Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #61
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
See previous post.....by your logic Kobe wouldn't have shot as well against the Rockets as he did vs. the Jazz....that right there throws your argument in the trash....

FACTS REMAIN.....kobe is a career 41%FG shooter in the Finals, period....that SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Kobe shooting percentage in the Finals is similar to Jordan's playoff shooting percentage against teams with similar defensive ratings.

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #62
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,007
kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot


Kobe haters have fallen so far that they cant even admit that facing a tougher defense would result in a lower shooting percentage. Its basic basketball knowledge and common sense. Are you guys really that insecure in Jordan's legacy that you cant even admit that?

The 2001 Spurs had a lower DRTG than any of the teams Kobe faced in the Finals lol.

You're good at straying away from the original topic. Weren't we talking about his playoff/finals numbers? Stay on track, kiddo.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #63
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The 2001 Spurs had a lower DRTG than any of the teams Kobe faced in the Finals lol.

You're good at straying away from the original topic. Weren't we talking about his playoff/finals numbers? Stay on track, kiddo.

So because Kobe lit up a great defensive team in a playoff series it completely disproves the common sense theory that playing against teams with lower defensive ratings will result in a lower shooting percentages?

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #64
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Kobe shooting percentage in the Finals is similar to Jordan's playoff shooting percentage against teams with similar defensive ratings.



A 41%FG in 7 Finals appearances is terrible not worthy of any GOAT discussion, no matter who he's playing. The rules were much different in Jordan day and he would eat these so-called "great" defensive teams alive today. Doc Rivers said Jordan would score 40 a game against his 2009 Celtics.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #65
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
So because Kobe lit up a great defensive team in a playoff series it completely disproves the common sense theory that playing against teams with lower defensive ratings will result in a lower shooting percentages?



LOL....um yeah it does!!!! As he just disproved it you moron!!
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #66
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,007
kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
So because Kobe lit up a great defensive team in a playoff series it completely disproves the common sense theory that playing against teams with lower defensive ratings will result in a lower shooting percentages?

So because Kobe gets his ass lit up in the Finals vs teams with a 'good defensive rating', we should give him a pass?

Here's you minutes ago posting Jordan's numbers vs teams with LOW DRTGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Seems like common sense to me. How much better would Kobe have to be than Jordan to face much more effective defenses in

93 Knicks 99.7
97 Heat 100.6



MJ vs 97 Heat

Game 1 15 for 31
Game 2 4 for 15
Game 3 14 for 25
Game 4 9 for 35
Game 5 11 for 31

MJ vs 93 Knicks

Game 1 10 for 27
Game 2 12 for 32
Game 3 3 for 18
Game 4 18 for 30
Game 5 11 for 24
Game 6 8 for 24

Those don't look like teams he played in the Finals. Where is the consistency, apostle?
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #67
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
A 41%FG in 7 Finals appearances is terrible not worthy of any GOAT discussion, no matter who he's playing. The rules were much different in Jordan day and he would eat these so-called "great" defensive teams alive today. Doc Rivers said Jordan would score 40 a game against his 2009 Celtics.

Then why didn't he do so against the 93 Knicks and 97 Heat? Is it just a pure coincidence that the few times he actually faced teams in the playoffs whose defensive ratings were on par with an AVERAGE Finals opponent for Kobe he shot less than 40%?
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #68
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
So because Kobe gets his ass lit up in the Finals vs teams with a 'good defensive rating', we should give him a pass?

Here's you minutes ago posting Jordan's numbers vs teams with LOW DRTGs.



Those don't look like teams he played in the Finals. Where is the consistency, apostle?

I hold similar respect for both Kobe and Jordan's playoff performances against elite finals defenses. I just wish I could have seen Jordan have a few more. Only the 96 Sonics come close.

04 Spurs 94.1
99 Spurs 95.0
04 Pistons 95.4
01 Spurs 98.0
01 76ers 98.9
08 Celtics 98.9
00 Suns 99.0
04 Rockets 99.0
02 Nets 99.5
01 Kings 99.6
04 Twolves 99.7
02 Spurs 99.7
03 Spurs 99.7
93 Knicks 99.7
97 Heat 100.6

00 Blazers 100.8
02 Kings 101.1
98 Pacers 101.6
08 Spurs 101.8
01 Blazers 101.8
09 Magic 101.9
00 Kings 102.1
96 Sonics 102.1

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot : 02-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #69
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

btw MJ vs 96 Sonics

9-18
9-22
11-23
6-19
11-22
5-19

= 41.46%

must be just another coincidence at play here...
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #70
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
I hold similar respect for both Kobe and Jordan's playoff performances against elite finals defenses. I just wish I could have seen Jordan have a few more. Only the 96 Sonics come close.

04 Spurs 94.1
99 Spurs 95.0
04 Pistons 95.4
01 Spurs 98.0
01 76ers 98.9
08 Celtics 98.9
00 Suns 99.0
04 Rockets 99.0
02 Nets 99.5
01 Kings 99.6
04 Twolves 99.7
02 Spurs 99.7
03 Spurs 99.7
93 Knicks 99.7
97 Heat 100.6

00 Blazers 100.8
02 Kings 101.1
98 Pacers 101.6
08 Spurs 101.8
01 Blazers 101.8
09 Magic 101.9
00 Kings 102.1


I guarantee you 90% of the teams on that list were not near as good a defensive team as the late 80's Pistons who had a Drating of 103-105 at their best.....


BY YOUR SILLY LOGIC

The 2003 Washington Wizards (40-year old Jordan's team) (104.1 Drating)were a BETTER defensive team than the 1989 World Champion Detroit Pistons with a (104.7 Drating).

GAME OVER, you lose bitch.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #71
SlayerEnraged
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,041
SlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputationSlayerEnraged has a bad reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
See previous post.....by your logic Kobe wouldn't have shot as well against the Rockets as he did vs. the Jazz....that right there throws your argument in the trash....

FACTS REMAIN.....kobe is a career 41%FG shooter in the Finals, period....that SUCKS!!!!!!!!

With u homers its 1 contradiction after another..First its that KObe's only good vs the crappy teams, then u point out good numbers vs good defensive teams..SMH ur such a moron. The probability of a player shooting worse fg% than normal vs teams with a high drtg is probably 90-95% true in most series. LOL without drtg how do we know what teams are the worst at defense and which ones are the best? Funny how u liked talking about drtg when u discussed most of kobe's 40 points games right?
SlayerEnraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #72
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,924
Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
I guarantee you 90% of the teams on that list were not near as good a defensive team as the late 80's Pistons who had a Drating of 103-105 at their best.....


BY YOUR SILLY LOGIC

The 2003 Washington Wizards (40-year old Jordan's team) (104.1 Drating)were a BETTER defensive team than the 1989 World Champion Detroit Pistons with a (104.7 Drating).

GAME OVER, you lose bitch.

Its not a ranking. Its a simple point per possession formula. 03 Wizards opponents scored less points per possession against them then 89 Pistons opponents against the 89 Pistons.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #73
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Its not a ranking. Its a simple point per possession formula. 03 Wizards opponents scored less points per possession against them then 89 Pistons opponents against the 89 Pistons.



GO AHEAD and tell me that the 2003 Wizards were a better defensive team then the 1989 Pistons, they did have the better defensive rating....right? Does that mean they are the better defensive team??
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #74
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,175
Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
His first three Finals weren't that competitive. LA played teams they were clearly better than and demolished them. Plus they were Shaq's first title shots so he got way more touches in the Finals.

And then in the last three Finals Kobe played top defenses in the league in each matchup. Number 1 ranked Orlando in 09 and an all time great defensive team in Boston in the other two years.

Every team Kobe played in the Finals was a defensive minded team.. 08-10 Celtics, 04 Pistons, 02 Nets, 01 Sixers, 09 Magic.. theyall relied on great D to win. He never got the Mavs in the Finals..

No, but he got em last year in the second round and got swept.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #75
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
With u homers its 1 contradiction after another..First its that KObe's only good vs the crappy teams, then u point out good numbers vs good defensive teams..SMH ur such a moron. The probability of a player shooting worse fg% than normal vs teams with a high drtg is probably 90-95% true in most series. LOL without drtg how do we know what teams are the worst at defense and which ones are the best? Funny how u liked talking about drtg when u discussed most of kobe's 40 points games right?


Does most of Kobe's 50-point games come against the worst teams in the league or not??
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy