Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Thursday Night Expansion

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...odell-schedule

I don't like the idea. Primetime games shouldn't have to be for everyone. Some teams don't deserve it. I'm sorry, its just my honest opinion. Nobody wants to see the Jaguars or Rams on TV.

And this is going to put teams more at risk of injury. 14 weeks where two teams will play on four days rest is just asking for trouble.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: Thursday Night Expansion

The Jaguars were on MNF three times this year I think. The Dolphins had two MNF games, too. So I don't really agree with that part of your argument b/c crappy teams get SNF and MNF games anyways.

I actually like it as a fan. One more night of NFL football. If I were a player or coach, I'd probably feel like you. But even though you have the short turnaround, after the game, you get a longer break until the next game, so it goes both ways.

They should just build the schedules to where, for instance, SF shouldn't play at NE on Sunday, then turn around and have a Thur night game in Buffalo 4 days later. They should make it travel-friendly for teams who have a Thur night game. For example, have SF play at Seattle on Sunday, then have a home game Thu night.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a great idea, more football the better.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really view Thursday Night Football as true Primetime games...

it's only on NFL Network too...

Sunday Night, Monday Night, and Thanksgiving are the real primetime games
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

About time
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

I preferred leaving weeknights other than Monday to the college game until their season ended.

Just seems the NFL would continue to extend that courtesy to their free farm system.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Hate Thursday night games. Especially if it's your team playing one because it's like a bye week until you get to see them again.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: