Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,933
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Actually Jeffries has been the best Knick this season.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,303
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Actually Jeffries has been the best Knick this season.
Hey, I'm supposed to be the only one to defend Jeffries.

"That's my man right there", in my "Future" from 8 Mile voice.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:15 AM   #33
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,329
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Actually Jeffries has been the best Knick this season.
He's playing surprisingly well.

His offense is much improved,he even made some tough layups and hit some threes and long two's.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #34
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,933
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Even before last nights offensive explosion this guy has played hard and consistently the best defender on the floor.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

LMAO Cut it out. Jared Jeffries sucks. He could have had like 30 last night. He can't make a damn layup.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,933
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
LMAO Cut it out. Jared Jeffries sucks. He could have had like 30 last night. He can't make a damn layup.
To this point of the season I cant find another Knick who has been better or more consistent. The guy does his job every night. He contributes consistently.

Now on the flip side shouldnt we be saying this about one of the big 3? This is why the Knicks are a 10 win team.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
LMAO Cut it out. Jared Jeffries sucks. He could have had like 30 last night. He can't make a damn layup.
Jared Jeffries > Sebastian Telfair.




































Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Yea because Sebastian is on a team full of PG's...one being a Hall of Famer. Theres no way you can convince me that Jared Jeffries is better than him. So let me inform you NOW that you're wasting your time. Jared Jeffries could have three 40 point games and I'm still going to say he sucks. I've seen to much of him to be fooled.



BTW Sebastian averages more points in 7 less minutes per game.


Just found out, Jeffries is shooting a career best 69% from the FT line.

You guys love to shoot my suggestions down, but the facts are the facts.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,303
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea because Sebastian is on a team full of PG's...one being a Hall of Famer. Theres no way you can convince me that Jared Jeffries is better than him. So let me inform you NOW that you're wasting your time. Jared Jeffries could have three 40 point games and I'm still going to say he sucks. I've seen to much of him to be fooled.



BTW Sebastian averages more points in 7 less minutes per game.


Just found out, Jeffries is shooting a career best 69% from the FT line.

You guys love to shoot my suggestions down, but the facts are the facts.
Jeffries is not an offensive player, it's not his game, and we all know it.

He is a hustle player, and he is a solid defender.

He guards 1-5 on the court, and is a terrific help defender.

Fans may not appreciate a guy who doesn't score, and that's only because if you're not a scorer, you have to be a scrub, but believe me, his teammates do appreciate what he does out there.

What's crazy though is Jeffries actually has been good offensively.

If he doesn't score, he usually will get the offensive board or get fouled.

My only issue with him is that since he is a situational player, he can't be on the floor that long.

Now the question to be asked is.....why foul a guy who can't make a layup consistently?

OAN Telfair is garbage man.

I do find it interesting that you can get on Jeffries because of his lack of offense, yet you can defend Telfair where as a pg his offense is even worse.

The kid can't shoot a lick, and his defense is atrocious, and turnover prone at that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #40
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

You post proved nothing more than the fact you listen to the media.

I think I clash with you guys alot because I refuse to lie to my own eyes. You guys, most of which have a pretty good amount of basketball knowledge, can watch the Knicks regularly. You'll see Jared Jeffries stink the place up, but because Al Trautwig or Jon Barry or somebody tells you "he can guard 5 positions", you regurgitate that bullshit. You are absolutely blind if you honestly think Jared Jeffries can guard 5 positions. Jared Jeffries draws charges. That it.He's good for 2 a game. Other than that,he's getting mandhandled almost any time we play a team with a low post player. If he was such a great defender,we wouldnt have had to go get Chandler.If you wanna blow smoke up your own ass and tell yourself Jeffries good... go right ahead. If you wanna tell yourself he can guard 5 positions. Go right ahead.

However, I know what I see on the court and no way in hell is Jared Jeffries better than Telfair or anybody for that matter. How is his offense better than Telfairs when he is unguarded every game and gets wide open looks yet Telfair averages more than him in 7 less minutes. You say Telfair cant shoot and cant play D but be honest...how many Suns games have you watched all year? Is he a gr8 shooter? No but I'll take his 38% from 3 point range over Jared Jeffries 69% from the FT line. Jeffries shoots point blank shots with little to no defense yet he's only shooting 34%.

If you honestly believe the BS your saying, I really would rather not continue this conversation. Nothing about getting 4 points and 3 rebounds in 20 minutes of play is "terrific". It's not about him being a scorer. It's about him not producing and getting SIGNIFICANT minutes. The 13 minutes Telfair gets is damn near garbage time. 20+ minutes is quality burn. Jeffries is inept on both ends of the court. You yourself were JUST saying how he should only be on the court for a few minutes, but now all of a sudden, because he has a good game or two, that goes out the window? It's this type kneejerk nonsense that makes NY fans intolerable sometimes. Something could happen for months, but a guy could do something in one game and his reputation completely does a 180. Same with Jeremy Lin. Just last month, everyone wanted him gone, now he has 2 really good games against mediocre opponents and he's the saviour. Am I happy for him and do I hope he continues his solid play? Absolutely. That doesnt mean that I just completely forget about the game where he airballed a layup. Or the Sac game where he looked like the nerds in my HS gym class.Not if I'm going to call myself a die hard basketball fan and claim to have knowledge about the game. I call it like it is....not how it appears to be at the time.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #41
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,519
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Jeffries's help defense is great. He doesn't have the weight to guard low post scorers but he does an admirable job preventing penetration when he is matched up with guards. That's why switching hasn't completely bitten us in the @ss this season; our defensive numbers have been solid for the most part.

His activity on the defensive end is especially important when so many of our players are prone to defensive lapses. I still remember when Rondo was raping us in transition Game 2 of the playoffs. As soon as Jeffries came in, he was the lone Knick sprinting in transition to stop Rondo and he singlehandedly changed the dynamic of the game to a halfcourt battle between both teams.

Say what you want about his improving offense but he is a good defender, and I love having him and Chandler together on defense (offense is another story).
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 AM   #42
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"
 
airchibundo507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,519
airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Him guarding 1-5 positions is an exaggeration. I'd say 2-4. Regardless, good help defense is better than good man defense any day of the week.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #43
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

All I know is he has incredible lips.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #44
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,329
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Jeffries has played well this season.

His finishing at the rim has improved and he can actually hit some outside shots when left open.

What's most important his effort is off the charts,he's active on the glass,draws charges and defends.

He actually did a surprisingly good job at Al Jefferson in the 1st half stripping the ball from his hands and causing a lot of turnovers.
In the second half Jefferson made some adjustments and Jeffries couldn't have guarded him. On the other hand Jefferson is one of the most skilled big man in the league.

Jeffries isn't a great player but he was actually very important to the team in the last 2 games. I doubt we would have won those games without him.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #45
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,303
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Franchize, you know you're my guy, but knock it off about Jeffries.

The things you're berating the guy about are the same things we do as well.

We know he isn't an offensively skilled player....we know that.

We also know he should not get more than 15 minutes a game because he is a situational player, and no one is advocating him getting more, not even me.

I love the guy, yes I do, because he does things on the court, little things that transpire into big things like for instance drawing charges.

That alone immediately gives the team the possession, even better than blocks or gambling for a steal.

I know you've played organized ball, I have as well, and you know it is not always about scoring, someone has to do that "other" work, and having a guy willing to do it is appreciated.

Star players aren't gonna sacrifice their body like that...diving on the floor , taking charges, guarding multiple positions.

Besides his teammates love him, and that matters 100 to me as a fan.

To me Jeffries is that dude that sticks his neck out for you, even though he knows personally he is about to get crushed.

I respect effort over skill all day, every day, because some do not use their skills nearly enough for the fanbase they have.....like Telfair.

Telfair is garbage because he hasn't developed his skill, and that is disgraceful from a fan perspective, because the kid has talent that he refuses to use.

Telfair is keeping Telfair from being a very good NBA player.

That's far worse than beating on a minimum wage hustle player.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy