Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #151
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why does only Lebrons clutch failures reach criticism of epic proportions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolalaa
OK.

Lebron is now the most underrated clutch the player the league has ever seen. You only have yourselves to blame, Lebron haters.

Lebron has consistently produced in the 4th quarters of games, in the regular season and playoffs! He just has. You are either ignorant or you are trolling if you can't acknowledge this.

People now act like his performances in the 4th quarter of last years finals are the norm. This is ridiculous. He had a god damn mental breakdown! It's a joke that people say he sucks 'in the clutch' because of 1 SERIES.

Yes, the finals were completely inexcusable. I think the pressure and the scrutiny finally got to him (granted, he brought much of it on by himself). But, have you already forgotten what he did to Boston and Chicago in the previous rounds?? HE CLOSED THEM OUT.

I've watched Kobe (aka ONE OF THE MOST OVERRATED CLUTCH PERFORMERS IN NBA HISTORY) over the years repeatedly turn crunch time into a shot jacking, hero ball fest. He has failed in the clutch many, many, many, many times. He has single handily shot the Lakers out of many wins. NO ONE EVER SAYS ANYTHING

And what about Carmelo?? People actually think this guy is clutch Yes, he has hit a high percentage of game winners over his career (I think he has hit something like 19/40 if remember rightly), but in terms of producing in the 4th - certainly not better than Lebron. He has lost in the 1st round of the playoffs 7 times already!! How clutch could he really be?

Lebron can get a little tight down the stretch sometimes, and I wish he would be more aggressive - he doesn't really alter his play in crunch time. He still wants to distribute and set up his teammates - this can be good and bad.

But it's become insane.

And before you call me a Lebron Homer, or even a Kobe hater.....

- I am not a big Lebron fan. I think he is mentally weak. I'm not sure how competitive and driven he is. I don't think he's a great leader (great teammate sure, but not someone who will give an inspirational half time speech or someone that his teammates look up to for guidance. If i'm wrong about this, let me know). He doesn't always respond well to massive pressure.

- I love Kobe's desire. I love his psycho competitiveness. I love that he is consumed with basketball. He is at #9 on my all time list, and will probably end up higher.

Like the OP has said - Lebron' failures are blown to epic proportions. I suppose that comes with the territory of being the most scrutinised athlete the world has ever known

HA! Yeah right. Kobe gets scrutinized just as much as Lebron, as he should be.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #152
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Even though the Bulls lost, this is good news for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Bulls reminds me of the 2009-2010 Cavaliers. They are gonna be a dominant team in the regular season, but superior NBA teams are gonna expose them in the playoffs.

the bulls have proven themselves as tough playoff team

they had some shaky starts in last years's playoffs, and they recovered.

they are much tougher than those cavs teams
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #153
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
Watching your star player choke and confirming the fact that LeBron is STILL in his head is good news?

The same LeBron that walked down the court and promptly missed two FTs of his own
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #154
305Baller
Maybe I'm a sophist.

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

ah yes the proverbial silver lining
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #155
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This why I'm not happy if people praising Rose too much.

To be quite honest with you, Dwight is not on the level of Lebron, Wade, Rose or Durant. The other four are close to eachother if you ask me.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #156
k0kakw0rld
Local High School Star

k0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryk0kakw0rld posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BLAMING CARLOS BOOZER FOR THIBODEAU's OFFENSIVE MISTAKES

He does need to get trade because he is not a good fit for the bulls. He is not a good fit for a guy like Derrick Rose period. The man is good and thibodeau needs to understand that he won't be effective by shooting long mid range jump shots. Pick & Roll pleaaaaaaaaaaase.
k0kakw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #157
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I made this same exact thread and mine got deleted. Who the hell mods this place now??
My thread got deleted too.. the one that said Jim Buss was cleaning House. I think it was inspiredlebowski. Not sure why he did it but who am I to question a mod
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #158
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Umm, Miami ain't beating the Bulls at full-strength unless they have HCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
I don't trust Derrick Rose in the playoffs.

are u serious?.... Rose comes though down the stretch far more than he chokes.... Ask your Lakers about it. The heat just struggled to beat chicago at home without Deng.. James choked at the line with his team leading and it's Rose that you don't trust?....LMAo...
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #159
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

ChandlerParsons has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Same Old $hit.

Heat in 5.
this might not even happen omg
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #160
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
To be quite honest with you, Dwight is not on the level of Lebron, Wade, Rose or Durant. The other four are close to eachother if you ask me.
LBJ>Dwight>Wade>Durant>Rose
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #161
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Rose just took a bunch of terrible shots at the end. The missed FTs was his fault though and that was inexcusable but I don't think Lebron is really in his head still. I think Rose should attack the basket when Lebron is on him because Lebron would get blown by.

That's what I mean though. Before LeBron switched onto him midway through the 4th, dude was slicing up the Heat defense like it was butter. Then when LeBron starts guarding him.. you could just see his hesitation. He stopped making aggressive drives to the basket and would just pass off the ball to Hamilton or Boozer. It was very disappointing to see. Then when he did shoot, like you said, he was just jacking long 3's.

I don't know what it is, but he plays differently when LeBron is guarding him.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #162
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Chill out

It's a meaningless early regular season game.

This game by game overanalysing of todays players is pathetic.

Why can't people just enjoy the greatness of players like Rose & LeBron without petty whining over regular season games?

NBA players always have & always will miss game winners.Damn.

Get over it and enjoy this great player.

Last edited by 32jazz : 01-29-2012 at 06:46 PM.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #163
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BLAMING CARLOS BOOZER FOR THIBODEAU's OFFENSIVE MISTAKES

Anytime someone says a big is not a good fit for a certain system that means that player is either too 1-dimensional or too lazy and stupid to adapt to a new system.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #164
TheTruth11
Great young streetballer

TheTruth11 has an OK reputation so far

Rose did his job.... and more. He kept us in the game. And nothing he did cost us the game. The 2 free throws (yes, probably tired) were cancelled out by the same 2 missed free throws by Bron.

Good game for a guy logging heavy minutes on a banged up toe. He is every bit elite - Top 3 imo.

Last edited by TheTruth11 : 01-29-2012 at 06:47 PM.
TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #165
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: PEOPLE NEED TO STOP BLAMING CARLOS BOOZER FOR THIBODEAU's OFFENSIVE MISTAKES

there're multiple other currently active threads to discuss this
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: