Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #61
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Seattle to get a new team by fall?

Another story on this topic:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9204
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #62
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
So are all the Sonics fans who spent years bemoaning the loss of the Sonics to OKC even going as far as making a movie called Sonics-gate now going to openly embrace stealing another cities team?

You cannot compare the two situations. What happened with the Sonics was immoral because people from Seattle got screwed. If the Kings move to Seattle, it's not immoral, because people from Seattle wouldn't be getting screwed.

It's only unfair when bad things happen to you...not when they happen to other people.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #63
frmsea2okc
Bball Emeritus

frmsea2okc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
Sorry OKC, even if Seattle gets a new team, it will not clear your dirty concious for how you stole our team.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard on this board.

OKC didn't steal the team, Clay Bennet did. Seattle had chances to keep the team by building a new arena. I LIVE in SEATTLE. I was here for this. The city didn't want to build another arena right after quest (now century link) and safeco just got built. I f*cking hate Bennett and stern for the way they lied and planned all along to move to OKC but shit dont blame the fans. If a team with an absolute superstar and fantastic gm were brought to your doorstep you'd love it. Those fans are some of the loudest, most supportive in the league and to all those saying if okc had the kings and seattle the thunder then okc fans wouldn't be as supportive is completely unknowable.
Its not oklahoma city's fault the sonics got relocated.

Sonicsgate Requiem For a Team (educate yourself)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Dp20ydm1E
frmsea2okc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #64
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Seattle trying to get an NBA team back in town

"It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
The Lakers beat the Supersonics"

Allways remind me when i hear that

http://rapgenius.com/Ice-cube-it-was...ics#note-16093

Last edited by tomtucker : 02-06-2012 at 07:03 AM.
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #65
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
So are all the Sonics fans who spent years bemoaning the loss of the Sonics to OKC even going as far as making a movie called Sonics-gate now going to openly embrace stealing another cities team?

Yes sir.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #66
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay_24
Utah shouldnt have a team

Why not? They have been consistent for 20-30 years. The fans and the city are on the same page. Utah is a perfect place for a team. As long as the fan base is strong and the city is behind the team, they are doing the right things and should have a team.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #67
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #68
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

I hate to say this, but the Seattle Supersonics is a more classic and sick name than Oklahoma City thunder. They should just move back to Seattle. Honestly, I don't care to watch OCT, just because of their name. It looks silly to me. It's like the Memphis Grizzlies. Me and my friend joke about how they are the same team and we forget which team is which. Seattle is nice city. I never been to Oklahoma, but how can that be better than Seattle? It's all about Seattle, let them have the Sonics back. Forget thunder. I don't watch Durant and westbrook because i think they play on a silly team. And i don't mean to disrespect oklahoma residents, but seattle was first. Were talking Payton, Kemp, Shremph.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #69
Zenji
LA Galaxy

Zenji is considered somewhat coolZenji is considered somewhat cool

Whats the deal with the Sacramento Kings? Are they any closer to getting an arena built? Isn't the deadline to get something done in March?
Zenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #70
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bring back this team. Gary Payton needs to be the GM of this team.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #71
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: