Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Trade idea: by the genius lakerfreak :p

*Please Note: This trade cannot happen until before the trade dealing because players involved just signed new contracts*

Lakers trade:

Andrew Bynum
First Round Pick from Dallas
Devin Ebanks
Darius Morris

Grizzlies Trade:

Marc Gasol
Mike Conley

Obviously this is a pipe dream but allow me to explain my reasoning for this trade and how it works for both teams.

Lakers POV

1) The lakers are desperately in need of a starting worthy point guard that can contribute on both ends of the floor. The triangle is gone now and we need more than just a ball handler with a high IQ. We need a play maker that can carry a team on his back. Kobe cannot be the point guard.

2) Pau Gasol has been playing soft due to the fact he has been involved in many distractions between last season and now, which involve the breaking up between his girlfriend and him, and being involved in the trade rumors, respectively. One of the best ways I think we can get him to play happy is to show him our appreciation towards him, by making him happy, by bringing in little brother Pau. The two together would have nothing but success down low as team chemistry would be at an all time high. Not to mention, Marc fits the bill as "tough big man".

Grizzlies POV

The grizzlies have a young team. What would put them over the hump, seeing that Z-Bo is out, would be a dominant big man. The second best in the league next to dwight howard, in Andrew Bynum. Wait until Zbo comes back from injury, and you can find a trio of Rudy Gay + Zbo + Bynum one hell of a pain in the ass to face in the western conference. Sure they lose a starting PG, but they can find a way to make up for it, depending on how highly they think of Bynum.

Our starting lineup
Conley, Bryant, Barnes, Gasol, Gasol

Grizzlies starting lineup
Mayo, Allen, Gay, Randolph, Bynum

Obviously this is a ridiculous idea seeing that the grizzlies are content with their current roster. How do YOU laker fans like this deal?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Trade idea: by the genius lakerfreak :p

Honestly I would love this, cept I wouldn't trade away Morris just yet, I like that kid. Gasol/Gasol combo down low would be awesome, I wish we never would of traded him...he was just a filler at the time :/
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

I don't like it because we're stuck with the weak minded Pau.....dude has gotta go. The F.O knows this and that's why we're shopping him.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I don't like it because we're stuck with the weak minded Pau.....dude has gotta go. The F.O knows this and that's why we're shopping him.

I agree!!

I got out some old 2010 games and Pau was running the floor on almost
every play. He had 5 times the energy he seems to have now....

I think the current schedule is too intense for many NBA players right
now and many of our players are doggin' it. KB and Barnes seem in
shape.... but not many others.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
I agree!!

I got out some old 2010 games and Pau was running the floor on almost
every play. He had 5 times the energy he seems to have now....

I think the current schedule is too intense for many NBA players right
now and many of our players are doggin' it. KB and Barnes seem in
shape.... but not many others.....
Pau is playing 37 minutes per game Barnes 24. Who's in shape? It's easy to look fresh when you spend half the game sitting on the bench
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know why anyone would like Darius Morris. I mean the kid tries his best, but it's obvious he's not a true point guard. I can't believe he was compared to Andre Miller. He takes 10-15 seconds to get the offense set up, is a streaky mid range shooter, and tends to over dribble the basketball.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I don't know why anyone would like Darius Morris. I mean the kid tries his best, but it's obvious he's not a true point guard. I can't believe he was compared to Andre Miller. He takes 10-15 seconds to get the offense set up, is a streaky mid range shooter, and tends to over dribble the basketball.

I'm not a fan of his at all........BUT, I'll say this, he is just a rookie......remember Kobe as a rookie chucking up airballs against Utah in the playoffs????
It's way, way too soon to try to label or bash this kid.

Back to the TRADE issue, Last night Kevin Martin scored 31 points on 10 of 21 shooting, Luis Scola scored 15 points on 7 of 12 shooting and Goran Dragic scored 14 points on 5 of 7 shooting.
A total of 60 points on 22 of 40 shooting..........these are the 3 guys Houston wanted to give up plus a #1 pick to get Pau..........Why haven't the Lakers done this deal yet?????n Is Houston still willing to do this deal????

As far as I'm concerned it's time to stop making excuses for Pau.........seems the F.O agrees with me.

LMAO at Pau's latest excuse that he needs to be in the post instead of on the perimeter....dude was wimping out at contact in the post, that is WHY they moved him outside.
The guy's head is completely screwed up......pathetic!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 01-24-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

How about

trade rookie Jimmy Buss for veteran Jerry Buss?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #9
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Like it

Always been a fan of Conley... The Gasol brothers teaming would be nice.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
I'm not a fan of his at all........BUT, I'll say this, he is just a rookie......remember Kobe as a rookie chucking up airballs against Utah in the playoffs????

Back to the TRADE issue, Last night Kevin Martin scored 31 points on 10 of 21 shooting, Luis Scola scored 15 points on 7 of 12 shooting and Goran Dragic scored 14 points on 5 of 7 shooting.
A total of 60 points on 22 of 40 shooting..........these are the 3 guys Houston wanted to give up plus a #1 pick to get Pau..........Why haven't the Lakers done this deal yet?????n Is Houston still willing to do this deal????

As far as I'm concerned it's time to stop making excuses for Pau.........seems the F.O agrees with me.

LMAO at Pau's latest excuse that he needs to be in the post instead of on the perimeter....dude was wimping out at contact in the post, that is WHY they moved him outside.

I read somewhere on ESPN chat that Mitch wants to hold off on him for the Howard trade while Jimmy wants to trade him to get help NOW.

Rockets still very much want him and are willing to add Lowry to the deal.

I hope this deal really gets done at the deadline with the Howard trade. I would be OK with this deal instead of D Williams deal.

Raptors really want eBanks and are ready to trade Bayles for him

Atleast this adds tons of depth to our roster.

Lowry/bayles
Kobe/Martin
Barnes/martin
scola/mcRoberts
Howard/murphy

this team can make noise this year..
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Do you guys think the Grizzlies would really do this...
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I read somewhere on ESPN chat that Mitch wants to hold off on him for the Howard trade while Jimmy wants to trade him to get help NOW.

Rockets still very much want him and are willing to add Lowry to the deal.

I hope this deal really gets done at the deadline with the Howard trade. I would be OK with this deal instead of D Williams deal.

Raptors really want eBanks and are ready to trade Bayles for him

Atleast this adds tons of depth to our roster.

Lowry/bayles
Kobe/Martin
Barnes/martin
scola/mcRoberts
Howard/murphy

this team can make noise this year..

I'm starting to get pissed about the delay in doing the deal with Houston, Martin is putting up huge numbers on strong shooting %, Scola is doing his thing, Dragic is getting in where he can and doing well.........we have to do this before we lose out......the Bynum to Orlando deal can wait until the deadline for negotiation purposes......but the Houston deal is ready to go and we need to jump all over it right now!!!!

On another note.....I would LMAO if Cuban sent Odom back to us for Luke Walton and a 2nd round pick.

Last edited by DKLaker : 01-26-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yup, They should trade Pau for Kwame Brown and Smush Parker.
Kobe then leads the team to the championship just like he did in 2006 and 07.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Ahh this screwed up guy was also not a factor at all in 2008 and 09 when Bynum was barely there at all when they battled the likes of Duncan, Howard, Nene etc.
Oops I forgot, Kobe was the main reason for growing his balls..
And when he lost it, it's not Kobe's fault.
BTW when they went to the finals 3 times, the worst PG was hardly a factor at all and that coach who you referred as a mere "Ego manager"?
It's funny when they were successfull, it was all KObe, KObe, Kobe, when they lose it's the pathetic Fish, the weak Pau etc. etc.

BTW, how good is the great Avery Johnson in your eyes?
Do you still think Dirk is a soft cookie who crumbles under pressure?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #15
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

So there's actually talk about the deal with Houston??

can someone post some sources online or was it through ESPN you heard this?

I wouldn't mind acquiring lowry AND scola for Gasol and fillers? If we can get the Dwight deal with Bynum then
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: