Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
ForeverHeat
Banned

ForeverHeat is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Super Bowl In London?

Living in London, I think what would be even better than this is if they gave a team to London. One of the reasons soccer is sooo big is because its played worldwide. Same with basketball, which might be second fiddle to american football in the US but is ALOT more popular worldwide. American football is a really good sport but if people have no exposure to it then it has no chance to grow at all. I know alot of you will be like I dont care about the other countries but its just something to think about.

Last edited by ForeverHeat : 01-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.
ForeverHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like trying to expose the NFL to Europe but I don't think I want the Super Bowl there.

The Super Bowl is huge for a city's economy. Last year the Super Bowl brought millions upon millions of Dollars to Dallas. It is a reason the new stadium was made, to bring money to the city through events like the Super Bowl.

I would rather all that money stay in the US...our cities need help like that
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I like trying to expose the NFL to Europe but I don't think I want the Super Bowl there.

The Super Bowl is huge for a city's economy. Last year the Super Bowl brought millions upon millions of Dollars to Dallas. It is a reason the new stadium was made, to bring money to the city through events like the Super Bowl.

I would rather all that money stay in the US...our cities need help like that
The public funding that it takes to build the new stadiums you need to get the Super Bowl and all the other costs with putting on the event mitigate the profits. It's 99% a prestige "we're a big time city" thing, not economic.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The public funding that it takes to build the new stadiums you need to get the Super Bowl and all the other costs with putting on the event mitigate the profits. It's 99% a prestige "we're a big time city" thing, not economic.
it is def economic...you think Dallas made a new stadium just to say "our dick is bigger than yours"?

nope...it is to attract $$$

yeah part of that is to look better as a city, but the entire reason behind that is for the city and the local economy to grow.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Stupid idea, no europeans watch this gay sport...
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #21
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
yeah they are too busy watching dudes in short shorts kickin each other in the nuts and floppin around as if someone yanked their balls off everytime contact is made. gtfo
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #22
allabouthawks
Human highlight

allabouthawks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

i do
allabouthawks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: