Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
adri41
Good High School Starter

adri41 has decent reputationadri41 has decent reputation
Default Cuban fined $75,000, Carlisle fined $35,000

....dumb.
adri41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Cuban fined $75,000, Carlisle fined $35,000

Care to add some context?
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
adri41
Good High School Starter

To why they were fined? I assumed people knew. Cuban talked about the officials after the OKC game, and in the game Carlisle kicked the ball into the stands and was ejected (though even that sounds a lot more dramatic than it actually was).
Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what? Cuban got fined for saying that?

Quote:
"All I'm saying is some of these guys are bad. Let me rephrase that. Some of these guys are having really bad nights, and it's having an impact. The league's got to come out and say, 'OK, look, we understand they're going through some tough travel or whatever. It's just the way it is.' Otherwise, if that's not an impact, you have to wonder how some of these crews are still on the court."
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cuban talked bad about the NBA referees.
Carlisle kicked a ball into a fanīs face.

Naturally Cuban gets the higher fine.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I understand protecting refs because they have a difficult job, but I fvcking hate the way Stern babies them. He HAS to understand that refs make some blatantly shitty calls that can ruin a game.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Cuban talked bad about the NBA referees.
Carlisle kicked a ball into a fanīs face.

Naturally Cuban gets the higher fine.

I didn't see it personally, but I've heard on the radio that Cube was just bitching about the reffing in the OKC game.

But that Carlisle kicked the ball and it hit some little boy in the head
He apologized but damn, I wonder what the fine would have been had Cuban kicked the ball?
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The refs were terrible that night. It's a fact. These fines get to be real stupid these days. Everything Cuban says gets put under a microscope, those comments weren't worth $75,000.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

lmfao Carlisle hit a boy in the head with a ball, hope this was caught on camera

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6q-iR0sds

looks like the ball bounced off someones face than hit a female in the back of the head, gold

Last edited by strifed169 : 02-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both are well deserved.

Owners are not supposed to go running their mouth about the refs, and a coach is certainly not supposed to kick the ball in frustration.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

I watched the game

calls went both ways, it's how it happens but you don't lose basketball games because of a few calls

it may drastically change the momentum but for the most part it doesn't directly determine the outcome (I sound like my HS coach right now )

on for the record they were livid at a no call when nowitzki went to the basket
Ibaka went straight up and down, Nowitzki initiated the contact, crowd's reaction made it seem worse but if you watch the replay a lot of those plays are good no calls

cuban shouldve learned from last year, just shut up and let your team play

carlisle is a great coach and i was disappointed in him when he hit that kid in the stands. he apologized before he left the court but i hope he got him an autographed ball or something, that was shameful

scott brooks was pleasing for him to get ejected. disappointed in that too. never liked it when coaches lobby the refs for techs and ejections.

i am just disappointed in general lol

Last edited by Burgz : 02-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
adri41
Good High School Starter

Did anyone here actually HEAR what Cuban said? He didn't say anything about it affecting the outcome of the game. He talked about the fact that a lot of nights, because of the travel and compressed schedule, officiating is suffering as much as play. I think it's a perfectly valid point.

And come on, the Carlisle thing is blown out of proportion.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
KOBEtherealKing
Laker Fans Unite'14

KOBEtherealKing has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri41
Did anyone here actually HEAR what Cuban said? He didn't say anything about it affecting the outcome of the game. He talked about the fact that a lot of nights, because of the travel and compressed schedule, officiating is suffering as much as play. I think it's a perfectly valid point.

And come on, the Carlisle thing is blown out of proportion.
Hate cuban but youre right, fines are ridiculous.

But what carlisle did was immature, that wasnt kickball, no need for coach to do that. He said he was trying to kick it to the ref lmao a ref was no where near him. His first tech was predictable I hate when coaches are on the side sometimes actually standing on the court and players aren't smart enough to run into them.
KOBEtherealKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

both deserved. its not as if cuban doesn't have a history of b*tching about the refs.

dude you won a championship last year, be a little more classy.

i'm sure he could find 75K under the cushions of 1 of his couches
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Cuban didn't deserve it, but what Carlisle did warrant something, even if it was a soft kick.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: