Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
P.S. Why did you spell prove with two o's you ****ing idiot?

For added effect.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
For added effect.

I think you're an ignorant nazi.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Stats updated............Brady is now without question the second best quarterback ever.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It bugs me that someone could honestly think that being the winning quarterback in a divisional round playoff game can make you go from arguably the second greatest QB ever to CLEARLY the second GOAT.

I have a severely low tolerance of illogical concepts.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It bugs me that someone could honestly think that being the winning quarterback in a divisional round playoff game can make you go from arguably the second greatest QB ever to CLEARLY the second GOAT.

I have a severely low tolerance of illogical concepts.

Peyton is the best regular season QB ever.

Does that make you feel better?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Hopefully people read this. It sums up perfectly how I feel about the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblaze8855
Tom Brady has never been dominant and won anything. tom Brady when he carries a team does exactly what his fans have hated on everyone but him for.

Gets stats and loses when it matters. Every singinficant thing he does on offense happens in seasons they fail. Led the L in TDs twice...missed the playoffs in one...lost the greatest upset in 40 years in the other. Led in passing yards in another year. Ended with an upset loss. Tom Brady for the most past doesnt carry teams to success. He helps them to it. But he has the reputation of someone who carries.

Granted a lot of passing usually suggest bad things for a team but fact is...Tom Brady when he carries a team...usually loses. Yet he enjoys the rep of a man who leads teams in a much more direct way.

The fact that he got his highest praise in a choke of a season really makes the point ive made for years. In the end quarterbacks might be judged by winning...doesnt mean its right. Its just easy. Tom Brady played better than everyone this year and lost. Manning did it several time. So did Elway. And Young.

Brady earned his most respect this year because he balled. Not because he won. Thats how it should be. Losing doesnt mean you arent great. Just means your several dozen guys(all things considered) lost to someone elses. Cant put it all on one guy.

To prop a guy up so high and disregard him doing the same thing everyone else go thated on for in comparison to him(for 3 years in a row now) just feels...wrong.

If Brady is the best ever he proved it while losing. Hes shown more "magic", swagger, and ability to carry a team in the last 6 years than almost anyone ive ever seen. Barring the massive overrating he got off his early career...he would be one of my all time favorites just off the last few years. But as it stands? watching him get better and better and fail over and over and over and over and over(and one more over I think) is just too funny to me. The guy who got the most "Winning is greatness" love clearly getting better as he loses in crushing fashion year after year is just too perfect for the case ive been making since like....1994.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #22
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Quote:
Tom Brady has never been dominant and won anything

stopped reading there.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Hopefully people read this. It sums up perfectly how I feel about the situation.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Tom Brady is already the GOAT, anything else he wins is just icing in the cake.

Peyton will need to have an Elway type of finish in his career to be in the same breath as Brady and Joe Cool.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #26
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

Quote:

how mad are you that Brady has both the statistcal dominance and the multiple superbowl rings? even if he didn't get the rings while dominating he still has both accolades which is more than what your boy peyton can say.
STATUTORY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
how mad are you that Brady has both the statistcal dominance and the multiple superbowl rings? even if he didn't get the rings while dominating he still has both accolades which is more than what your boy peyton can say.

Well, he doesn't have both. Not in the sense of being equal to Peyton in accolades.

Peyton - 4, possibly 5 MVP's to Brady's two....12 pro bowls to Brady 8.....9 all pro teams to Bradys 3.....15000 more passing yards....100 more touchdowns....
Old 01-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #28
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Well, he doesn't have both. Not in the sense of being equal to Peyton in accolades.

Peyton - 4, possibly 5 MVP's to Brady's two....12 pro bowls to Brady 8.....9 all pro teams to Bradys 3.....15000 more passing yards....100 more touchdowns....

Like I said, Peyton is the best regular season QB ever. But Brady has better playoff stats, AND 5 conference titles, AND 3 Superbowls............
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #29
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

To be fair Peyton started 3 more seasons compared to Brady.

Brady hasn't shown any signs of slowing down and he's playing the best ball of his career in the past few seasons. He's going to be putting up some more MVP type of seasons while having another ring on his finger.

Brady is the GOAT
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #30
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

Tom Brady is the best QB ever. Peyton has no case. He is a choke artist and puts up empty stats.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: