Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
strike
High School JV MVP

Default My fellow Laker fans.............

The lakers arent one of the 4/5 elite teams in the nba anymore. i think its time we face that reality. Kobe Bryant is still awesome and enjoyable to watch! So what if he's no longer the best in the nba?

The thing is, for the last few years, we've had such incredibly high expectations of the team. We aren't used to playing this badly and losing. But lets remember, only ONE team can win the title. the other 29 teams will one way or another be pissed off at the end of it all.

Just because the lakers arent one of the best teams anymore, that does not mean we can't enjoy the season. THIS core is not good enough. we all know that. So lets not get so agitated when we play badly and lose. its frustrating as hell for sure. but lets try to enjoy the season. the ups and downs, the emotions. the close games. Kobe Bryant is still one of the most elegant technically brilliant players to watch, its his last few years, lets enjoy that. If the lakers make a move or two, yes we will be elite again. We arent THAT far off. If we get far in the playoffs, its a bonus. Lets see it that way.

Its not easy for Laker fans to accept that, coz of all the incredible success we've had over the years. But lets slightly lower out expectations and ENJOY the season. Remember only a month ago we faced the prospect of NO basketball! The lakers in general have been very blessed in terms of success. So what if we have a couple years where we arent elite.

LA is still a huge market, and the Lakers are still a top top franchise in terms of attractiveness. Players will want to play for the Lakers. we WILL always attract top talent. the lakers WILL rise again. It may be this year as a result of a couple of trades, it may be in a few years. One way or another, lets try to enjoy the rest of the season without so much doom and gloom. We may have a nice surprise come playoff time.
strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
lakersNUMBA1
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: My fellow Laker fans.............

well said strike.

coming from being a huge Lakers fan, I hate to admit that we're not the team we were in 2008 - 2010. we have now became the teams from 2005 - 2007. i know were not going to the finals this year, so i don't get all bummed when we lose. the Lakers truly know what there doing when it comes to getting things done. it might take time, but things will change.
lakersNUMBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
strike
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
well said strike.

coming from being a huge Lakers fan, I hate to admit that we're not the team we were in 2008 - 2010. we have now became the teams from 2005 - 2007. i know were not going to the finals this year, so i don't get all bummed when we lose. the Lakers truly know what there doing when it comes to getting things done. it might take time, but things will change.
absolutely.

We're the Lakers. we will not be down for long
strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

Hope so...new CBA rules do hurt us though right.

We were a David Stern c0ck block away from being in it to win it.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Jim Buss will learn his lessons.

"When you have a chance for a title, you don't mess around." -PJAX
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Jim Buss will learn his lessons.

"When you have a chance for a title, you don't mess around." -PJAX

We weren't going to win anything with last year's roster either. I'm just hoping Lakers win as much as possible until they make some moves to really put them in contention.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
We weren't going to win anything with last year's roster either. I'm just hoping Lakers win as much as possible until they make some moves to really put them in contention.
Traded Lamar, Hired a Mediocre Coach, signed a lot of garbage players,.. (Although I like Troy Murphy)....Didn't even give Brian Shaw a chance.

Jim Buss is a stubborn lil B***.

Anyways, we STILL had a chance before we traded L.O. All this team needed was a SOLID SF and PG.. That's it...

Last edited by $LakerGold : 01-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Traded Lamar, Hired a Mediocre Coach, signed a lot of garbage players,.. (Although I like Troy Murphy)....Didn't even give Brian Shaw a chance.

Jim Buss is a stubborn lil B***.

Anyways, we STILL had a chance before we traded L.O. All this team needed was a SOLID SF and PG.. That's it...

Wouldn't have won squat. So they made the move for CP3, failed, Odom butt hurt and the rest is history. We would have been screwed either way, perhaps a little less if we did keep Odom and hired Shaw. I'm still hopeful for some moves.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: