Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed

I don't think Sheed is going to return to the NBA. If I had to make an educated guess on that whole situation it's probably more because it's tough for some of these guys to retire, especially when they think they can still compete at the level they used to. Sheed was awesome back in the day, but he was never one to hit the gym hard and take care of his body. I'm sure he's a long ways from being in game shape.

Martin isn't the type of guy I think of as a starter. I'd love to have him as a backup. He usually gets hurt and ends up sitting a bit. With this compressed schedule it's not going to be kind to a guy like him. He definitely does bring a toughness to the front line that the Lakers have lacked for a while. I know a lot of people think he's kind of a crazy guy but they actually say in the locker room he's a really good guy to have around and gets along with his teammates well too. I just don't see him as being a great solution for if the Lakers trade Pau, but with that said I'd like to see him here because he does make the team better with the current lineup.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Too late now, it looks like Kenyon is a Clipper too!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Too late now, it looks like Kenyon is a Clipper too!

WTF, I feel like we're getting raped by the Clippers

It's like...Oh....the Lakers want him? Let's interfere!!!! I'm going to start hating them very very soon.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

It's like...Oh....the Lakers want him? Let's interfere!!!! I'm going to start hating them very very soon.

When NY released Billups I thought that was a horrible mistake. He was their entire back court. He's won everywhere, and his teammates love him. He was really heated about getting let go from there. As a by product of the Clippers winning that Billups sweepstakes is he's been recruiting Martin. Since Chauncey had such a bad experience in NY I didn't think Martin would end up there and since he's tight with Martin I knew they'd have a good chance of landing him.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Clippers are such a deep team now.. and they keep taking our guys. Arghh.

All they need to do next is to trade Blake and DeAndre for Dwight. we gonna get left behind by the clippers of all teams. god help us.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

I don't see them trading Blake, even if it's for Howard.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lets be honest guys. Noone cared about going to the clippers when it was just Blake.

Players like to play with unselfish point guards, because its easy to get their attention on the offensive end, and in many cases, really good passing point guards help other players earn a lot of money and get recognized.

Players that will play with Kobe are older guys who just want to win, and are willing to take on other roles on the team, such as defending, rebounding, setting picks...etc.

If Im a free agent and I have the option to play with Nash, or Kobe, im going to say "hell yeah I wanna play with Nash...I want a chance to show what I can do".
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Lets be honest guys. Noone cared about going to the clippers when it was just Blake.

Players like to play with unselfish point guards, because its easy to get their attention on the offensive end, and in many cases, really good passing point guards help other players earn a lot of money and get recognized.

Players that will play with Kobe are older guys who just want to win, and are willing to take on other roles on the team, such as defending, rebounding, setting picks...etc.

If Im a free agent and I have the option to play with Nash, or Kobe, im going to say "hell yeah I wanna play with Nash...I want a chance to show what I can do".

Um.....I'm leaning toward agreeing with you on this but.......The Los Angeles Lakers are legendary......it's the best place to play, best city........and with Kobe you could get a ring.......but i DO see your angle completely.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #24
dd24
College superstar

I see the point, but I'm going to disagree a bit.... Guys went there for Blake Griffin. CP3 was basically a FA. For the most part he chose his destination. He chose to sign the extension to play with Griffin for the upcoming future. Butler signed with the Clips before CP3 was traded. Jordan had the opportunity to go somewhere else and decided to stay with Griffin too. Chauncey had no choice about where he ended up.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I see the point, but I'm going to disagree a bit.... Guys went there for Blake Griffin. CP3 was basically a FA. For the most part he chose his destination. He chose to sign the extension to play with Griffin for the upcoming future. Butler signed with the Clips before CP3 was traded. Jordan had the opportunity to go somewhere else and decided to stay with Griffin too. Chauncey had no choice about where he ended up.

Yes but with Chris Paul its different, because his role anyways, is to be the primary ball handler, so he knows that he will be responsible for getting Blake as many easy possessions as he can. So a good point guard can play anywhere is what Im trying to say.

I also want to add another factor. Clippers are looking like the future of the NBA. Kenyon, a veteran tough minded PF, would have liked to join clippers because he believes he can bring them to an even higher level. Dont be surprised to see veterans go to OKC, LAC, and in some cases, Miami Heat, but they're financially limited for obvious reasons.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
dd24
College superstar

Yeah, I definitely expect vets to go to places like that for the MLE or part of it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: