Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Anyone missing VCDrivesaPorscheToWork now?

He was a great Nets forum poster and moderator, looks like something happened on ISH back and he left. I do not know much detail, but the Nets forum sure used to be a great place to hang out before. Perhaps the situation will change for the better if we sign Dwight and contend for playoffs next season? Even winning the lottery can get us much more attention and activity I suppose...

*sigh*
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anyone missing VCDrivesaPorscheToWork now?

IMO the nets forum was a lot more fun because the nets were still contending. that caused a lot more interest and activity here. last few years it's been all about patience, hope and disappointment... not exactly the keys to a party atmosphere.

i agree that VCDAPTW was great, but he got pretty busy with school, and i think, post-school requirements. he also tended to get into mud fights with people around ISH... probably blew his top enough times to the point that he eventually had enough.

forums in general aren't what they were, either. a whole lot of the user action has shifted to the comment-sections in sports articles or SBnation.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I believe VCDrives was exposed pretty badly in an OT thread and never came back. He was a good guy, it was just an unfortunate incident.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I believe VCDrives was exposed pretty badly in an OT thread and never came back. He was a good guy, it was just an unfortunate incident.

Yeah, how unfortunate. He was one of the moderators of Nets forum when I joined, it was a good memory.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
actually the handsome man came back under a different acct for awhile. but i do believe he got busy with life...
Old 02-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Ah ok, I did not know that. Yeah, my life has gotten a lot busier and I've been posting. And now with my Google reader feeding me news faster than this board, I don't really come as often. It's just a habit now.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I miss the guy too. He kept this place pretty tidy but I do agree that we were a playoffs team those years and everyone was active back then. I kinda wish he didnt do what he did, like why would you pretend to be someone your not on a basketball forum?

I'm definitely not as consistent as I used to be with this site but I still visit every day and try to keep this forum going. I remember when we used to be the 3rd or 4th most popular team forum behind only the Lakers and Knicks. Hopefully if this Dwight trade goes down we can attract some new posters and get back to the good ol' days.

I'm glad you guys are still here though, its great to talk to you guys once in a while. Posting in the main forum is ridic these days. Sh*ts crazy in there.

Last edited by MTing : 02-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have been busy but I think I am doing a decent job compared to the other moderators on this site.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I have been busy but I think I am doing a decent job compared to the other moderators on this site.

Yeah you are right. I do have a point to make though, it wont take that long to check on the forum and make a few posts every day or week. I do not believe VCDPTW's disappearance can be explained by him being busy all alone, there are definitely greater factors that drove him away.

To think about it, the Nets and Raptors forums were like the 2nd most active subforums back then, only the Lakers forum were more popular(and you know why). Raptors fans made great rivals against us back then, mostly because of VC, but most are actually respectful fans who knew what they were doing. The Knicks fans apparently are of much less quality(arrogant, delusional and psychotic, what other words can u use to describe?). The popularity of Knicks fans have made this place worse than ever, what a shame...
Old 02-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

let's not get carried away. ISH was always a place with a lot of knucklehead posts being made by some pretty immature people. nothing about that has changed.

it's a place with a certain kind of audience. and i'm okay posting here for now, but i certainly go to different kinds of webforums to get more than what's available here. i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of others didn't do the same, like VCDAPTW.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Yeah you are right. I do have a point to make though, it wont take that long to check on the forum and make a few posts every day or week. I do not believe VCDPTW's disappearance can be explained by him being busy all alone, there are definitely greater factors that drove him away.

To think about it, the Nets and Raptors forums were like the 2nd most active subforums back then, only the Lakers forum were more popular(and you know why). Raptors fans made great rivals against us back then, mostly because of VC, but most are actually respectful fans who knew what they were doing. The Knicks fans apparently are of much less quality(arrogant, delusional and psychotic, what other words can u use to describe?). The popularity of Knicks fans have made this place worse than ever, what a shame...

Ehh the Knicks have a few good posters. They're just drowned in the bad ones that hopped on the bandwagon after they acquired Melo. The few of the Knicks posters that have stayed with them through those tough Isaiah Years are actually knowledgeable and are good posters. And if I remember correctly there were some bad Raptors posters, I mean straight trolls. We did have a nice rivalry back then though They would always come to our forum and talk sh*t.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: