Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 01-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Boozer: trade him or keep him?

I was surprised and really happy to see him start the season and play so much better than he did last season. I gave him a pass when he had a bad game the other night against the Pacers. But he sucked in the game against the Heat. So much so that I want him traded. I really would take Amar'e for him right now. I think Amar'e is just playing terrible for the Knicks but would come to Chicago and play really well with Rose. Even though he sucks defensively at least Amar'e has the ability to give the Bulls 20 PPG on a regular basis.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputationpoido123 has decent reputation
Default Re: Boozer: trade him or keep him?

We will be fine, it was a close game without deng, when the bulls match up in the finals we will have a good chance with the personnel we have. Its a team game and despite a bad game from boozer, we gave them a shake. Would be more worried if it was the first game of the finals.

Only thing I hate is the the heat ******s will be chirping all the way til our next matchup, heat fans are the worst!
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stat is an under-rated defender. I would take that trade in a heartbeat, but it will not happen and the numbers don't match up.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

he shot 5-10, 9 boards 2 TO, and 2 steals.

Hamilton shot 4-16, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 5 TOs.

He shot 6-20 in the Indiana game.

Yet no one mentions that, everyone just wants to dog pile on Boozer.

Why is everyone but Rose and Rip prone to scrutiny?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

I thought Boozer played fine. Just needs more touches. Actually I thought all team played fine.

You will always have some errors every game.

Remember, we are supposed to lose to the Heat. Everybody is.

We've been in every game we played against them. I'm confident.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
he shot 5-10, 9 boards 2 TO, and 2 steals.

Hamilton shot 4-16, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 5 TOs.

He shot 6-20 in the Indiana game.

Yet no one mentions that, everyone just wants to dog pile on Boozer.

Why is everyone but Rose and Rip prone to scrutiny?

I'm with you on this. Even though I would love to replace Boozer with someone who fits the team and payroll better, he is not at fault.

We aren't healthy, and this isn't one of those, never gonna be 100% excuses.

But we must find opportunity in this setback. I'm more angry that Butler isn't getting playing time. Butler is a 2-4 player, theoretically a 1-5 player in a pinch. The guys that are on the floor for us have had injury stretches that are fairly recent, like Taj, Boozer, Brewer, Rip, Noah. Yet, these guys are still getting bulk playing time against teams that don't exactly play clean basketball.

You say that Rose and Rip need to stop getting passes. I think Thibs needs a lot of scrutiny for how he is managing floor time for hurt veterans.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Chicago Brawls
Great young streetballer

Chicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected posterChicago Brawls is a pretty well-respected poster

The problem with Rip is that he played injuried. I thought he did a great job defending Wade, making him go around curls. He won't have 5 TO's often and he won't shoot as poorly. I never saw Wade as tired as he was in the end.

RIP was the best offseason option. He makes us better. How much better is the question the playoffs will respond.
Chicago Brawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
The problem with Rip is that he played injuried. I thought he did a great job defending Wade, making him go around curls. He won't have 5 TO's often and he won't shoot as poorly. I never saw Wade as tired as he was in the end.

RIP was the best offseason option. He makes us better. How much better is the question the playoffs will respond.

Everyone is a little dinged up on the team if you play then don't make excuses. No one made them for Booz in last year's playoffs, no one makes them for Noah who has played hurt as well.

Being hurt didn't make him fall asleep so LBJ could dunk over Lucas either.

People just can't even say that he's playing poorly.....he shot 6-20 vs the Pacers too....I guess we can give him an excuse for that as well.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Everyone is a little dinged up on the team if you play then don't make excuses. No one made them for Booz in last year's playoffs, no one makes them for Noah who has played hurt as well.

Being hurt didn't make him fall asleep so LBJ could dunk over Lucas either.

People just can't even say that he's playing poorly.....he shot 6-20 vs the Pacers too....I guess we can give him an excuse for that as well.

And it's not just the shot amounts, usually three times a game he takes that weird cut around the elbow, shoots at about the free throw line and misses it every time because the power forward comes up and tips it, so it bounces off the front of the rim. He did it late in the Pacers game(about 50 seconds left), and I believe he did it sort of late in the Miami game, maybe with 3 minutes left? And I know he did against the Lakers too. It's a fine shot don't get me wrong, but don't shoot it if you're not open.

And I understand that with Deng out his shots have to come from somewhere else, but they need to be more balanced out with Rip/Boozer/Bench. Rip taking 20 shots a game is generally going to be ten too many. Coaching staff has got to work on that if Deng's going to be out extended time, or randomly throughout the season and MJ-forbid occasionally in the playoffs.

Also I agree with Crystallas, that Thibs' rotations are terrible, and getting worse. I like going for the win....in the playoffs. The first seed is nice and all, but we're only beating Miami if we're 100% regardless of the court.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

I know my hardline stances on Boozer and Hamilton may seem like I love and hate them respectively but it's not like that. I'm actually pretty lukewarm on both guys play-wise, but attitude and actually having them on my team I feel great about them, happy to have both aboard.

The problem I'm seeing is Rose not having enough help on the offensive end creating shots. We have knock down shooters, but we only have one penetrate and dish guy. It gets predictable especially if you don't have offensive chemistry which we are building, but have a ways to go before developing to a championship caliber.

No one knows the exact right mixture of a Championship team, people aren't stable elements and there is no way to really, really know if they will bond. So I'm not claiming to be the authority on any of this, I'm going by my gut just like you all are. You guys know I love the Bulls, I bleed Bulls red and I'll be damned if I don't attempt to pass that love onto my seed. That's how deep it is fellas, so you know I'm not hating.

I don't think we have it again this year, but I could be wrong we could and plausibly will get better by the playoffs but I see us falling short of being the top team in the league this year.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not a matter of fact if the Bulls would take Amare, it is the matter of fact if the Knicks would be willing to take Boozer.

Boozer is the better rebounder and the slightly better defender although Amare is the better shot blocker. Amare is on another level offensively than Boozer though.

Maybe Boozer can be in the deal when the Bulls get Dwight.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Boozer does get the most blame and most of the time its undeserving or he shouldn't be the only one getting blamed. With that said I don't see any trade out there that would result in us getting back equal or better value. Keep him and hope we get the better version of him more often than not.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'm with you on this. Even though I would love to replace Boozer with someone who fits the team and payroll better, he is not at fault.

We aren't healthy, and this isn't one of those, never gonna be 100% excuses.

But we must find opportunity in this setback. I'm more angry that Butler isn't getting playing time. Butler is a 2-4 player, theoretically a 1-5 player in a pinch. The guys that are on the floor for us have had injury stretches that are fairly recent, like Taj, Boozer, Brewer, Rip, Noah. Yet, these guys are still getting bulk playing time against teams that don't exactly play clean basketball.

You say that Rose and Rip need to stop getting passes. I think Thibs needs a lot of scrutiny for how he is managing floor time for hurt veterans.

What Thibs does with rotations, substitutions, and playing time has been a concern of mine since last season. I also agree that he could do a better job in this aspect, but it seems like he is stuck in his ways because he does it all the time.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Stat is an under-rated defender. I would take that trade in a heartbeat, but it will not happen and the numbers don't match up.
His contract says otherwise. For what he's making he should be out there playing like a mad man. He's too talented to have that many 4-9, 4 rebound-type games. Booz gets more than that on a great rebounding team.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
postmupndunkit
BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ

postmupndunkit is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Amnesty his ass.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...or-all-parties
postmupndunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: