Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Mitch Kupchak Rumors

I'm hearing on the sports talk radio stations 570 and 710, that Mitch is close to leaving the Lakers. They didn't say if at his request or if he's being forced out.
This is very disturbing if they are in such a chaotic state.....how can anything get done.....and we desperately NEED a trade or two.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Mitch Kupchak Rumors

You wouldn't wanna be near me if a trade doesn't go down by March deadline. Furious.

Chance to get the best center in the NBA and don't do shit? Not believing it. jim buss...
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
You wouldn't wanna be near me if a trade doesn't go down by March deadline. Furious.

Chance to get the best center in the NBA and don't do shit? Not believing it. jim buss...

Im also speculating this as well. I am saying that Jim is behind all of this. It seems as though he is completely shattering everything in hopes of rebuilding his own legacy as lakers owner. We can only hope we will be as passionate as his father was, and committed to bringing nothing short of success here in laker land.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch

You and me both will be furious....I'll start an OCCUPY Staples Center movement
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
You and me both will be furious....I'll start an OCCUPY Staples Center movement

Hey now I'm curious. Why DK laker?
What's the DK for?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah the Mitch leaving rumors bummed me out. Jim buss is a jackass. He's taking a team that was a trade or two away from being elite for the next 4 years into a team that's playing like a .500 team.

Worst part about it, the moves he's made (players, coaches, etc.) hasn't made us better today and it hasn't set us up to be better tomorrow..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Lakers are going through a serious shake up and the FANS don't like it at all.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Hey now I'm curious. Why DK laker?
What's the DK for?

Apologies, but I'm actually very private which is why I never participated in the bio thing on this site that you all did, which was very interesting I have to say.
I will say that I have been involved with AAU coaching and the Sports and Entertainment field for a long time......probably wouldn't be good if people I deal with were to find me on here Only 1 person on here knows me and I trust him
Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When it starts to affect the wallets of the owners they'll know they messed up. The Lakers are a franchise that needs to win to stay profitable. The fans aren't going to put up with mediocrity. Mitch took a little bit to find his niche with the Lakers but lately has done a very good job as a GM. If they lose him and have the team has a bunch of bonehead moves by Jim Buss, they'll end up being mediocre again. That will cause the team to lose money (or should I say not make near as much) and they'll be forced to make moves.

To be fair, it was Stern that screwed over the Lakers the most. That CP3 deal was a better one than NO got from the Clippers. If you look at that deal now they may lose Eric Gordon, and are already trading Kaman. So really they'll have that draft pick to show for it. Had the CP3 trade went through I think Howard would also be a Laker right now and things would be much different. So while Buss is an idiot, the main blame for the Lakers troubles is Stern.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
When it starts to affect the wallets of the owners they'll know they messed up. The Lakers are a franchise that needs to win to stay profitable. The fans aren't going to put up with mediocrity. Mitch took a little bit to find his niche with the Lakers but lately has done a very good job as a GM. If they lose him and have the team has a bunch of bonehead moves by Jim Buss, they'll end up being mediocre again. That will cause the team to lose money (or should I say not make near as much) and they'll be forced to make moves.

To be fair, it was Stern that screwed over the Lakers the most. That CP3 deal was a better one than NO got from the Clippers. If you look at that deal now they may lose Eric Gordon, and are already trading Kaman. So really they'll have that draft pick to show for it. Had the CP3 trade went through I think Howard would also be a Laker right now and things would be much different. So while Buss is an idiot, the main blame for the Lakers troubles is Stern.

Yeah, I'm glad that this is blowing up in Stern's face, I hope the pompous @ss gets fired after this season, he keeps doing things just for the sake of showing he has power. Changed the basketball without consulting the players only to have to change it back, bringing in a dress code, excessive fines for comments about his terrible referees.....the Paul trade and much more.
This has severely damaged the credibility of the league.
I still think there are crooked refs out there who are under Stern's control.......Danny Crawford to name 1, he's been dirty since he came into the league.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #11
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't we get rid of jim buss instead?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Really folks its important to consider that every story has at least two sides to it. You have the perspective of person A and his followers, the story of person B and his followers, and in some cases, the story of guys watching from far away.

The reason that everyone right now is against Jim Buss is because the team which had existed the past few seasons, along with its personnel, were proven winners. There is no questioning that its hard to go against a proven winner.

Right now the team belongs to Jim Buss. Its all but official. What is going on his he is beginning to be the founder for his own little empire. Its not a bad thing if he can prove that he is a winner. Give him a chance. No empire lasts forever. What goes up eventually must come down, and when they do come down, they do not necessarily stay down.

Sit back and watch, thats all you can do. He is the owner, he's inheriting this team from his dad. Let him be the owner.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
DKLaker

[quote=lakerfreak

The reason that everyone right now is against Jim Buss is because the team which had existed the past few seasons, along with its personnel, were proven winners. There is no questioning that its hard to go against a proven winner.

[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for everyone else on here but my reasons are quite different,
Jimmy is a pampered dumb ass and always has been. He isn't capable of running a flea market much less an NBA team....he just flat out doesn't have the brains.
He should've stuck to training his daddy's horses.....he did a decent job at that.
Jeanie should be running this team, she's always had the sports smarts and management skills.....if she was running it we wouldn't be in this mess now.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Jeanie should be running this team, she's always had the sports smarts and management skills.....if she was running it we wouldn't be in this mess now.

Jeanie Buss may have all that, but I don't know if she has the balls to make the tough decisions, such as getting coaches fired or holding a tight grip on certain players like Andrew Bynum or trading a player (or players plural) away. Jim may be an egoistic idiot, but he does have the balls to stick to what he wants.. whether it is good or bad is another story.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone else on here but my reasons are quite different,
Jimmy is a pampered dumb ass and always has been. He isn't capable of running a flea market much less an NBA team....he just flat out doesn't have the brains.
He should've stuck to training his daddy's horses.....he did a decent job at that.

Okay so we know your position. Can you give me evidence as to why he is the bolded part?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: