Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #31
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,062
dude77 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
Serious? One guy is a borderline top 5 qb in the league, the other is an all time great..

Credit where its due to him for playing a controlled game and not making mistakes tonight, but thats no reason to overrate the guy.

I don't think you get it .. if anything you're underrating him .. what he's done is huge .. when it counts .. not regular season garbage .. this is what separates the greats from everyone else and he's now bested brady twice in the title game .. brady, that guy who's an 'all time great' .. not sure what you're not understanding
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
both play for good ass franchises... but giants is better;)
You should check your facts because the Steelers has been getting it done more the Giants since both were drafted... Steelers have like 6 playoff appearances and 2 Superbowls. Next to the Patriots no other franchise has that resume.

Eli just doesnt have the regular season resume to be compared to the other Elite QB's. He still has time though.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #33
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,062
dude77 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
You should check your facts because the Steelers has been getting it done more the Giants since both were drafted... Steelers have like 6 playoff appearances and 2 Superbowls. Next to the Patriots no other franchise has that resume.

Eli just doesnt have the regular season resume to be compared to the other Elite QB's. He still has time though.



dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #34
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
What a fantastic rebuttal....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #35
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,062
dude77 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
What a fantastic rebuttal....


I've been rebutting .. read the posts .. Eli has shown that he performs at a VERY HIGH LEVEL AND WINS in the biggest games and against brady, who's 'one of the best' .. do you know who troy aikman is ? I'm sure you do .. hall of fame, 'elite' qb .. Manning has more tds than him already and 5k less yards so he will pass him in passing yardage as well ..

.. and now he owns one of the greatest qbs of all time in brady and has 2 rings and 2 sb mvps .. to say he can't be compared to brady or other elite qbs at this point is laughable especially when's he now owned brady twice in the title game .. it sounds like trolling
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #36
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
I've been rebutting .. read the posts .. Eli has shown that he performs at a VERY HIGH LEVEL AND WINS in the biggest games and against brady, who's 'one of the best' .. do you know who troy aikman is ? I'm sure you do .. hall of fame, 'elite' qb .. Manning has more tds than him already and 5k less yards so he will pass him in passing yardage as well ..

.. and now he owns one of the greatest qbs of all time in brady and has 2 rings and 2 sb mvps .. to say he can't be compared to brady or other elite qbs at this point is laughable especially when's he now owned brady twice in the title game .. it sounds like trolling
I responded to the moronic statement about the Giants being better than the Steelers....

Now it sounds all well and good but you are comparing 2 different era's so the numbers are subjective. I mean Aikman had a work horse back and put up great numbers as well.

I think Eli is Elite but he can not overtake the Peyton's and Brady's yet because he hasnt had the great regular season's like those guys. Those guys are out there breaking records and Peyton and Brady stay in the playoffs.

Trolling is when someone doesnt realize that the 2 great years and 2 SB MVP's makes him elite but they discount the consistency and greatness of other QB's that carry's their team every year regular season and playoffs is pretty

dur dur....

Like I said Eli still has time.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Thread title should be


"Gotta hand it to Osi/Tuck/Canty/JPP, they are amazing"
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #38
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,062
dude77 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I responded to the moronic statement about the Giants being better than the Steelers....

Now it sounds all well and good but you are comparing 2 different era's so the numbers are subjective. I mean Aikman had a work horse back and put up great numbers as well.

I think Eli is Elite but he can not overtake the Peyton's and Brady's yet because he hasnt had the great regular season's like those guys. Those guys are out there breaking records and Peyton and Brady stay in the playoffs.

Trolling is when someone doesnt realize that the 2 great years and 2 SB MVP's makes him elite but they discount the consistency and greatness of other QB's that carry's their team every year regular season and playoffs is pretty

Like I said Eli still has time.

time for what ? lol .. he's ahead of a hall of famer in aikman already in 'stats' .. you have no argument .. you're just babbling and going circles at this point ..

.. one more time .. Aikman is a hall of fame 'elite' quarterback .. Manning has more touchdowns than him in less years and he's nowhere near done and will have more yards than him in a year or two and continue to add to his total and completely blow away Aikman .. and now he has the accolades .. not to mention he's dominated a contemporary in tom brady who's 'one of the all time greats' .. you're trolling and have some personal bias against Manning .. can't argue with people like you .. you're blinded by your own bias
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
time for what ? lol .. he's ahead of a hall of famer in aikman already in 'stats' .. you have no argument .. you're just babbling and going circles at this point ..

.. one more time .. Aikman is a hall of fame 'elite' quarterback .. Manning has more touchdowns than him in less years and he's nowhere near done and will have more yards than him in a year or two and continue to add to his total and completely blow away Aikman .. and now he has the accolades .. not to mention he's dominated a contemporary in tom brady who's 'one of the all time greats' .. you're trolling and have some personal bias against Manning .. can't argue with people like you .. you're blinded by your own bias
Of course you cant argue with me because I dont argue. What gains a wise man if he argues with fools.

All you can do is repeat the same nonsense.

First let me make it simple for you. Try comparing Eli to the current elite QB's and see where his numbers stack.

What he has time for???? To surpass the current players numbers wise.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #40
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,867
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Thread title should be


"Gotta hand it to Osi/Tuck/Canty/JPP, they are amazing"

Right. Their 2 sacks, and 3 tackles for a loss were totally the difference in the game.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 AM   #41
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Eli did break a regular season record this year: most fourth quarter touchdown passes (15).

Kid's a HOFer.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #42
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Eli did break a regular season record this year: most fourth quarter touchdown passes (15).

Kid's a HOFer.
This is all fine and good but to imply what Eli has accomplished in TOTAL for his career is on par with the TOTAL careers of Peyton and Brady is ludicrous!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #43
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,905
baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Congrats to Eli, he won be over this year
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #44
dude77
NBA lottery pick
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,062
dude77 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Of course you cant argue with me because I dont argue. What gains a wise man if he argues with fools.

All you can do is repeat the same nonsense.

First let me make it simple for you. Try comparing Eli to the current elite QB's and see where his numbers stack.

What he has time for???? To surpass the current players numbers wise.

wtf is this ? .. am I talking to a wall ? ..

he already SURPASSED a HALL OF FAME QB you idiot .. and he has 2 titles and sb mvps to go with it and he's OWNED THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE TWICE NOW IN THE TITLE GAME .. you conveniently disregard all of this information because it doesn't fit your agenda and if you acknowledge it you'll have to admit you're wrong(which you are) and look like the obtuse dumbass that you are

Last edited by dude77 : 02-06-2012 at 02:51 AM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #45
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,697
Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
wtf is this ? .. am I talking to a wall ? ..

he already SURPASSED a HALL OF FAME QB you idiot .. and he has 2 titles and sb mvps to go with it and he's OWNED THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE TWICE NOW IN THE TITLE GAME .. you conveniently disregard all of this information because it doesn't fit your agenda and if you acknowledge it you'll have to admit you're wrong(which you are) and look like the obtuse dumbass that you are
Ah I get it your point Eli is on par with the elite QB's of his era because he surpassed Troy Aikman (if this is true, dont know dont care)....



Bro you sound utterly ridiculous... and I am done with his because I am tired of making you look foolish. I had my fun for the evening. I have an early T-Time.

Beace



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This is all fine and good but to imply what Eli has accomplished in TOTAL for his career is on par with the TOTAL careers of Peyton and Brady is ludicrous!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy