Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Where should Kenyon Martin sign? Decision may be soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
But there would be excess at the PF position. Get someone to play center.

And who would that be?

As far as I know a PF is the next best thing.

What I want to know is: Who could the Heat sign that would give the Heat a better big man rotation than Bosh-Haslem-Martin-Anthony?

nb: Why am I talking about Kenyon Martin. Dude is not good anymore and got cut by the CBA. Just so you know: Jackson Vroman is a dominant big over there. Just so you know. Jackson Vroman.

Last edited by LJJ : 02-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Trading to open up space to an oft-injured and post prime Kenyon is not a prudent decision. I think a lot of you have a misperception of what Kenyon really is. His offense is not reliable (especially that jumper), but he does bring intensity, defense, and some rebounding/shot blocking. He's a smart player, and that'll definitely help any championship team.. but let's not forget his past. He's only played 70 games 4 times in his 11 year career. He's also older than Dirk.

Bynum's played only 60+ games twice in his career and the Lakers were prepared to hand him the keys to the future of the franchise before this Dwight trade business began. How many games a guy has played doesn't factor in.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Clippers will get him and everybody will say "WTF! Why does everybody want to go to the Clippers!?". I remember just two months ago everybody was saying "Nobody wants to play for the Clippers".
Nothing against them but, in fairness, CP3 got traded (pretty sure he would have rather been a Laker) and Billups did not have a choice, so basically the only guy who chose to play qith them was 31-year-old-and-coming-off-season-ending-injury Caron Butler. Not really something to brag about, but keep it hardcore man!
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
Nothing against them but, in fairness, CP3 got traded (pretty sure he would have rather been a Laker) and Billups did not have a choice, so basically the only guy who chose to play qith them was 31-year-old-and-coming-off-season-ending-injury Caron Butler. Not really something to brag about, but keep it hardcore man!

Reggie Evans signed for minimum. Butler chose Clippers... and 31 year old or not the dude is putting up 16 ppg and was the best free agent signing of the off season who was courted hardcore by 3 teams. Then you have CP3 who talked the Clippers into not giving up on trading for him and picked up his player option for second year.

Obviously CP3 wanted to come here considering he named the Clippers as a top 3 destination.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

The Heat don't need Martin. They need an appropriately sized, competent center... not a PF who can be undersized while playing some time at the 5. There's nothing Martin can do that Bosh can't already do, besides play with a chip on his shoulder and play hard nosed defense... although Martin is getting up there in age and his defensive prowess isn't what it used to be.

The Lakers FO needs to make a run for every available player with significant playoff experience. Even if they don't need Martin to fill a certain hole, it's excellent injury insurance for Pau or McRoberts. Not to mention if they do opt to deal Pau before the deadline, you're able to bounce back a bit with a formula of McRoberts and K-Mart at the 4 spot. K-Mart's ability to spell guys at the 5 is similar to Pau's ability, aside from the fact that he's giving up three or four inches in length at the C position.

San Antonio makes sense but I'm sure K-Mart realizes the odds of the Spurs making a deep playoff run are slim. He doesn't fit in New York playing behind Amar'e. I can see the allure of playing in the city with Melo but, beyond that, there's little to be happy about playing on the Knicks.

The Clippers are the most realistic option. Young, exciting, motivated... the team has caught the eye of the entire league in a relatively short time, Chauncey is an incredible floor general that K-Mart has tons of history with, you can play the 5 with Blake at PF or play PF and play with a high flyer like DJ... and we haven't even mentioned that your starting PG is the best in the league. Plus he already lives in LA. What is there not to like?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
The Heat don't need Martin. They need an appropriately sized, competent center... not a PF who can be undersized while playing some time at the 5. There's nothing Martin can do that Bosh can't already do, besides play with a chip on his shoulder and play hard nosed defense... although Martin is getting up there in age and his defensive prowess isn't what it used to be.

The Lakers FO needs to make a run for every available player with significant playoff experience. Even if they don't need Martin to fill a certain hole, it's excellent injury insurance for Pau or McRoberts. Not to mention if they do opt to deal Pau before the deadline, you're able to bounce back a bit with a formula of McRoberts and K-Mart at the 4 spot. K-Mart's ability to spell guys at the 5 is similar to Pau's ability, aside from the fact that he's giving up three or four inches in length at the C position.

San Antonio makes sense but I'm sure K-Mart realizes the odds of the Spurs making a deep playoff run are slim. He doesn't fit in New York playing behind Amar'e. I can see the allure of playing in the city with Melo but, beyond that, there's little to be happy about playing on the Knicks.

The Clippers are the most realistic option. Young, exciting, motivated... the team has caught the eye of the entire league in a relatively short time, Chauncey is an incredible floor general that K-Mart has tons of history with, you can play the 5 with Blake at PF or play PF and play with a high flyer like DJ... and we haven't even mentioned that your starting PG is the best in the league. Plus he already lives in LA. What is there not to like?

Exactly... it's pretty much a no brainer. Thing is.... no other team can pay him as much either I believe. Clippers have two 2.8 million dollar trade exceptions and the mini mid. So he should choose Clippers for same reason Butler did. Long term contenders, fun up and coming team, in LA, can pay him the most.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #37
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
And who would that be?

As far as I know a PF is the next best thing.

What I want to know is: Who could the Heat sign that would give the Heat a better big man rotation than Bosh-Haslem-Martin-Anthony?

nb: Why am I talking about Kenyon Martin. Dude is not good anymore and got cut by the CBA. Just so you know: Jackson Vroman is a dominant big over there. Just so you know. Jackson Vroman.

Don't even know who that is. I know how crazy it sounds, but if I were Miami I would trade Chris Bosh...but it won't happen so I suppose I don't know.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #38
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
If he joins the Heat, the only way they lose the championship is if they choke it away bigtime.

Which is entirely possible considering how bad the Heat choked last year.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Don't even know who that is. I know how crazy it sounds, but if I were Miami I would trade Chris Bosh...but it won't happen so I suppose I don't know.

Hell no, Chris Bosh has been great this year. He's clutch as hell too.
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsGame
Hell no, Chris Bosh has been great this year. He's clutch as hell too.

I know they won't, but with Wade back it seems it all changes again. With Spoelstra coaching and their wanting to run, I don't think his game is maximized. That stuff catches up. And while I complain about excess, they're severely weak in the C position.

I know it won't happen, but Chris Bosh is a luxury with the Heat: a great player who can sit back and doesn't have to be great, unless they ask him to. Waste of talent, waste of competition, waste of TEAM potential.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 02-01-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Quote:
Reggie Evans signed for minimum. Butler chose Clippers... and 31 year old or not the dude is putting up 16 ppg and was the best free agent signing of the off season who was courted hardcore by 3 teams. Then you have CP3 who talked the Clippers into not giving up on trading for him and picked up his player option for second year.

Obviously CP3 wanted to come here considering he named the Clippers as a top 3 destination.
Are you seriously using Reggie Evans to validate your point? Yes, Butler chose Clippers, I already mentioned it. He is doing great and I know many teams wanted him, but let's not act like stars are lining up to play for them.

Keeping it on topic, I don't think Martin would be much of a factor for the Clippers. In fact, there are very few situations that make sense for both himself and the team signing him. The scary thing is Miami is one of them. He has made a shitload of money already and I can see him enjoying the idea of playing for a contender.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
Are you seriously using Reggie Evans to validate your point? Yes, Butler chose Clippers, I already mentioned it. He is doing great and I know many teams wanted him, but let's not act like stars are lining up to play for them.

Keeping it on topic, I don't think Martin would be much of a factor for the Clippers. In fact, there are very few situations that make sense for both himself and the team signing him. The scary thing is Miami is one of them. He has made a shitload of money already and I can see him enjoying the idea of playing for a contender.

Actually they are. Multiple stars have been linked to the Clippers and have said they would play there. Hell Deron Williams supposedly had the Clippers as a top 3 option. Nonetheless the Clippers won this offseason and Neil Olshey will win executive of the year. If you still have the mentality that the Clippers aren't among the most desirable destinations in the NBA... you are in for a lot of disappointment.

BTW are you saying Reggie Evans wouldn't be a huge role player addition to any contending team? Him and Butler both called the Clipper choice no brainers.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #43
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputation

He will go to Clippers. They can offer him money, a lot of playing time, he gets to stay in LA and experience the excitement surrounding the Clippers.

Miami can't offer him enough money, he'll be 3rd choice after Bosh and Haslem.

But IF Miami do end up getting K-Mart, I hope they don't cut Juwan Howard. He's a good dude and I want him to get a ring if Miami end up winning so he can retire in peace.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #44
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Quote:
Actually they are. Multiple stars have been linked to the Clippers and have said they would play there. Hell Deron Williams supposedly had the Clippers as a top 3 option. Nonetheless the Clippers won this offseason and Neil Olshey will win executive of the year. If you still have the mentality that the Clippers aren't among the most desirable destinations in the NBA... you are in for a lot of disappointment.

BTW are you saying Reggie Evans wouldn't be a huge role player addition to any contending team? Him and Butler both called the Clipper choice no brainers.
No, they are not. Clippers are a nice destination right now: LA, good young team... but let's not go overboard. Veterans would still rather sign for a surefire contender if they now they can get any playing time.

Reggie Evans is ok, good rebounder, not really a difference maker, just a journey man really, and you are using him to prove that guys want to play there?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
Niytrus
I hit open 5-footers

Niytrus has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

Well said - I think Przybilla would be a much better choice for the Heat if he can still play, assuming he wants to go to Miami.
Niytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: