lakers for at least half a season before becoming a complete BUST!!!!!!!

And please tell me that Farmar, Sasha, Shannon Brown......and even Smush didn't have a better 2 game stretch.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
2 Games.....really???
Curb your enthusiasm

I remember Travis Knight playing great basketball for the Lakers for at least half a season before becoming a complete BUST!!!!!!!

And please tell me that Farmar, Sasha, Farmar......and even Smush didn't have a better 2 game stretch.
yeah, 2 games.

What I am saying is, as long as he performs well, maybe the lakers don't feel that desperate to sign Gilbo. Why add more salary when a cheap rookie is already helping out in some games?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2012/02/...ng-thinks.html

From another site. So Arenas got the Kobe surgery huh ? that makes me interested.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Not like I am leaning towards arenas or anything, but if we were to sign him, and start him...do we give the backup minutes to Fisher or to Goudelock? The world may never know...
Old 02-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #26
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

Quote:
Not like I am leaning towards arenas or anything, but if we were to sign him, and start him...do we give the backup minutes to Fisher or to Goudelock? The world may never know...

I like Fish off the bench...no way though Arenas would start.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
DKLaker

Quote:

Easy....GLock off the bench, DFish in the last minute for 1 shot
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Easy....GLock off the bench, DFish in the last minute for 1 shot

loool Okay that was actually very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
I like Fish off the bench...no way though Arenas would start.

I actually think if Gilbert was on a team, he would still be a starter. I wouldn't sign him unless we planned on starting him, simply because our bench with full strength would be pretty good already. Combine Goudelock's success with Steve Blake's consistent outside shooting, and we got enough offense generated from one of the most important aspects of the game.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #29
insidehoops
Administrator

The latest:

Free-agent guard Gilbert Arenas conducted a workout in the Los Angeles area Sunday that was attended by Lakers officials, the three-time All-Star confirmed to SI.com via text message.
Arenas has been working out in Orlando since being cut by the Magic on Dec. 9, when they used their amnesty clause on the 30-year-old who is owed a combined $62 million over the next three seasons.
Sources said he has worked his way into shape and is feeling better than he has in years after having the same platelet-rich therapy treatment conducted on his knees that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant and Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez went through. Arenas also had the procedure done on his hips as a preemptive measure that is often used on athletes who, like Arenas, have a history of knee problems.

-- Sports Illustrated
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: