Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-23-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
the game
I airball my layups

the game has no real reputation yet.
Default Brandon Roy is a smokescreen

If the lakers acquire the 2nd pick in the draft in exchange for Lamar Odom then they will draft LaMarcus Aldridge. You never trade big for small unless you are getting a Lebron or Kobe in return. The deal will land the lakers a 12.5 million dollar trade exception which can be used to land Al Harrington. Draft Diaz with the 26th pick and we are set.

1. Diaz
2. Kobe
3. Harrington
4. Aldridge
5. Kwame/ Mihm
the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Magic man
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magic man has an OK reputation so far

I kind of like the idea of drafting Aldridge. If that happens, do we still go after Banks? What happens to the trio of Bynum, Mihm, and Brown? I think Mihm would have to go.
Magic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic man
I kind of like the idea of drafting Aldridge. If that happens, do we still go after Banks? What happens to the trio of Bynum, Mihm, and Brown? I think Mihm would have to go.

I dont know what this means...are u saying aldrige is a PG??????

he is a PF...of course we srtill go after Banks
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Magic man

Quote:
I dont know what this means...are u saying aldrige is a PG??????

he is a PF...of course we srtill go after Banks

I know that Aldridge is a PF, I was responding to the comment earlier that we should draft Diaz and go after Al Harrington. Personally I like the idea of your PG having more game experience unless its a guy that you are drafting that has overwhelming skills.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I'm beginning to believe the Lakers won't trade Odom to the Bulls.
We could use Aldridge though.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
L4k</3F4n-Angels

L4k</3F4n-Angels has an OK reputation so far

All we need is a point guard that can shoot 3's pretty average, passes good, plays defense and can rebound and score in the paint..hmm Aundre Miller? Sasha, Walton, Smush, Kwame, Cook, Bynum, these guys will be better next year! the only reason we lost to the Suns is because Smush coulldnt make nothing in that series, he had one game where he scored 20+ and then everyother game was terrible.

C Kwame
PF Odom
SF Walton
SG Kobe
PG Miller

Your gonna have 3 good passers on your team Odom Walton and Miller, you cant go wrong with this and everybody rebounds on this team
L4k</3F4n-Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4k</3F4n-Angels
All we need is a point guard that can shoot 3's pretty average, passes good, plays defense and can rebound and score in the paint..hmm Aundre Miller? Sasha, Walton, Smush, Kwame, Cook, Bynum, these guys will be better next year! the only reason we lost to the Suns is because Smush coulldnt make nothing in that series, he had one game where he scored 20+ and then everyother game was terrible.

C Kwame
PF Odom
SF Walton
SG Kobe
PG Miller

Your gonna have 3 good passers on your team Odom Walton and Miller, you cant go wrong with this and everybody rebounds on this team

well, denver wants to get rid of martin and miller. in fact, they said that they got to the point where if its possible, they're willing to just give martin up. so maybe in a 3 way deal, lakers could pick up miller/martin without trading lamar
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:09 PM   #8
Magic man

Quote:
well, denver wants to get rid of martin and miller. in fact, they said that they got to the point where if its possible, they're willing to just give martin up. so maybe in a 3 way deal, lakers could pick up miller/martin without trading lamar

I don't know exactly how this works, but don't the two of them make a pretty hefty salary? I don't think that the Lakers could shed enough salary to make this work, coud they?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

There's no way the Lakers could get KMart and Miller without giving up LO. That's just silly.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

i think three way trades help make up for the salary discrepency. many teams take on three way trades so the salaries can work out
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #11
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

I'm pretty sure the Lakers still have to give up as much salary as they're getting back.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:44 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
There's no way the Lakers could get KMart and Miller without giving up LO. That's just silly.

It could happen...how do you think the heat put together a dream team?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:12 AM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers can do that 6 player deal and get miller and martin and still keep lamar.
First we resign and trade devean george(around 6 mil.) and Mihm(around 4 mil.) and kwame(8mil.) trade and we get kmart(10mil.) and Andre miller(5mil.)
and throw in like a big guy like najera or maybe a guy like reggie evans(5mil.)
Denver wants 2 get rid of Kmart anyway..and they want to get rid of some of their beg men becuase they dont wanna pay kmart, nene, melo, and Camby 10+ mil.they cant be paying 3 forwards a center 10+ so then well take 2 bigs off of their roster.In return they would get a young atletic guard/forward that plays great defense and can shoot the 3 to play along carmelo, and a young strong big man Kwame..(kwame is not better than kmart but he is cheaper and he wont bak talk to karl(head coah) and he will rebound and play defense and run, and well give them mihm another cheap big men that has value. that leaves them with big men that they want and the other big men that they dont want they can trade in a package for another point guard or combo guard. plus they have Earl boykins and they love him in denver...as for the lakers then that would leave us with a tight as F*** team...think about this line up
C.Reggie Evans
PF.K-mart
SF.Lamar
SG.Kobe
PG.Andre miller

*off the bench
Smush Parker--Combo Guard
Jay williams--point guard(we can sign him for cheap)
Bynum--Center
Ronny Turiaf--Center/PF
And we can trade some of our players for a guard. like B. cook,Walton,Mckie,Vuajic ether one of those and our first rounder to the Bobcats for their 3rd overall pick...i unno maybe liek B. cook and Mckie for there pick...From there 3rd pick we can get Brandon Roy,sick ass combo guard off the bench and we can trade our pick and Vuajic to Houston for their pick. then we can get a guy like jj redick to give us a nice oustside touch..But the center position still needs to be filled with a nice big brusier then our roster would look good but we would still add a few players maybe through free agency...imagine...and in a few years...Brandon Roy and Bynum will be a sick 1,2 punch...kinda like and an old great laker 1,2 punch(#8 and #34)That won.....3..rings

.....NUFF SAID.................

Last edited by MJ(Mean John) : 06-24-2006 at 05:27 AM.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:45 AM   #14
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

I don't know about that trade at all. First of all reggie evans is a ball grabber i don't know if i want that kind of player. Also, he's 6'8 at center? no way. K-mart's knees have been an issue for a long time and at this point in his career i'm not sure if its worth it. Andre Miller is like the point guard lamar odom. He has amzing nights and then the next night its the exact opposite i still remember a night that he went 0-11. Plus we need a PG that can hit the trey and andre miller does not fit that description.
Also, i don't like how you traded the entire bench for brandon roy. Accordin to you roster we have a total of 10 players: 3 point guards, 2 shooting guards, 1 SF's, 2 PF's and 2 centers (if you want to call the 6'8" reggie evans a center).
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:30 AM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
I don't know about that trade at all. First of all reggie evans is a ball grabber i don't know if i want that kind of player. Also, he's 6'8 at center? no way. K-mart's knees have been an issue for a long time and at this point in his career i'm not sure if its worth it. Andre Miller is like the point guard lamar odom. He has amzing nights and then the next night its the exact opposite i still remember a night that he went 0-11. Plus we need a PG that can hit the trey and andre miller does not fit that description.
Also, i don't like how you traded the entire bench for brandon roy. Accordin to you roster we have a total of 10 players: 3 point guards, 2 shooting guards, 1 SF's, 2 PF's and 2 centers (if you want to call the 6'8" reggie evans a center).

I kno my bad..thanx for the tip..i fixed my input and wrote what i really ment cuz what i wrote b4 was missin a few things...(i rushed it...ma fualt)
good lookin out
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: