Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #91
jazz873
College star

Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen1
With any other QB this year patriots would end up the year with a high draft pick.

Patriots had no business in winning 12 games or being in the AFC championship game if it was not for him.

His best receiver is a guy who was a QB. And he still managed to win games with it.

INB4 a retard comes here and asks "didn't you watch yesterday's game?"
You can say that about many other teams if they were to lose their QB.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #92
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: The Stats Proove That Tom Brady Moves Ever Closer To Becoming The GOAT Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen1
With any other QB this year patriots would end up the year with a high draft pick.

Patriots had no business in winning 12 games or being in the AFC championship game if it was not for him.

His best receiver is a guy who was a QB. And he still managed to win games with it.

INB4 a retard comes here and asks "didn't you watch yesterday's game?"
well, didn't you?

they beat a very good Colt's team with little to nothing from Brady...how is it retarded to point that out?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #93
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Personally, I think Manning has taken over as being the GOAT, but I don't have a big problem with people naming like 5-6 others. I just won't agree with the people who put such an overemphasis on a single game (the Super Bowl).
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #94
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Brady has a better playoff record than Montana ALREADY. I guess facts don't matter to you.

If the Patriots win the Superbowl, then Brady's playoff record will be 20-7. Montana's playoff record was 16-7.

20-7 versus 16-7............that's a huge difference when we are talking about the playoffs.

Those are team stats. If you're going to argue about players, then try using player stats, which isn't that easy to do for players from different eras. People over-glorify Joe Montana, but your over-glorification of Brady surpasses theirs.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #95
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Those are team stats. If you're going to argue about players, then try using player stats, which isn't that easy to do for players from different eras. People over-glorify Joe Montana, but your over-glorification of Brady surpasses theirs.

Whatever. The ESPN poll had Brady - Montana at 50 - 50 last year. So you fools are just a bunch of haters.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #96
phelix2000
Decent playground baller

The reason the pats running game has been effective is because how much of a threat Brady is with his passing game. There is no denying Blountes refound success that he had during college, but having to worry about Brady definitely frees up your rushing game. I know Brady had no TD passes vs the Colts, but he had some amazing passes to both Edleman and Amendola. Additionally, Brady has a completely new crop of receivers this year and they are doing this without Gronk.

For those of you arguing Payton is better and has done better in the regular season I want you to look at what WRs Brady has had throughout his career and for how long (Moss for a few seasons, he was also over 30 most of those years). Then look at who Payton has had (Hint: Prime Marvin Harrison, Prime Reggie Wayne).
phelix2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #97
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelix2000
The reason the pats running game has been effective is because how much of a threat Brady is with his passing game. There is no denying Blountes refound success that he had during college, but having to worry about Brady definitely frees up your rushing game. I know Brady had no TD passes vs the Colts, but he had some amazing passes to both Edleman and Amendola. Additionally, Brady has a completely new crop of receivers this year and they are doing this without Gronk.

For those of you arguing Payton is better and has done better in the regular season I want you to look at what WRs Brady has had throughout his career and for how long (Moss for a few seasons, he was also over 30 most of those years). Then look at who Payton has had (Hint: Prime Marvin Harrison, Prime Reggie Wayne).

Agreed. Teams plan for that passing game. idc if brady is being a game manager. Now that our running game is clicking, we will have two threats at both ends of offense.
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #98
Solefade
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelix2000

So true, there's no single WR you can associate with Tom whereas you can put a couple with Peyton.
Solefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #99
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solefade
So true, there's no single WR you can associate with Tom whereas you can put a couple with Peyton.

Welker?

Brady has had plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball and almost always had a better defense in NE than Peyton had in Indy.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #100
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Stats are stupid. For me, it's all about what I see on the field. Thus, I think Manning is the GOAT. No problem if you think Brady or Montana are better but team stats are not the way to show it
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #101
Solefade
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Welker?

Brady has had plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball and almost always had a better defense in NE than Peyton had in Indy.

I wouldn't put Welker on the same level of significance as Prime Marvin and Wayne was to Peyton. And yeah, Patriots usually has had the better defenses but Tom's also been a lot more clutch in the playoffs than Peyton also.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #102
jazz873
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Stats are stupid. For me, it's all about what I see on the field. Thus, I think Manning is the GOAT. No problem if you think Brady or Montana are better but team stats are not the way to show it
Yup. Playoff performances > playoff wins/losses.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #103
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
This

if Peyton or Brady won a ring this year (team award anyway) putting up amazing numbers they STILL wouldn't be > Montana

people just don't get it

Montana:

3 all-pro first teams
2 all-pro second teams
2 MVP awards
3 superbowl mvps

Manning:

7 all-pro first teams
3 all-pro first teams
5 MVP awards
2 superbowl mvp (I'm assuming if Broncos win he would get it)

He may end up the leader of all-time for yards, touchdowns, comebacks and GW drives.

From an individual stand-point you can make the case he's on par or better than Montana. Although you will still have a gigantic number of people who will say 4 > 2 and that's the end of the discussion.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #104
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solefade
I wouldn't put Welker on the same level of significance as Prime Marvin and Wayne was to Peyton. And yeah, Patriots usually has had the better defenses but Tom's also been a lot more clutch in the playoffs than Peyton also.

Moss > *

Better defenses and a better coach. First year Pats lost Brady vs first year Colts lost Manning...
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #105
Solefade
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
Moss > *

Better defenses and a better coach. First year Pats lost Brady vs first year Colts lost Manning...

only had moss for one good year though..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: