Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #31
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
You are on a roll my friend

Using an obvious blowout game as an example
Everyone on earth knew the game was going to be a blowout......Vegas had the Lakers favored by 13 to 15 points......their biggest spread of the year.
Kobe knew that he was not going to play in the 4th quarter so yeah, he was trying to get his points before he sat.....so what?????
Come on man, they weren't even playing a real basketball team.

That's like you telling me you scored 100 points in a game as an adult playing against 8 year olds.

If you want to give an example, pick a real game. You put these chumps in a real game and you will see how they melt like cheese.......haven't you been watching this year?
It's easy to play with no pressure....anyone can look good.

I don't know what to say to you about what you believe......apparently it's not the obvious stuff so, i'll leave it at that.

Last time I checked, that game against charlotte was 1 out of 66 on the schedule.

Number 2, Charlotte was one of those teams that always had the lakers' number. We used to ALWAYS lose to charlotte the same way we would lose in portland, which by the way, we ended up winning last season or the one before that IN portland. You know whats even funnier about that? Kobe didn't play that game.

Im not trying to downplay Kobe's importance to this team. Most of the time his shooting is great. That does leave the rest of the time when it doesn't work. When he's missing shots, and I mean layups, jumpers, free throws...then he has no business shooting the lakers out of a game, where we are already up by 20+ points.

The problem is when he misses shots, he keeps shooting endlessly, ignoring his teammates.

We don't need Carmelo sharing that same "success", or lack thereof.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #32
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Last time I checked, that game against charlotte was 1 out of 66 on the schedule.

Number 2, Charlotte was one of those teams that always had the lakers' number. We used to ALWAYS lose to charlotte the same way we would lose in portland, which by the way, we ended up winning last season or the one before that IN portland. You know whats even funnier about that? Kobe didn't play that game.

Im not trying to downplay Kobe's importance to this team. Most of the time his shooting is great. That does leave the rest of the time when it doesn't work. When he's missing shots, and I mean layups, jumpers, free throws...then he has no business shooting the lakers out of a game, where we are already up by 20+ points.

The problem is when he misses shots, he keeps shooting endlessly, ignoring his teammates.

We don't need Carmelo sharing that same "success", or lack thereof.

LMAO........Kobe has tried to show guys like you what happens if he passes to these clowns and doesn't shoot so much.......the Lakers lose and then people complain.......you can't please everyone

What game did he ever shoot the Lakers out of a 20 point lead in his career??? The Lakers were in no danger of losing the game to the Bobcats....none whatsoever, you don't seem to understand that
This is not the same team that has beaten the Lakers in the past

Obviously you missed the Olympics if you really think Kobe won't pass the ball to GOOD players who will actually COMPETE TO WIN. Do we have that now on this team
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
LMAO........Kobe has tried to show guys like you what happens if he passes to these clowns and doesn't shoot so much.......the Lakers lose and then people complain.......you can't please everyone

What game did he ever shoot the Lakers out of a 20 point lead in his career??? The Lakers were in no danger of losing the game to the Bobcats....none whatsoever, you don't seem to understand that
This is not the same team that has beaten the Lakers in the past

Obviously you missed the Olympics if you really think Kobe won't pass the ball to GOOD players who will actually COMPETE TO WIN. Do we have that now on this team

DK,

You're missing my point of what I would like to see out of Kobe. He is an extremist in the way he plays. He's either shooting way too much, or he's passing way too much. He doesn't look to take advantage of opportunities. If he is shooting a lot during games, and he sees a wide open three point shooter, he will shoot with two guys on him, because today hes in shooting mode. If hes wide open under the basket, but hes passing today, he makes a pass to a covered man. He doesn't have a balance!!! For Christ sakes it would do my heart, and my high blood pressure a favor, if the guy made the correct decision every time down the court.

Do you think all of Kobe's decisions are great decisions?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #34
DKLaker

Quote:
DK,

You're missing my point of what I would like to see out of Kobe. He is an extremist in the way he plays. He's either shooting way too much, or he's passing way too much. He doesn't look to take advantage of opportunities. If he is shooting a lot during games, and he sees a wide open three point shooter, he will shoot with two guys on him, because today hes in shooting mode. If hes wide open under the basket, but hes passing today, he makes a pass to a covered man. He doesn't have a balance!!! For Christ sakes it would do my heart, and my high blood pressure a favor, if the guy made the correct decision every time down the court.

Do you think all of Kobe's decisions are great decisions?

I agree with everything you said......every bit of it.
My point is that THIS is who he is, at this age he is not going to change.....if you expect him to change you will lose your mind.
You have to take the good with the bad......I think things have worked out perfectly all things considered. The energy that guys spend complaining about him would be much better spent on the guys who aren't doing a damn thing on our team.....and we have a ton of them!!!!!
If Kobe had better teammates or teammates who were playing up to their ability and were giving an all out effort, Kobe would trust them....who the hell can he trust on this team right now??? Mini-Mamba aka G-Lock???
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I agree with everything you said......every bit of it.
My point is that THIS is who he is, at this age he is not going to change.....if you expect him to change you will lose your mind.
You have to take the good with the bad......I think things have worked out perfectly all things considered. The energy that guys spend complaining about him would be much better spent on the guys who aren't doing a damn thing on our team.....and we have a ton of them!!!!!
If Kobe had better teammates or teammates who were playing up to their ability and were giving an all out effort, Kobe would trust them....who the hell can he trust on this team right now??? Mini-Mamba aka G-Lock???

Finally! We've met at the common ground. *sigh of relief*

Well, I personally felt that guys like Kapono, McRoberts, and Murphy were proven players. Kobe just has to trust his tools. He can't make the excuse that he doesn't have help anymore IMO.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #36
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Finally! We've met at the common ground. *sigh of relief*

Well, I personally felt that guys like Kapono, McRoberts, and Murphy were proven players. Kobe just has to trust his tools. He can't make the excuse that he doesn't have help anymore IMO.

Excuse me for butting in, DK would probably brand me as a Kobe basher but I really think Kobe has been "trying" to trust his teammates after the game in Denver last Jan 1. Sure he had a couple of games with less than 4 assists but 2 of them were blowouts so....
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #37
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Excuse me for butting in, DK would probably brand me as a Kobe basher but I really think Kobe has been "trying" to trust his teammates after the game in Denver last Jan 1. Sure he had a couple of games with less than 4 assists but 2 of them were blowouts so....

HEY.....who invited you into this Just kidding

Tam...I know your heart is in the right place and I don't brand anyone in a negative light.......well except the 2 that are no longer on here....it takes a whole lot of evil acts to get me there.
I appreciate and respect all my Lakers brothers on here.

Yeah, Kobe doesn't want to do it all himself......but most importantly he wants to win.....so if guys won't step up......Metta, Pau, Barnes.....etc, then Kobe will fire away.

Lakerfreak......apparently your view of PROVEN and my view of proven are two different things......the guys you call proven haven't won anything......hitting a few shots in meaningless games on losing teams doesn't mean crap to me......i'm not saying they are not good players....but proven???
I mean could any of those guys take over 1 game out of 10 if we let them shoot away 20+ shots? I say no way in hell.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-04-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

Lakerfreak......apparently your view of PROVEN and my view of proven are two different things......the guys you call proven haven't won anything......hitting a few shots in meaningless games on losing teams doesn't mean crap to me......i'm not saying they are not good players....but proven???
I mean could any of those guys take over 1 game out of 10 if we let them shoot away 20+ shots? I say no way in hell.

So let me continue this portion, how many guys on other teams can take over games? Don't count superstars, because they all take over games.

They're just role players. they do their part. I look at a guy like Kapono, and Murphy, and I say "hey, these guys have found a way to stay in the league for a decade or more...they're doing something right." Then they go to different teams, and their role never changes. Kapono hits the three....always was known for that, Murphy is a rebounding complimentary player that hits his open shots and makes other unproven guys like Goudelock look good.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #39
DKLaker

Quote:
So let me continue this portion, how many guys on other teams can take over games? Don't count superstars, because they all take over games.

They're just role players. they do their part. I look at a guy like Kapono, and Murphy, and I say "hey, these guys have found a way to stay in the league for a decade or more...they're doing something right." Then they go to different teams, and their role never changes. Kapono hits the three....always was known for that, Murphy is a rebounding complimentary player that hits his open shots and makes other unproven guys like Goudelock look good.

Again.....PROVEN????? Please explain your definition.

Even Shannon Brown, Farmar and Sasha.....Lamar.......even Smush, have taken over games (Largely with Kobe out and we needed the scoring).
Look at all the 2nd string and 3rd string PG's who have taken over games and killed us over the years......Drew freaking Gooden took over a game to beat us.......tons of guys in the league have taken over games off the bench to win games. Take Kobe out of the next 10 games and the guys you mentioned won't be a factor. Just because guys have been in the league X amount of years doesn't mean they're PROVEN......Is Luke PROVEN????
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Again.....PROVEN????? Please explain your definition.

Even Shannon Brown, Farmar and Sasha.....Lamar.......even Smush, have taken over games (Largely with Kobe out and we needed the scoring).
Look at all the 2nd string and 3rd string PG's who have taken over games and killed us over the years......Drew freaking Gooden took over a game to beat us.......tons of guys in the league have taken over games off the bench to win games. Take Kobe out of the next 10 games and the guys you mentioned won't be a factor. Just because guys have been in the league X amount of years doesn't mean they're PROVEN......Is Luke PROVEN????

There is a difference, in my humble opinion, between someone who gets hot in games, and someone who takes over completely. When Kobe is taking over for example, he controls the tempo of the lakers, as well as the other team.

When Smush or Sasha hit 4-5 shots in a row, it does not necessarily mean to me that they took over the game. See my point? Your point about Drew Gooden helps me a lot, because he is a proven player. He's lasted in the league. He gets a double double without coaches drawing plays for him.

I do think that someone who has lasted in the league, has lasted for a good reason. It means they are proven to be useful. Kapono has one of the greatest 3 point percentages in NBA history. He's a proven shooter. Troy Murphy is a proven veteran who has played on some pretty damn good teams in his career, with him being one of the best players.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
DKLaker

Quote:
There is a difference, in my humble opinion, between someone who gets hot in games, and someone who takes over completely. When Kobe is taking over for example, he controls the tempo of the lakers, as well as the other team.

When Smush or Sasha hit 4-5 shots in a row, it does not necessarily mean to me that they took over the game. See my point? Your point about Drew Gooden helps me a lot, because he is a proven player. He's lasted in the league. He gets a double double without coaches drawing plays for him.

I do think that someone who has lasted in the league, has lasted for a good reason. It means they are proven to be useful. Kapono has one of the greatest 3 point percentages in NBA history. He's a proven shooter. Troy Murphy is a proven veteran who has played on some pretty damn good teams in his career, with him being one of the best players.

Ok, I'll give you Troy Murphy.....I've always liked his game and wanted him here for years.....but he's clearly past his prime. Kapono......Nah....no way
he's a niche guy...those can last in the league much longer without doing much as long as they don't make waves or upset anyone. Kapono has only started 87 games in his 9 year career. Kapono has played in only 10 playoff games.

Mc Roberts.....proven??? I like the guy and feel he should get a lot more minutes on a consistent basis.....as in every game, but proven

Guy's you call proven, I would call "Functional" at best.

How about this fact for you......Luke Walton is also in his 9th season, just like Kapono........but Luke has actually started in 138 games!!!! Proven.....hell no.

As for Sasha and Smush.....there were games that were close and they got hot to put the game away.....along with making key defensive plays.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-05-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #42
dd24
College superstar

I think to a certain extent you guys mean the same thing.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #43
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think to a certain extent you guys mean the same thing.

Possibly, but this is why I asked for his definition first.

I now think that he trusts those guys far more than I do.....I assume that is the difference. I'd rather trust a guy who has been around 2 years and is getting it done than a 9 year guy who hasn't really established himself.
In Kapono's case he has averaged 10 points once and 8 points twice. He hasn't been as much a bust as Morrison but still just a guy who can hit some shots if completely wide open....not much of a game there which is why he doesn't play much. I wouldn't want Kobe or Bynum to pass to him unless he's wide open. He cannot create his own shot, doesn't play much defense. Hasn't established his shooting under pressure like a Horry, DFish, Kerr, Coop....those types......so I cannot use the word Proven.....what has he proved???????
Where is the proof or the "Signature" games????
Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #44
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Ok, I'll give you Troy Murphy.....I've always liked his game and wanted him here for years.....but he's clearly past his prime. Kapono......Nah....no way
he's a niche guy...those can last in the league much longer without doing much as long as they don't make waves or upset anyone. Kapono has only started 87 games in his 9 year career. Kapono has played in only 10 playoff games.

Mc Roberts.....proven??? I like the guy and feel he should get a lot more minutes on a consistent basis.....as in every game, but proven

Guy's you call proven, I would call "Functional" at best.

How about this fact for you......Luke Walton is also in his 9th season, just like Kapono........but Luke has actually started in 138 games!!!! Proven.....hell no.

As for Sasha and Smush.....there were games that were close and they got hot to put the game away.....along with making key defensive plays.

Not that I am disagreeing, but lets examine Luke Walton as opposed to Kapono.

Kapono has been on many many teams. Everytime his contract expires, he gets new ones. Luke Walton has been locked in with his lucrative contract and it had been very difficult to get rid of him. Not to mention Luke was a Phil favorite. After this contract expires, I doubt Luke re-signs, but rather retires and looks for coaching opportunities.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #45
DKLaker

Quote:
Not that I am disagreeing, but lets examine Luke Walton as opposed to Kapono.

Kapono has been on many many teams. Everytime his contract expires, he gets new ones. Luke Walton has been locked in with his lucrative contract and it had been very difficult to get rid of him. Not to mention Luke was a Phil favorite. After this contract expires, I doubt Luke re-signs, but rather retires and looks for coaching opportunities.

Ok, I agree with you again......but if Kapono was PROVEN he would be able to stick. His career has been blah, accomplishments nil and memorable moments non existent. Hey.....Smush Parker averaged 11 points 2 seasons in a row........and we're not calling him proven.....he even had big offensive/defensive playoff games (or 1 at least).

We should throw a party once we're rid of Luke (Money Stealer) Walton's contract
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: