Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I think it's time to put him above big ben, even if its by a millimeter. Big Ben played horrible in his 1st super bowl win. But their careers could def be comparable.

No argument there. I think it would be fair to say Roeth is in his own little category, and Eli is in his own zone right above Roeth....and then the elite right above that.

Eli isn't far off. He'll get there eventually, I think.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
he looks like an inbred retard

Yet this is his wife

Life's a bitch.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He had a great year, but i hope people don't go overboard with the praise. My twitter's been full of Eli>Peyton garbage tonight.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #19
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Eli probably became a hall of fame QB tonight. But he's not in the top 5 class. He needs to do things still, even more amazing things, and have regular season consistency to even be allowed in the conversation. I doubt (highly) he ever would make it into the conversation, and he'll never be brady, never be montana. Thats a bit much to ask.

BUT HE PROBABLY BECAME A HALL OF FAME QB tonight. Anyone who thinks that is not enough needs to get a grip.

Why do you say he will never be Brady? He beat Brady twice in the SUPERBOWL like a true warrior engineering gave winning drives in both. Montana i understand but Brady he is in the discussion.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #20
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
I think it's time to put him above big ben, even if its by a millimeter. Big Ben played horrible in his 1st super bowl win. But their careers could def be comparable.

yeah something like that .. he's slightly ahead of roethlisberger now .. BR had a shot last year to really set himself apart but failed
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #21
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Eli probably became a hall of fame QB tonight. But he's not in the top 5 class. He needs to do things still, even more amazing things, and have regular season consistency to even be allowed in the conversation. I doubt (highly) he ever would make it into the conversation, and he'll never be brady, never be montana. Thats a bit much to ask.

BUT HE PROBABLY BECAME A HALL OF FAME QB tonight. Anyone who thinks that is not enough needs to get a grip.

why is that too much to ask .. the guy's owned brady twice now in the championship game .. not some regular season wins .. the CHAMPIONSHIP OF FOOTBALL .. has just one less title than him now .. yet he can never be brady ? why ? because he doesn't get ballwashed by the media constantly ? .. .. you're right though .. he's not brady .. he just owns brady when they meet up to decide WHO'S THE BEST
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
He had a great year, but i hope people don't go overboard with the praise. My twitter's been full of Eli>Peyton garbage tonight.

you're not getting it .. what's so far fetched to you about comparing eli and peyton .. Eli's come up absolutely CLUTCH when it counts .. cold blooded against one of the best(brady) and beaten him twice for the title .. he most definitely can be compared with peyton
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #23
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

good work by Eli. After tonight's win, I might as well rank Eli over Roethlisberger in the big 2004 QB draft class. He earned it in my books.

Eli
Roethlisberger
Rivers

anyone agree with me? They both have 2 Super bowl rings, but it seems Eli has that extra edge to win football games. Things may change later when Roethlisberger wins another ring.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #24
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Those 20 something picks he had a year ago was amazing also.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #25
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
you're not getting it .. what's so far fetched to you about comparing eli and peyton .. Eli's come up absolutely CLUTCH when it counts .. cold blooded against one of the best(brady) and beaten him twice for the title .. he most definitely can be compared with peyton

Serious? One guy is a borderline top 5 qb in the league, the other is an all time great..

Credit where its due to him for playing a controlled game and not making mistakes tonight, but thats no reason to overrate the guy.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

LockoutOver11 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
good work by Eli. After tonight's win, I might as well rank Eli over Roethlisberger in the big 2004 QB draft class. He earned it in my books.

Eli
Roethlisberger
Rivers

anyone agree with me? They both have 2 Super bowl rings, but it seems Eli has that extra edge to win football games. Things may change later when Roethlisberger wins another ring.

both play for good ass franchises... but giants is better;)
LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Peyton is a four time MVP who has played for a team that goes 2-14 without him. Eli isn't better than Peyton, come on, that's just nonsense right now. He might be able to pull even down the road with consistent play for 5-7 years. But right now? That's crazy people talk.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #28
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Those 20 something picks he had a year ago was amazing also.
old news get with the program he's got 2 rings son
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #29
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Peyton is a four time MVP who has played for a team that goes 2-14 without him. Eli isn't better than Peyton, come on, that's just nonsense right now. He might be able to pull even down the road with consistent play for 5-7 years. But right now? That's crazy people talk.
i agree with you but the giants without eli might also be 2-14 this year.

he had to pull about 5-6 games out of his ass for them to be 9-7
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #30
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Eli IMO is the best clutch QB in the game right now...

Keywords = right now so the Brady fanboys can back off...

#10 gets it done in the BIG GAMES...that throw to Manningham was unbelievably perfect, dropped it right in the only spot possible for his guy to make the play in double coverage
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: