Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers-Warriors trade rumor from Chad Ford

Murphy, Dunleavy, 9th pick for Odom and McKie

What do you think?

I think it has definite possibilities if Murphy and Dunleavy plays up to their potential.

I like it from Golden State's point of view since they haven't won with Dunleavy and Murphy on their roster.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Magic man
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magic man has an OK reputation so far

I cannot say that I am a big fan of this trade. I like the shooting ability that it would give the Lakers, but the one thing that kept them in the Pheonix series is there athleticism. I really don't want to see the Lakers loose that edge. I think they would be loosing a TON of athleticism if they went with this trade.
Magic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Dunleavy and Murphy aren't pure athletes but they would be good enough to fit in the system I'd say. Add the #9, there are plenty athletic guys in the draft who will be available around that time also.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Murphy, Dunleavy, 9th pick for Odom and McKie

What do you think?

I think it has definite possibilities if Murphy and Dunleavy plays up to their potential.

I like it from Golden State's point of view since they haven't won with Dunleavy and Murphy on their roster.

PG - Smush Parker
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
CT - Kwame Brown

Troy Murphy's a pretty good rebounder, which is what the Los Angeles Lakers really need. The Los Angeles Lakers could use the #9 draft pick as trade bait or draft a player.

However, I have to question that the Golden State Warriors are giving up too much which is why this trade rumor doesn't make sense to me. However, a trio of Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, and Lamar Odom would be kind of crazy putting the Yay back in the Bay, making each game exciting since the days of Chris Webber, Chris Mullin, and Latrell Sprewell.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Lamar Odom
PF - Ike Diogu
CT - Adonal Foyle

Actually, this trade might make sense for both teams. Thanks for posting this.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic man
I cannot say that I am a big fan of this trade. I like the shooting ability that it would give the Lakers, but the one thing that kept them in the Pheonix series is there athleticism. I really don't want to see the Lakers loose that edge. I think they would be loosing a TON of athleticism if they went with this trade.

Man, Mike Dunleavy's a pretty good ball handler and I think he would be a nice option of bringing the ball up the court. This guy might just be a nice addition to the Triangle Offense. He's a smart player and has pretty god ballhandling skills. Furthermore, his father is coach of the Los Angeles Clippers. A rivalry between the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers might just begin. Father against Son; Civil War.

Let this trade happen. Please let it be true.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #6
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

The only reason i would kind of like this trade is because we could pick up a pretty good prospect from the draft. Maybe a rodney carney who is sort of like richard jefferson or something like that but it might not be enough. Troy Murphy is reaaaalllyyy over priced i don't know if i'm sure about this trade.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #7
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

It sounds like a pretty good trade for both teams. I would start luke walton over dunleavy because luke is such a good playmaker.

I truly believe luke walton will average 15 plus points this season, and maybe they can package the 9th pick and bynum for the 2nd pick and chris duhon. move smush to the bench to back kobe up and draft brandon roy.

pg Duhon,Roy,Vujaic
sg Kobe,Smush,Rush
sf Walton,Dunleavy,
pf Murphy,Turiaf,Cook
C Kwame,26th pick maybe Craig Smith.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
traditionone

Murphy and Brown compliment each other nicely. Murphy can float around the perimeter, leaving the paint and the dirty work for Kwame.

Dunleavy is just as good a shooter as Lamar is. He can match Lamar's season averages last year if he plays up to his potential and I think a change in scenery for him is necessary for that to happen.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. Add in the possible Marcus Banks signing, and we got a pretty good starting unit. The bench is still an issue though.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #9
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Murphy and Brown compliment each other nicely. Murphy can float around the perimeter, leaving the paint and the dirty work for Kwame.

Dunleavy is just as good a shooter as Lamar is. He can match Lamar's season averages last year if he plays up to his potential and I think a change in scenery for him is necessary for that to happen.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. Add in the possible Marcus Banks signing, and we got a pretty good starting unit. The bench is still an issue though.

Dunleavy won't be matching Lamar's season averages last season. Sorry. He may match or exceed his scoring average but won't be close with the rebounding. The assists he might be able to get. Seems like a good player for the triangle.

If the GS trade happens and is followed by a Bynum+9 for Duhon+2 then Mitch deserves GM of the year. The Bulls would pretty much be getting *****. Well not really, but they'd be taking a HUGE gamble on Bynum who hasn't shown much.

*EDIT* Dunleavy is a much better shooter than Lamar is. The Lakers would basically be pulling off two rapes if both those trades happened.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #10
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
Dunleavy won't be matching Lamar's season averages last season. Sorry. He may match or exceed his scoring average but won't be close with the rebounding. The assists he might be able to get. Seems like a good player for the triangle.

I was thinking about Odom's scoring numbers.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

If CupCake makes this trade he must die!!!!!
Murphy, I like but I'm sick of the Dunleavy's and I have been for about 15 years now.
Who leaves the Lakers for Milwaukee. What a fool. I don't want any guy that came from that dumbazzes nut sac. Switch Dunleavy for Pietrus and draft Foye at 9 then I like it, but no more Dunleavys.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-22-2006 at 08:18 PM.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #12
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Old 06-23-2006, 02:27 AM   #13
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan

If the GS trade happens and is followed by a Bynum+9 for Duhon+2 then Mitch deserves GM of the year. The Bulls would pretty much be getting *****. Well not really, but they'd be taking a HUGE gamble on Bynum who hasn't shown much.

*EDIT* Dunleavy is a much better shooter than Lamar is. The Lakers would basically be pulling off two rapes if both those trades happened.

This past season Lamar Odom averaged:

14.8 Points Per Game
9.2 Rebounds Per Game
5.5 Assists Per Game
0.94 Steals Per Game
0.80 Blocks Per Game
0.481 Field Goal Percentage
0.690 Free Throw Percentage
0.372 Three Point Percentage
40.3 Minutes Played

This past season Mike Dunleavy averaged:

11.5 Points Per Game
4.9 Rebounds Per Game
2.9 Assists Per Game
0.74 Steals Per Game
0.40 Blocks Per Game
0.406 Field Goal Percentage
0.778 Free Throw Percentage
0.285 Three Point Percentage
31.8 Minutes Played

The main difference being that Lamar Odom played more minutes than Mike Dunleavy. Those minutes are really not that bad for Mike Dunleavy. Imagine his crisp passing and ball-handling skills on the Triangle Offense.

The Los Angeles Lakers's starting Power Forward this past season was Brian Cook. In this rumored trade, the Los Angeles Lakers would acquire Troy Murphy. Let's compare Troy Murphy's statistics to Brian Cook's statistics.

This past season, Troy Murphy averaged:

14.0 Points Per Game
10.0 Rebounds Per Game
1.4 Assists Per Game
0.64 Steals Per Game
0.35 Blocks Per Game
0.433 Field Goal Percentage
0.787 Free Throw Percentage
0.320 Three Point Percentage
34.0 Minutes Played

This past season, Brian Cook averaged:

7.9 Points Per Game
3.4 Rebounds Per Game
0.9 Assists Per Game
0.46 Steals Per Game
0.40 Blocks Per Game
0.511 Field Goal Percentage
0.832 Free Throw Percentage
0.429 Three Point Percentage
19.0 Points Per Game

Brian Cook would do great coming off the bench. He's more effective coming off the bench and contributing that way where as Troy Murphy would be a great addition to the Los Angeles Lakers's front court.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 AM   #14
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Uh no, Murphy and Dunleavy are too soft..
but I do think we need to trade Odom.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:53 AM   #15
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

This trade is caca. Murphys a bum all he can do is shoot and rebound(when healthy) and Dunleavy folds under pressure every time and this draft isnt that great that the Lakers need to move up that high. I say the Lakers shouldnt trade Lamar unless they get a borderline all-star in return. I really like this team as is, just add a more consisten point who can regularly hit his J and I say this team is more then fine. Move up a few spots and draft Farmar Lakers c'mon make it happen.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: